Aftermath

Begin Again

Namsoon woke up early today, normally he would be sleeping till noon but he had accidentally put alarm on his new phone. And well…he is still trying to figure out how to turn it off. He turned away from morning light filtering through soft blue curtains.

‘Sleep..sleep Namsoon-ah sleep more.’

See he believes that all the sleep lost in highschool and time apart from Heungsoo should be made now. Especially, the sweet sleep he gets from happiness of finally being together with Heungsoo. I mean having him back in his life!

‘Aish you…what are you thinking brain! I should just get up now’

Namsoon shook his thoughts away sighing sitting up rubbing his eyes. He shivered as his feet touched the cold floor before he broke out in a run towards the bathroom.They had chosen this apartment not just because rent was manageable but also because the bathroom was so modern. Everything was creamy beige except for tiles being pale teal green and walls being shades of light coffee brown colour. There was huge window behind the large tub with an amazing view of small woods park. There was separate shower stand on the right and on the left two sinks with large mirror between two small mirrors. There were lights around all three mirrors. 

'Heh I feel like a model...' He catwalked towards the mirrors watching his reflection before opening one of the cupboards for his towel and new bodywash.

He won’t be second one today. He woke up early so he might as well enjoy his bath in peace. His delicious bath time. Yes, delicious. He was intrigued when he saw in his samples he was given cardamom mint body wash. It can be used as bath and it sounds delicious right?

"Ah~ it smells so good." Namsoon murmured as he prepared his hot bath spreading out the bubbles. He looked out the huge window half covered in tiny snowflakes crystal he leaned over the tub to look outside. 

"Whoa~ It really looks like snowy wasteland or I guess I should say wonderland."

 

After a long peaceful bath, he entered kitchen while rubbing his head not seeing where he was heading. He banged his knee on the chair before stumbling forward over the chair.

“Oh that hurt like a !!” Namsoon was groaning his hair falling over his eyes as he looked at damages. Only his knee was aching but nothing major.

“Yah Heungsoo why didn—“ Namsoon looked around and didn’t see Heungsoo. Normally he pull him away from harm’s way or impending collision when he isn't looking. He got up nursing his slight bruised knee walking away grumbling and this time watching his way…

“Stupid sleeping Heungsoo. Stupid chair. You are lucky that Heungsoo wasn’t there to foil your plans of hurting me! ….Aish…its only 8:30 in the morning and I am already talking to objects…Heungsoo ah! Stupid sleeping annoying princess.”

Namsoon wondered where he was, usually he is up before him. He decided to start on breakfast while waiting for Heungsoo to come out of his room. He was looking through their grocery bags when he heard a sound from Heungsoo’s room.

“Oh he must be up now. Ah! Found you.” Namsoon muttered to himself before smiling brilliantly grabbing pancake mix.

“Today is such a good day. Warm pancake with hot cocoa on this cold morning. And I smell good.” Namsoon was grinning happily and started making pancakes for both himself and Heungsoo so when he comes they can have it together. He had everything ready with hot cocoa brewing ready for this cold morning.

It’s been an hour and still no show of Heungsoo. Namsoon walked up to his door sticking close to it with his ear against the door trying to listen for a sound…any sound to ease his uneasiness.

“Wait…what am I doing? I can just enter!!”

Namsoon smacked his head before barging through the door as if he wasn’t trying to be sneaky before.

“Wake up! Wake up!! Wake up!!! WAKE UP YOU BUMBLING BUFFO--

Before Namsoon could complete his sentence he was smacked in the face dead on with a pillow.

“YAH! That actually hurt.” Namsoon gave a faked pained expression looking at the direction where pillow had flown at him.

“Oh but did you die?” Heungsoo replied half smiling before turning away.

“Aiish! Seriously??” Namsoon closed the door behind him before taking long strides towards the bed jumping on it and climbing under the blanket.

Heungsoo didn’t even stir or give space to him. He ignored him and sighed sleepily. What he didn’t know that Namsoon didn’t have patience to be ignored this morning. He didn’t even expect that Namsoon would put his cold hand under his shirt.

“Yah!! You bastard! get away from me.” Heungsoo moved away to the edge of the bed escaping cold hands.

Namsoon stifled his giggle, “What the brave Heungsoo warrior is scared of the cold? Poor bastard”

“You wanna die for real?” Heungsoo turned towards him sniffling.

Namsoon looked at sleepy Heungsoo glaring at him. He looked adorable…looked cute even with his messy hair, teary eyes, slightly red nose, coughing lips…wait coughing lips? teary eyes? 

“Heungsoo-ah are you sick??” Namsoon rubbed his hands together before putting his wrist against Heungsoo’s forehead.

“Yah! You are at fault of th-*sneezes repeatedly*-issh. Oh my life.”

“Holy you are sick. You are burning. Just how am I at fault??” Namsoon got off the bed, searching for cold medicine or cough syrup. He put the thermometer in his mouth giving a stern look warning him not to take it out.

“Just because.”

“What do you mean just because? I was the one who ate the ice-cream outside in the freezing cold. I opened the car window. I was behind sneezing child. I was in the elevator with that gross man who coughed in my very personal space.”

Heungsoo rolled his eyes before he groaned loudly, “yah it is your fault. I promised you that I would always protect you. Shut your nuisances, it even hurts to roll my eyes at you.”

“Pfft! You promised to protect me from ruining my life and ending up in jail, not from being sick. Weak , just proves that my immunity is stronger.”

*beep* *beep* *beep*

“Childish punk assed bunny faced pest--”

“Shut up.” Namsoon took out the beeping thermometer and poured bitter liquid down his throat before he could utter another word.

“Now some get rest. That should ease your throat from coughing your lung out. I will get you warm ginger tea and ginseng chicken soup. We need to break your fever before it gets worse.” Namsoon checked the temperature before taking out his phone typing in it.

“Ordering the ginseng chicken soup?? You lazy bastard…” Heungsoo grumbled earning him a swift hit on the head with his own pillow.

“Yah! I have a migraine…is this any way to behave with a sick person?!!?” Heungsoo yelled at retreating back of Namsoon before snuggling under his blanket.

“Idiot…” Namsoon didn’t want to show it but he was worried when he left his room to make tea. He was googling every little symptom he noted. He frowned at list of diagnosis.

‘Okay that’s wrong. He doesn’t have lung cancer. Omg what if he does? He used to smoke! Namsoon…you are being paranoid. He just has a common cold. Or maybe it is bronchitis! Omo omo I should take him to doctor!’

Namsoon smacked his head tossing his phone away and quickly started preparing food that will make his best friend feel better. He smiled to himself after tasting chicken soup.

‘I will take good care of you Heungsoo ah, wait for me.’

When Namsoon came back in the room with chicken soup and tea with cold and flu medicine, he saw Heungsoo tossing and turning on his bed. He put tray of food on the desk before moving towards the bed and leaning over him softly touching his cheek. He frowned feeling the burning skin as he brushed his hair away from his face.

“Heungsoo-ah what is wrong? Maybe I should take you to the doctor…”

“Hmm? Namsoon ah? I don’t know. I am itchy and my chest hurts.” Heungsoo didn’t even open his eyes and leaned into the cool touch of his hand. It felt so nice…

“Did you put on ointment? lotion?”

“Not yet”

“How are you going to get better, stupid idiot?”

“I am too lazy” Heungsoo replied with his eyes still closed. He frowned when he lost Namsoon’s touch and unconsciously moved towards it sighing.

“Yah! Wake up and put it on!” Namsoon suddenly attacked Heungsoo shaking him violently. He forgot his patience doesn’t work with Heungsoo...sick or not.

“No. Don’t wanna” Heungsoo still hadn’t open his eyes and pouted turning away from the touch.

“Come on, wake up!” Namsoon groaned loudly successfully pulled him up in sitting position.

‘The nerve of this boy. He still hasn’t opened his eyes to me…fine let’s see how long you keep your eyes closed.’

Namsoon thought as he quickly sat behind him before he fell back to sleep.

“Yah don’t lean back on me. Don’t even touch me, you sick bastard!” Namsoon kept pushing him forward with his legs and hands.

“Do it for me.”

“What?!” Namsoon had stopped moving freezing on the spot.

“It’s your damn body. You take care of it!”

Heungsoo ignored him and started to lay back down shivering groaning as he rubbed his own chest.

“Yah! Fine I will do it. Where are you itchy?” Namsoon pushed Heungsoo back away from leaning on him.

Heungsoo looked back smiling. He took his shirt off showing his hard muscles and broad shoulders, "Back for starters."

Namsoon kept staring at the half him before him. He felt his face turning hot and was glad that at the moment Heungsoo couldn’t see him. He cleared his throat grabbing lotion from the night stand.

“Jeez you keep itching your dry skin. Give me your back”

Heungsoo straighten moving his hands back near Namsoon’s knees and leaned back humming in response still half asleep.

Namsoon pour aloe moisturizer in his hand and dabbed with one finger over his back when Heunghsoo suddenly sneezed leaning forward accidently getting scratched.

“Oww! That hurt. Can’t you be gentle?” Heungsoo moved away from his reach

“Ah! So damn annoying. I will show you gentle!”

Namsoon poured more moisturizer. He rubbed the moisturizer down Heungsoo’s back rubbing his thumb over the place he accidently scratched. He smiled as he slowly started moving his hands down towards his hips dragging his fingertips across hot skin.

‘Why does this makes me feel restless?’ Namsoon thought as he felt Heungsoo's soft skin beneath his fingertips biting his bottom lip in wonder before shaking his thoughts clear.

He reached his hips ready to go back up his spine before he smiled evilly. He s his hands over Heungsoo’s sides and poked him at sensitive spot making him jump.

“Yah! Stop that!” Heungsoo tried to lurch away laughing but Namsoon had a hold on him tickling him all over.

Heungsoo struggled between his giggles to get away before glomping on top of Namsoon to tickle him back. Namsoon laughed before kicking him away gently pulling him down on the bed and climbing on top of his back.

Heungsoo was faced down breathless, “You sure are gentle with a sick person.”

“Why thank you!” Namsoon replied happily smiling as he noticed Heungsoon roll his eyes at him.

“Okay, stop moving. Let me finish rubbing lotion on your back.” Namsoon said watching his back moving up and down rhythmically to his breathing. He leaned forward placing his hands softly over his feeling tense muscles with his fingertips.

He finished slowly rubbing lotion all over his back outlining his spine and giving a small back massage. He smirked feeling Heungsoo moaned under his touched. He bit his lips while touching the long scratched he made earlier.

Namsoon cleared his throat patting his back and getting off of him. “There. Done. Now eat the soup before it gets cold. I worked hard on it, you know.”

Heungsoo groaned.

“Feed me.”

“What?!”

“Feed me. So I can sleep.” Heungsoo pouted looking back up at him from under his eyelashes.

“O….o-okay.” Namsoon was wondering where the heck did he learned that face. Must be the effect being sick.

Heungsoo grinned childishly sitting up with his mouth open.

“Aaah!~”

“Aigoo Heungsoo ah is so adorable. Not a trace of smartass punk in sight” Namsoon cursed him as he grabbed hot soup and sat back on the bed. He started feeding him spoonful of soup after blowing on it.

“Is it delicious??” Namsoon asked smiling as he fed him.

“Mmm...delicious!” Heungsoo grinned his eyes sparkling.

“Aigoo aigoo Heungsoo is so cute when he is sick. Get sick more often.” Namsoon laughed patting Heungsoo’s head watching him chew on the chicken.

Heungsoo stucked his tongue out. “Bastard keep feeding me.”

“Yeah yeah, aiiish I spoke too soon.” Namsoon smiled while kept feeding him.

Heungsoo laid back in his bed happy to be on full stomach closing his eyes again and breathing deeply.

“Namsoon ah…thank you.”

“Aigoo cute Heungsoo knows the word thank you…”

“You wanna die?”

“Hehe…get back up. You need to take meds for your fever.” Namsoon said chuckling as he grabbed meds and glass of water.

“No I don’t wanna.” Heungsoo was glaring at him.

“Yah! Don’t make me tickle you.” Namsoon looked at him pointedly

“Try me you bastard!” Heungsoo growled at him

“I warned you.”

Namsoon advanced towards Heungsoo raising his hands teasingly before Heungsoo lunged forward grabbing his hands and pulling him into the bed hugging him close.

“Yah! You bastard! That’s cheating. And take your fever meds!” Namsoon yelled struggling trying to wiggle away from his hold

Heungsoo growled leaning over Namsoon quickly grabbing meds and drinking water.

“There. I ate it.”

“Let me go.”

“No”

“Yah!”

“Shut up. I am cold and you are warm. And you smell so good, and somehow I breathe easier.” Heungsoo grumbled holding him closer resting his head on top of Namsoon’s head. He sighs breathing in Namsoon’s warm scent.

‘Mint? Spice? Heavenly.’ Heungsoo thought closing his eyes and wrapping his arms around Namsoon tighter holding him close brushing his lips in his soft hair breathing in.

Namsoon eyes widen as he blushed at those words. He smiled when he felt Heungsoo completely relaxed and evenly breathing.

“You selfish bastard.”

Heungsoo had pulled him closer not letting go of him even when he changed position in his sleep. Namsoon closed his eyes wrapping his arm around Heungsoo’s shivering body soothingly rubbing his back in circles. He didn’t realize but he fell asleep in Heungsoo’s arms.

He admitted earlier that he sleeps better now that Heungsoo is back in his life. But he never imagined that he would sleep best when in Heungsoo’s arms.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Omggg! Thank you for upvoting! And thank you so much for subscribing. And and...thank you so very much for lovely comments! I feel so happy when I read them. They honestly encouraged me to come back and write despite demanding school and work schedule. You guys complimenting my writing...>/////////<

Ah!~ I really feel so thankful and touched T___T. I am so glad that this was well received. I will try my best to update as often as I can with all the pressures of school. 

Hope you guys like this new update. :D