I'd Lie

I'd Lie

The dancer pulled a face as his eyes found themselves glued on the pale boy in front of him.

And I count the colours in his eyes

Why is it that whenever he looks around, his eyes always lands on that ashen faced, mysterious, irresistible, blue-eyed Leader?

Suhoon coughed awkwardly as he found those chocolate brown eyes on him. “Yah...” he murmured softly. “Will you stop staring?” he added, his lips curling in the corner, his voice filled with amusement.

Hyunchul found himself blushing while the Leader smiled at the cute act.

“Okay... you’re the one doing it now...” Hyunchul mumbled, as he felt a pair of scorching azure eyes on him, his own settling on the dull navy carpet of the car that doesn’t even compare to the ones that tried to bore holes on top of his head.

“Hyunchul?”

“Hmm?”

“H-have you thought of getting a girlfriend?”

“Eh?!”

Suhoon chuckled as the dancer’s head snapped immediately to face him. “Just curious,” he said,
smiling.

Hyunchul raised his eyebrows, grinning. “Why? Have you?”

There was silence as the Leader observed his fellow member, noting the way the dancer tried to smile playfully, yet those brown orbs told a different story. Suhoon scoffed into the silent car, his eyes absent-mindedly travelling towards the opaque window.

“No...” he whispered, lips slightly twisting into a smile, eyes staring thoughtfully towards the empty parking lot outside the glass window. “Girls are too complicated for me...” he murmured, running a slender finger through his ebony hair.

He'd never fall in love
He swears, as he runs his fingers through his hair


He suddenly turned to Hyunchul, only to see those golden-brown eyes already gazing back at him.

“Love is complicated...” Suhoon murmured. “I don’t think I’ll ever feel it...”

Hyunchul had to disagree, Love, to him wasn’t complicated. He felt love.

Whenever he looked at his blue-eyed Leader...

He offered a soft chuckle at the sudden confession. It seemed like the Leader was always comfortable discussing these kinds of things with him. Hyunchul could say that... he knew the Leader more than he knew himself.

I'm laughing 'cause I hope he's wrong

“Hyunchul... can I ask you something?”

The dancer nodded in reply, a thoughtful look crossing his pale features.

“How does it feel to love?” the question came out as an inaudible murmur as the Leader turned back to the window.

He never noticed how Hyunchul looked down and a gentle smile slowly spearing on his pale lips. The dancer sighed.

“Being in love…” Hyunchul started, his auburn eyes becoming unfocused as a soft smile played across his lips. “-is like falling and never wishing to stop, it’s like the person is your everything,” Hyunchul’s soft voice hummed against the still silence.

He looks around the room
Innocently overlooks the truth
Shouldn't a light go on
Doesn't he know that I've had him memorized for so long


Suhoon turned around, sapphire eyes concentrated at the boy in front of him.

“To me, when someone is in love, the sun doesn’t shine, the stars doesn’t shimmer, the moon doesn’t glow... until you see that person’s face,” Hyunchul smiled at how cheesy his words sounded, he didn’t notice the Leader smiling softly towards him. “Being in love is when you give someone your heart and trust them with every fibre of your being not to break it…”

And if you ask me if I love him..
I'd lie


Hyunchul took a deep breath and his gaze drifted upwards to stare at Suhoon, but found those cerulean eyes already focused on his. The dancer swallowed.

“Hyunchul...”

My God, if I could only say
I'm holding every breath for you


Suhoon looked directly at the wide-eyed dancer. “Hyunchul... I think I just figured out love,”

There was silence as Hyunchul processed his words, then the dancer frowned and tilted his head slightly in confusion. “Sorry?”

Suhoon sighed, running a slim finger on his jet-black hair yet again. It became a habit of his.

Love is complicated. The Leader concluded as his eyes landed on the confused dancer, head still tilted to the side.

Suhoon couldn’t help but smile at how cute Hyunchul looked right now tilting his head like that and furrowing his eyebrows puzzlement. “Hyunchul... I would have thought you knew me already, what with all the random things we talk about...”

He sees everything in black and white
Never let nobody see him cry
I don't let nobody see me wishing he was mine


You’re too easy to talk to. I’ll always end up saying too much, telling you even my deepest secrets without even realizing it, until it’s too late. Suhoon looked at him.

“Uhm...” Hyunchul’s frown deepened. “Huh?”

“Aish...” Suhoon ruffled his hair in frustration, creating a tangled mess. Hyunchul ended up chuckling.

“Hyunchul, do you like me or not? Because...” Suhoon whispered and the dancer’s laughter quietened. “... I like you...”

Was this really happening?

I think thought he can could see through everything but my heart
First thought when I wake up is
My God, he's beautiful


“Yes...”

Suhoon’s head snapped towards his direction. “You- you do?” he breathed.

Hyunchul smiled brightly and nodded.

And if you ask me if I love him..
If you ask me if I love him..
I'd lie...


Because I think it had grown to more than that...