BoGum's POV

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, the day ended it was time to go home.

I exited the school with my friends as we played and joked around.

 

I'm Park Bo Gum. 20 years old. People say I'm the coolest person they ever know but I still have a lot of issues with myself. I keep doubting myself but I just continue anyways. I dreamt to be a "cool" person when I was in high school. I was a kid in high school that praised the "cool kids".. When I reached college, I wanted to change and become more me but.. I was just pretending to be someone I am not..

 

While we were busy joking around, I felt a pressure on my feet. It didn't hurt but my shoes got dirty. "Eyy, what was that?" my friends complained. "Ah--" I moaned although it didn't hurt. "I-I'm sorry!" a girl spoke to me. "Aish!--" I was gonna complain but, this girl infront of me was bowing countless times. She never raised her head or look at me. "Whatever, it's ok." I said and continued to walk.

"Yah! Let's eat there." my friends randomly suggested. No one said yes but we went anyways.

We sat on some empty seats. "What should we eat?" they discussed to each other. "I'll go for ice-cream" I said and smiled. "Yah, those girls earlier." one of my friends whispered. I looked at the entrance and saw the girl earlier.

She had long black hair and porcelain white skin. When she glanced to my direction, I looked away. "Yah, that girl's kinda pretty." they punched my shoulders. "You shouldn't have went easy on her!" the joked. "Ey, the girl beside her is prettier." they debated. 

"Whatever.." I said and chuckled. "Wah, just expected from Park Bo Gum. This is why the ladies love you!" they laughed. She passed by me and I looked at her hair. I ignored her and laughed with the dudes. But before she could even take a seat, she left to the restroom.

I have limited relationships with girls. I don't know a lot of girls in other words. I got my heart fluttered when I was in elementary school but that was a pretty long time ago haha I don't have so much interest in girls. I don't even know if I actually know how to talk to them.

Everyone was so noisy and I wasn't really in the mood to have fun today. I stood up and decided to go to the restroom too. They don't even mind if I leave or not tsch. I passed by the female restroom when the door opened. I took a glance and it was her. She looked sick. I just brushed it off and went to the restroom.

 

I don't understand myself these days. Am I a happy person? a cool person? a quiet person? I don't know.. I can easily distinguish myself in the past but right now.. I don't know..

 

--

 

The following day. I felt a lot better. "Let's do this." I said to myself. I entered the school gate and some girls were giggling when they saw me. Of course it kinda made me feel confident, to be honest. While I continued walking with my chin up, I noticed that a a familiar figure was walking ahead of me. "Oh, it's her." I said to myself.

"Yah! Park Bo Gum!" I heard my friends from behind. I turned around and he was holding a soccer ball while pointing at something behind me. I turned around again and I immediately thought that he was pointing that girl. He was about to throw the ball but I ran and immediately caught it.

I chuckled and felt proud of my actions. mwahaha. "Oh Gomawo!" I said to him and he just laughed. I took a step back and purposely stepped on her feet. I quickly turned around.

She looked so fragile.. "Omo, I'm sorry!" I said. She was bitting her lower lip. I'm really sorry girl I had to. "I-It's ok.." she said with a fake smile.

"Oh you.." I said sounding like I just recognized her. When she saw my face she got startled. I found it cute tho. I prevented myself from chuckling so I bit my lip. "You stepped on me yesterday!" I said. "I.. I-I.." she was so flustered that I felt more sorry.

"Since you stepped on me yesterday, let's call it even haha call?" I immediately ended the conversation. "Ne.. Ne.." she nodded her head but I was too busy staring at her. I snapped out and pretended like I didn't hear her, "Why aren't you saying anything?" I asked. "Ne.. I get it." she said formally.

"Ok then.." I said with a smile. "You go on ahead." I said and opened my palm towards her. "Ne." she said bluntly and walked in a rush.

Haha.. that girl is so weird. I chuckled as I looked at her leaving.

 

"Oy, what was that?" my friend wrapped his arms around my neck. "Nothing. Don't bother her anymore or I'll kill you." I said playfully. "What? haha Do you like that girl?" he asked. "Like? I don't think so." I chuckled.

 

---

 

I never got to see that girl after that day. Maybe our paths never crossed. I didn't mind and just brushed it off..

But when the second semester came. I was really amazed..

 

I felt lazy to go to this minor class I enrolled because I expected it to not have a class on the first meeting. But when I reached the room, I was surprised to see the teacher standing inside the room. Shoot. I immediately entered and bowed. Some girls, again, giggled. "Am I really that good-looking?" I thought.. hahaha

"Oh, Why'd you only arrive now?" the teacher asked me. "I'm sorry sir." I bowed. "What's your name?" he asked. "Park Bo Gum." I said as I tried to keep my cool with a smile. "Don't be late next time." my teacher patted my back.

There were a lot of empty seats but the girl sleeping caught my attention. I observed her face and immediately recognized her. "Daebak." I laughed at myself. "We met again." I said to myself and sat beside her. I observed her face sleeping and suddenly my heart raced.

Is my heart getting fluttered again? With this girl??

I looked away and took a deep breath. What the hell?.. I took another look at her and my eyes were glued.

I tried to touch her face but the teacher called my attention. "Park Bo Gum-ssi, don't mess with someone who is sleeping." he playfully said. "Ne?" I raised my head while everyone in the classroom laughed. I chuckled and looked back at the girl again. "It's funny how we met again this way." I chuckled and continued to stare at her face.

"Class dismissed." the teacher said. I fixed my stuffs when the girl's head started to rise. "You're finally awake." I said to her. I wonder if she still recognizes me. "You really look like you were in a deep sleep." I chuckled. "I remember you! haha Do you remember me?" I asked and looked straight to her eyes. She looked uneasy and pushed her face away from me. "I'll introduce myself then." I said,

"My name's Park Bo Gum." I smiled and offered my hand. She looked flustered for a while but then, "Ah! I-I'm--" before she could say anything, I took her hand. "that was supposed to mean that my hand needed a hand shake." I said and shook her hands. "O-Of course.." she stuttered. "Bae Joo Hyun." she finally said her name. "That's a pretty.." I smiled. "Ne?.." she took her hands from me. Did that make her uncomfortable? kkkkk

"Hahaha! Look at your face. You were surprised right?" I laughed and she didn't like my joke. "I looked like I was trying to flirt but really I was just messing with you.." I chuckled. She stood up looking furious. "Eyy, I'm sorry! I only did that completely wake you up." I chuckled but she still pouted. I stood up with her and tapped her head. "You should talk more." I said. "I'll go ahead first." I said and walked towards the door still facing her. "Don't even dare to sleep again!" I chuckled and left.

When I left the room, I took a deep sigh. My heart kept racing. When I talked to her.. I wasn't the cool guy or the happy guy or the quiet guy.. I was just me.. maybe because she doesn't really know me yet so I felt free..

 

--

 

Now, every time we met during this class, I kept talking to her although she doesn't. I wanted her to open up and I got this urging feeling to know more about her. She looks prettier if she's smiling so I always tried to make her laugh. I would also ask some question even though I understood the lesson in class. Well, instead, I taught her stuffs she didn't understand. haha..

"Annyeong. I'll go on ahead." I tapped her head as a goodbye gesture. I have a class at exactly 3 PM so I had to leave. I took another glance at her and she was carrying her bag and was smiling. My heart skipped a beat and thought, "Did she like that?" o.o

-

 

At home. "Hyung! Where's my glasses?" I asked my brother who was in the living room. "Why would I use your glasses?" he complained. "Hyung! You always use it every time you take pictures of yourself!" I went outside my room. "I do not!" he exclaimed. "Where's your phone then?" I asked. "Arasseo! Arasseo!" he stood up from the sofa. "I forgot where it is.." he said and took his phone from his pocket. He showed me his picture with my glasses T_T "Ah I left it in my room." he said.

"Arasseo." I was about to leave when he grabbed my arms. "Oy, look at this." he said. "Ah waaae~" I moaned. "This girl. I've been dating her for a month now." he said. "So?" I raised my eyebrows. "Do you even date?" he asked me. "Who cares?" I complained. "Well, I finally held her hand and it felt like.." he said and he raised his face up. "That feeling.." he said and raised his hand.

"Ah hyung!" I complained. "Ey, You'll never know that feeling!" he said and rubbed his hands on my cheeks. "Aish, you sound gross!" I said and walked away. "You don't have a girl so you won't know~" he sang. He is sooo childish. T_T I went to his room and searched for my glasses.

"I'm home." I heard my father's voice and I sighed.

--

 

The following day.

On my way to class, I spotted JooHyun. 

You don't have a girl so you won't know~

My brother's voice echoed in my head. URGH! She's a girl! T_T

I walked towards her and she spotted me. "Annyeong." I smiled at her. "Oh, Annyeong." she replied. When I got near her, I slid my hands through hers and grabbed it. My heart started beating fast. I'm crazy. I must have gone crazy. Why did I hold her hand?

"W-wah, s-so it feels like this.." I stuttered but I tried to hide it. Holding her hand, made me want to hold it a bit longer.. "W-why, w-what's with my hand?" she asked. "My brother kept bragging about how he finally held her girlfriend’s hand." I explained. "He also teased me about how I don’t have a girlfriend Tsch." I smirked at my own actions. "S-so.. y-you.. held mine?.." she stuttered. I looked at her and said, "Well, Since you’re a girl.." 

I snapped out of my stupid self and, "I-I don’t get it.. What’s so special about it. Tsch." I brushed her hands off mine. She was gazing at her own hands for a few seconds. She must have felt uneasy.. To lighten up the atmosphere, "Pfft." I pointed at her face. "What's with your face?" I chuckled. "Eh?" She made a jump as she touched her cheeks. "I-I was just surprised!" she said. "Haha don't mind it." I tapped her back and walked ahead. Ugh. I'm so stupid for doing that.

 

Class was dismissed and it was time to leave.

I reached the door but then paused when I received a message from my mom. "BoGum-ah. Hurry home." I sighed. "Arasseo." I replied

I turned around and observed JooHyun. She was busy fixing her stuffs. Why does she always look so fragile?

I rested my back on the side of the door and said, “Hurry~”

She raised her head and asked, “Don’t you have a class?”

“It was cancelled. You?” I lied. I was feeling down when I received my mom's message. “I have a class later at 4..” she said. “We still have an hour then.” I chuckled. JooHyun-ah, you have one hour.. please cheer me up..

“Yeah..” she said. “What do you do while waiting for that class?” I asked. “I look for my friends.” she said. “Oh right.. Where are they?” I asked.

 

“They have a class?”

I dropped my jaw. We stood outside the classroom her friends were in. “It looks like it.” she chuckled. “You actually wait for them? For an hour?” I was in doubt. For me, I don't really like waiting. I need to do something while waiting. “Yup. What’s wrong with that?” she asked. 

“I mean. What would you do while waiting then?” I asked. “Listen to music..” she said and she raised her eyebrows. The last time I listened to music religiously was in high school.

“That’s boring.” I stuck out my tongue. “It’s not!” she said and slightly punched my arms. “I’m just kidding.” I chuckled. “It’s just.. I don’t like to be alone..” I added. I raised my eyebrows and looked at her.

While waiting, we sat on the floor. She took out some stuffs in her bag. “You really love to be alone huh?” I asked before she could wear the earphone. “Eh?.. I guess? Sometimes..” she chuckled. “But.. I don’t actually love it..” she smiled. “I actually hate it sometimes..” she added. “Huh?” I was confused.

"If I go around the school by myself, I’d be walking alone and I don’t like that feeling. I actually rely on people too much but sometimes, I just really need some time alone to think..” she chuckled. “Ah.. I kind of get your point.” I smirked and gazed at her face. She looked like she was thinking so deep.

She wore one earphone on her ear. Before she could wear the other earphone, "That was the longest sentence you have spoken to me." I chuckled as I grabbed her wrist. It's been a while. I should listen to music again. She got startled and looked at me.

“I’ll take one.” He smiled. “Oh..” She said softly and I took the earphone from her hand. I placed it in my ear and listened. It was a happy song. I thought she'd be listening something ballad haha. I smiled as I closed my eyes.

 

When I heard a shutter sound. I woke up from my sleep.

One of JooHyun's friends took our picture.

“JooHyun-ssi~” The girl with short hair went down on her knees. “BoGum-ssi, how long were you two asleep?” The girl with long blonde hair chuckled.
I wasn't fully conscious so I was having a hard time comprehending the situation, I slowly looked to my side and saw JooHyun sleeping while resting her head on my shoulders. As I observed her face, my heart raced. It was then I snapped out from my lethargic self.

JooHyun woke up and noticed that she was so close to me. She made a jump, “Omo!” she gasped and backed away. “I-I’m sorry!” she said.

I immediately stood up. “Hahahaha!” I laughed to erased the awkwardness I was feeling, “I-it’s ok. Oh! I-I should go.” I said and quickly walked away. “Oy! BoGum-ssi! Take responsibility of her!” One of her friends called out to me.

 

---

 

I arrived at my house's gate and my face was flushing red.

"YAH! YOU CRAZY ****!!" I heard my mom scream. I snapped out of my feelings and immediately ran inside the house.

I breathed heavily as I went inside. There were a lot of glasses that were broken on the floor. My mom was crying and kept shouting, "How could you do this to us?!" 

My father was standing by the kitchen counter and stayed silent. "YAH!!" my mom grabbed our family picture from the shelf and I immediately ran towards her. "Eomma!!" I shouted and grabbed her arms. "Don't." I said as my voice cracked. She soften up and looked up at me, "B-BoGum-ah.." she stuttered. I was having a hard time breathing. I raised my head to look at my father. "A-Appa.. w-what's going on?" I asked although I already have a hint of what's going on.

"I'm signing a divorce." he said without even looking at my face. My eyes got watery but all I felt was anger. I breathed heavily and walked towards my father furiously. "How can you do this to mom oh?!" I grabbed my father's collar. "Y-You call yourself a man?!" I shouted. "B-BoGum-ah, stop it." my mom grabbed my arms but I kept holding unto my father's collar. "Do you even care about us?!" I shouted. "BoGum-ah!" my mom cried.

I slowly let go of my father and took a deep breath. I was feeling uneasy. I didn't know what to do. I looked at my mom and she was crying her heart out while she sat on the floor. I looked at my father and his clothes were messy, still avoiding eye contact with us.

I immediately left the house. I met my brother at the door but I ignored him.

 

I walked around the city as I tried to hold my tears back with a furious face.

I ignored everyone and I kept bumping unto them. I know this was gonna happen but.. I didn't expect it to happen this fast..

When bumped into a girl, "Yah, watch where you are going!" her boyfriend pushed my chest. I smirked and glared at him. "Yah! Lower your eyes!" he shouted. I grabbed one of his collar and said, "Don't act as if you can take responsibility of her." I was full of anger. "Bwo?!" he shouted and threw a punch at me. "AH!!" her girlfriend shrieked.

I rubbed my lips and glared at him. We threw punches at each other. I was throwing my anger at this guy. I gave all my strength but I was still wounded. 

I heard some police coming but I continued to punch him although he stopped. "YAH! Stop right there!" the police arrived.

 

-

 

I was inside the police station. "I told you! I didn't start it!" the guy shouted. Although I had a lot of wounds and bruise all over me, I felt numb. I was just staring at the air. "But who threw the first punch?" the police asked. The guy went quiet. "Heh, It was you?" the police smirked. The guy pouted. At least he doesn't know how to lie. "Oy. Student." the police called my attention but I ignored him.

"Next time don't cause a ruckus just because your angry." the police said. "Are you just gonna let him off?!" the guy shouted. "Yah. Student! You should look at the person talking to you!" the police shouted. I slowly look at him but my eyes were glaring. "Whatever you are going through right now! It is not right to involve other people who has nothing to do with it!" he shouted and kicked my seat.

 

-

 

For a few weeks, I skipped school. I stayed in my room and slept.

"BoGum-ah, aren't you going to eat?" my mom knocked at my door. I covered myself with a blanket. Suddenly, JooHyun's laugh echoed in my head. I wonder how she's doing now.. 

"Oy. Dongsaeng. Get out of there. I fixed your glasses. I'm sorry I broke it the other day." my brother knocked. Why isn't he affected with this?

I decided to leave the house for a while, "Oh, BoGum-ah! Where are you going?" my mother followed me as I exited the house.

 

I walked around the city and listened to music. I downloaded the song JooHyun played last time. Hoping it could cheer me up since it was a happy song. "BoGum-ah." someone called me. I looked up and saw my cousin. "Wah. It's been a while since I've last seen you. You still look the same." she chuckled. I last saw her... When I was in high school. Ha. So I looked this down when I was younger?

"I heard." she said.

We were at the park riding the swings. I didn't wanna look so pitiful, "Don't talk about it." I said. "A-Arasseo." she said.

"But. BoGum-ah." she started. "I'm older than you." I said and she sighed. "Oppa, I know you are going through something difficult right now but don't forget the people who are worried about you.." she said while swinging. "Be strong. Fighting!" she raised her fist. "Is that girl worried about me too?" I asked myself and smirked. "Who?" she asked. "Nothing." I said. "Who? Who? Eyyy~ I'm curious!" she said and kept poking me. "It's a girl you like, right? Am I right? I'm right!" she laughed. "What's her name?" she asked and looked at me earnestly. "Bae Joo Hyun.." I smirked. "Aigoo~ I want to meet her! Some girl moved my oppa's heart! Omo~" she laughed. "Aish, shut up!" I stood up and started walking.

"Eyy, don't be like that!" she shouted but I continued walking. "She's worried too!" she shouted again and I paused to look back at her. "I'm sure she's worried of you too." she smiled and I raised my eyebrows. "That's why you should cheer up!" she shouted.

 

As I walked home, I checked my phone. "BoGum-ssi, are you ok?" JooHyun texted me. "You are ok right? Just text something. Let me know you're still alive kkk." I chuckled at that message. "BoGum-ssssiii~" another text.

 

--

 

I arrived at home. "BoGum-ah! I cooked your favorite dish! Come here!" my mom smiled when she saw me. Then I realized, my mom was the one making an effo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter