Final

Glittery Purple Tie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I made this for you, daddy.” Her little hands bring out the piece of cloth from behind her back, as she shows her creation.

 

It was a clear day, a blue sky with fluffy clouds and a warm September breeze with birds flying outside the hospital windows. A landscape to die for, buildings and high rises outside the window creating an almost surreal feeling. It was so close to one building, where if you looked hard enough, you could see the men and women working there.

 

“It’s beautiful, honey.” Yoongi takes the tie and looks at it with adoration. “Did you make it?” He quickly takes a glance at the beaming child and smiles a little wider.

 

“Yep, she made it just for you.” Another man appears from the door on the far side of the room. “She spent all day yesterday making it.”

 

Yoongi looks at the man as his gaze softens and a pleasant smile stretches across his face.

“Jimin.” He walks over and hugs the red-haired man, squeezing tight when he feels the other’s chuckle vibrate against his chest. Taking a second to pull back and peck the other’s check, Yoongi turns to look at the impatient young girl. “So, you made this?” He asks, crouching down onto one knee to look the girl in the eye. “My, it’s very pretty. Tell me how you made it.”

 

Yoongi listens intently as she explains how the glitter was easy to put on, but the glue got all over her hands and shirt, and how the nurses sneaked in some fabric for her. His smile widens as she tells how one of the male nurses thought the tie was for him, but when she responded with a ‘You aren’t my daddy’ a small chuckle escapes Yoongi and Jimin’s mouth. The child keeps telling Yoongi over and over how hard she worked on it and how she wanted him to keep it on for the rest of his life.

 

“Yongjin-ah, I can’t keep it on for the rest of my life, but how about this,” Yoongi taps his chin in pretend thinking and over exaggerates when he opens his mouth and eyes widely, pointing a finger up to the sky. “Ah! How about I wear it all week,” he sits down and pulls Yongjin onto his lap “and then, I will wear it once every week after that, okay?” He takes the girls hands and plays with her fingers until she replies “Okay, daddy. But, you have to promise.” She holds up her pinkie “And you also have to promise that when you come back today to get me, you’ll still be wearing it.” Yoongi nods and pinkie swears that he’ll still be wearing it.

“Yep, I promise. I’ll still be wearing it.”

“When you come back?”

“When I come back.”

 

 

_-_-_-_-_

 

 

 

“Have a fun time at work, hyung.” Jimin straightens the sparkly purple tie as he gives his husband a quick kiss. “And don’t be late, you know Yongjin hates it when you’re late.” Jimin looks up into his husband’s eyes. “Please don’t be late.” The strain in Jimin’s voice makes Yoongi wince a little.

 

“Jimin-ah, don’t worry.” He ruffles the others hair. “And besides, you know that you can just look out the window and you’ll see me there.” He places a quick peck on Jimin’s forehead. “Bye, love you.” He coos, blowing a kiss to his spouse. Jimin scoffs and mutters an ‘I love you, too’ under his breath as Yoongi enters the elevator and gives him one of his famous gummy smiles.

 

Jimin walks back into the room with Yongjin near the window. He sighs as he walks over to the girl, who was staring intently into the building across from the hospital.

“Yongjin, what are you looking at?” He asks, already knowing the answer.

“I’m waiting for daddy. He always looks at me through the window and blows me a kiss, and then I blow him a kiss.” She says simply, eyes still glued on to the building. They wait for about 10 minutes, and Yongjin quickly jumps up with a squeal as she spots a man with blonde hair.

“Dad, look! Daddy is waving!” She jumps up and down, fist curled in Jimin’s pressed white shirt. He looks through the window, and sure enough, Yoongi is enthusiastically waving in their direction. Jimin smirks as Yoongi gives his ever-so-famous kiss and Yongjin returns it, making all three of them laugh.

“Miss Yongjin, your medicine is here.” A soft knock accompanies the quiet voice and Yongjin skips over to the door, throwing it open to reveal the nurse. “Are there gummies?” She asks, hand hovering over the handle, prepared to close the door if the answer is something she doesn’t like.

“Of course, Yongjin-ah.” The nurse gives a small smile, as she takes two cups from her tray filled with many different cups. Yongjin peers inside the cup in her left hand, it was filled with pills of different sizes, which made her gag at the thought of swallowing it all. She then peered into the second cup, where an arrangement of gummies were placed and she quickly took the cup and ran to the far side of the room.

“Gummies!” She yelled, holding the cup above her head.

“Yongie, you need to take your medicine before you have the gummies, remember?” Jimin walks over the pounting Yongjin.

“Yes…” she mumbles, handing over the soft treats for the array of pills.

 

Jimin walks over to the nurse, with a worried look.

“There are more pills than last time, I thought she was getting better?” He asked harshly, a small amount of sip flying out his mouth.

“I’m sorry, sir, we’re doing the best we can-“

“Do it better.” Jimin snarls, turning away from the frightened nurse and walking over to Yongjin who was happily chewing on the gummies. “Do you want to go outside, Yongjin?” He asks, holding out his hand and Yongjin happily places her tiny hand in his palm.

“Mhmm.” She nodded, holding her chin up high as the father and daughter left the room.

 

 

_-_-_-_-_

 

 

“Wow hyung, looking good.” A cheerful male slides his way into Yoongi’s cubical, making Yoongi close his eyes and take in a measured breath.

“Hoseok, I do not-” He started, only to be cut off by another male bursting into the small space.

“I’ll hold you down, I’m on my way~~” He sings, taking Yoongi and Hoseok by surprise.

“Jungkook, can you stop singing that damn song?” Another voice appears, this one a bit huskier.

“Namjoonie~” Hoseok wraps his arms around Namjoon’s torso. “Your birthday is tomorrow, happy early birthday!” Hoseok lets go and gives everyone a wink.

“Oh, really?” Jungkook looks at the elder. “All of you guys are so old.”

“Hey, I am not-”

“Can you guys please leave?” Yoongi interrupts their bickering as he gives each of them a glare. “I need to finish my work quickly so I can get back to Yongjin on time.” He looks at them as their facial expressions soften.

“Yeah, of course hyung.” Jungkook says, bowing and going over to his cubical.

“Hyung, keep it up.” Namjoon pats him on the back as he gives Yoongi a reassuring smile. A few seconds pass as Hoseok and Yoongi have a staring contest.

“Well?” Yoongi prompts, hoping Hoseok will get the message.

“Hyung, did Yongjin make that for you?” He points

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter