chapter 1

Emptiness

Bitterness. It was the only thing keeping her alive, though most people dont consider her alive. She is basically dead to them, dead to everyone. Left abandoned due to the selfishness of others, not understanding her. The girl had empty eyes. No soul, no sparkle. One by one people left her and at first it was alright, but it happened one after the other as if it was a sick curse, karma as people call it. She wasnt close to being perfect at all, but she was someone who could give you two-hundred percent of everything. Someone who was always there, but left as a broken doll. 

She awoke from her slumber with a blank look. Perfectly normal day and a normal start, she lived a decent life. Nothing bad ever happened to her, but she was always alone. Staring at the wall blankly, she wondered why she was here. Why was she born. There was no point in spending too much time thinking about it, because she was already there. The living must continue living. As she pushed herself off the soft mattress, a small thud was heard under her feet. A little sigh escaped her lips as it was another morning with the same routine like any other day. It was edged into her brain since growing up, no way of escaping habits. While splashing her face with cold water, a sad smile played on her lips as small flashbacks seem to appear. It brought back memories of her talking to her ex-friends early in the morning. Of course they were a big part of her life, they were basically sisters to her. She trusted them, believed in them. Waking up into reality, she patted her face dry. It was all in the past, she was alone now. There was no escaping reality as it knocked the sense out of her. She realized it was too late to apologize for her wrongdoings. Apologizes dont change the past and doesnt take back all the hurt. 

Before she knew it, the time had already pass. Slipping into her flower-patterned backpack, she walked out of the back doors to her house. It was only natural for her, it was a habit of their family. She lived close to her high school she attended, about a 15-minute walking distance. Though, she despised school. It was the one place she dreaded most, because it simply was a place where she never belonged. She never fit in anywhere, simply closed off to the world. There were times she felt like pretending to be sick in order to get out of school. Putting a smile on her face, she pretended to be happy. Smiling was the only comfort to her, tricking her mind to think she was actually okay. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didnt. Regardless, she knew that the only person she could trust was herself. If you love something so much, one day it will leave you. People are like that. When they are done with you and want nothing more of you, they leave you. Like a used doll, unwanted and left with scars. Nobody knew what she was suffering from, nobody understood her. They always thought she was fine, when all along she was hurting. Nobody saw the tears she shed alone in the dark, and nobody knew the real her. Misunderstood was what she was. 

Sitting in the farthest corner, she began to sketch in her notebook. It was her own world she could escape to. People often only knew her because she could draw so well, but they didnt know how much effort it took for that pretty picture on white paper. Ten and more years worth into drawing made her able to do that. Even then, she is unable to be satisfied with her work. It lacked something, lacked emotion. Something she didnt understand. As soon as class started, she looked up to find a boy infront of her. Rude as ever, but gave her the softest look she had ever seen. His look in his eyes contradicted his actions, and she knew it well. She knew how people were like. Being alone, she watched people interact. He sighed heavily and sat next to her. "Are you always alone?" she heard him mutter under his breathe. "mm." was her response and she ducked away from him, only to lay her head on the desk. She wanted nothing to do with him, but he was one of the first people to talk to her without having a reason to. It confused her, just what did he want from her. There has to be a reason why. "from today onwards, youre not alone." It was then her head jolted upwards only to look at his face with a shocked expression. One of the softest smiles she has ever recieved, it threw her back. Just who was he, and why did he say that. Just maybe, she thought it was a one in a million chance to grasp onto a hand that was being held out.