Can't Sleep Love

Can't Sleep Love

Chanhee never considered himself to be a light sleeper. To wake up in the morning, it usually took some effort from the other members. He normally needed a few alarms on his phone in order to wake up in time.

This was one of the reasons why he and Byunghun normally shared a room when visiting abroad. Byunghun’s strange sleeping habits such as sleep talking never bothered Chanhee and his own sleep. Even if Byunghun were to start talking or walking, it would not affect Chanhee in any way

However, this changed after an earthquake hit Tokyo when there were having promotions.

Teen Top’s visit to Japan started out like any other overseas visit. After settling their things in the hotel, the members would meet their fans through various activities. Then after spending hours with the fans, they would be allowed to go out with their managers. Chanhee spent his time shopping for souvenirs to give to his family and friends.  Byunghun decided he would stay at the hotel, feeling exhausted from all their recent activities.

Their day continued on just like that. When Chanhee returned back to their hotel room, he noticed how Byunghun was already sleeping in his side’s bed. Chuckling softly, Chanhee noticed that it was only about eight o’clock in the evening.

“He’s probably going to wake up in the middle of the night feeling hungry.” Chanhee mumbled, a small pout appearing on his lips as he placed the food he bought for his roommate in the fridge. He smiled when he found a pen and paper, writing his friend a note.

“Your food is in the fridge. Don’t wake me up!!!”

“And he didn’t even wash up yet.” Chanhee rolled his eyes when he saw that Byunghun was sleeping in the clothes he arrived in. He grabbed the note he wrote and added one more sentence.

“And don’t forget to wash up!”

Smiling contently at the note, he attached it to the fridge before he himself decided it was time to wash up. Chanhee let out a yawn and went over to his luggage, opening it to look for his pajamas to sleep in

He was definitely looking forward to sleeping peacefully.

X

“Move over.”

Chanhee groaned as he felt someone shake him gently, waking him up from his sleep. Opening his eyes slightly, he noticed Byunghun standing by his bed. From the look of it, the rapper had just finished showering and was already in his pajamas.

“Move over.” Byunghun repeated and Chanhee groaned once more, moving over to make space for his roommate.

“Your hair is wet. You might catch a cold.” Chanhee scolded sleepily as a yawn escaped his lips.

“I’ll take medicine then.” Byunghun chuckled as he got into bed, wrapping an arm around Chanhee’s waist.

“Clingy.” The vocalist clicked his tongue playfully, letting the rapper keep his arm around him.

“Go back to sleep.”

“Goodnight.”

Chanhee adjusted his body, letting his back rest on Byunghun’s chest. They never really told the other members about their relationship yet. They themselves hadn’t set any boundaries about what they were exactly. Some days, they showed more skinship and were much more vocal about their feelings for each other. But on other days, they acted like they were just friends and nothing more.

Letting out a sigh, Chanhee decided it was best for him to just stop thinking about his strange relationship with Byunghun.

He just needed his rest.

X

The next time Chanhee was awakened, something felt strange about his surroundings. He opened his eyes and felt his entire world spinning and shaking.

“Byunghun!” Chanhee whispered, his voice sounding weak as he glanced around the room.

 The tables. The television. The chairs. The bed. Everything was shaking around Chanhee.  He looked over at the rapper beside him and felt his eyes widen in surprise.

Byunghun’s eyes were wide open, but he seemed to be in a daze. It was almost as if he was staring straight through Chanhee. However, that didn’t stop Chanhee from staring back at him. He knew Byunghun was sleeping because this had happened a few times in the past.

After a few moments, the shaking eventually stopped. Chanhee let out a sigh of relief as the bed finally stayed still.

“It’s amazing how you can stay asleep at a moment like this, Byunghun.” Chanhee chuckled and noticed that Byunghun’s eyes were still wide open and a blush quickly spread across his cheeks. The rapper was handsome even if he wasn’t fully awake.

“This will just be my little secret.”

Leaning in closer, Chanhee quickly pressed a soft kiss to Byunghun’s lips. This wasn’t the first time they have kissed, but this was certainly the first time Chanhee kissed Byunghun while he was asleep.

Pulling away slightly, Chanhee smiled and slowly relaxed his body, letting himself fall back asleep.

There was no way he would tell Byunghun that this happened.

X

A few hours later at their Japanese fanmeeting, the host asked the members of Teen Top if they had felt the earthquake that had happened in the early morning.

Chanhee laughed as he listened to Minsoo say he didn’t even know that an earthquake happened. He was also surprised to hear that Niel couldn’t even feel the earthquake.

When it was his turn to answer, Chanhee pointed over at Byunghun who raised his eyebrows curiously.

“His eyes were wide open when I woke up! I thought he was awake!”

Byunghun tilted his head to the side and waved his hands around, feeling clueless.

“I don’t remember waking up last night.”

The fans all laughed at his reaction and Chanhee couldn’t help but smile at the rapper.

Byunghun would never find out about the stolen kiss and Chanhee was sure to keep it that way.

X

Just a short little one-shot that I’ve wanted to write for a while :  )

Look forward to an Insurrection and Ephemeral update soon as well!