okay? okay!

okay? okay!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
note: help i can't stop writing female!sehun. also i am probably too attached to the name sehee for fem!sehun so if you found me writing sehee instead of seyoung, please ignore. or better, point out where so i can change it ;; If there is anything Seyoung hates, that is having to be spontanous. Her whole life is organized, from her belongings - all neatly stacked and ordered in shelves, cupboards, wardrobe or boxes - to her tumblr posts - themed and color coded, of course. And thus it is not difficult to understand that a friend cancelling on their dinner together is a mild catastrophe to Seyoung who has everything planned out for tonight.

Originally, she has wanted a girl's night with dinner at a restaurant that she has looked up on the internet, recommended as a hot place with delicious food that was affordable. After that she had planned to continue their nice chat in a coffee shop close there, also one that she had looked up beforehand to make sure it would be a great, relaxing day after final exams were finally over. But instead of spending time with her best friend, Soojung has ditched her in favor of her new flame, some guy she has only met like three days ago and yet they are already going out. Seyoung can only shake her head at that. What is she supposed to do now?

The worst thing about it is that Seyoung is already waiting in front of the restaurant. It is five minutes before their appointed time that Soojung sends her a text with loads of cute stickers and smileys and emoticons that do not serve their purpose. Instead of calming her, Seyoung gets only more irritated. She decides to deal with her unloyal best friend later as she turns off her phone and stalks away.

She had been so excited to try the food there at the fusion cuisine place, but going alone was a thing she did not dare to. After all, going out to eat should always be done with at least one friend or with a whole group of people even. In a society where emphasis was put on communities, it was frowned upon to go out all on your own. She wouldn't go eat there alone.

As she walks down the street, her expression rather grim, she is halted by an elderly woman handing her a flyer. Seyoung wants to crumple it up and throw it away, but the woman takes her hand and squeezes, sending her a smile that somehow appeases her inner fury. Seyoung smiles back, albeit weakly, and looks to the direction the woman points to - a rather tacky looking building with those red, round lanterns and golden letters on red that reads Solo Restaurant.

"No one will judge you if you go there to eat all alone," the lady whispers and Seyoung nods. Maybe it isn't an all too bad day. She doesn't feel like going home and whipping out some dinner, nor does she want to order some fast food. After all, it feels nicer to sit in a restaurant and if there is a chance she can go out alone, then she would surely take it.

"Thank you," she whispers to the lady and nods, walking over to the restaurant with confident strides. Only, once she is inside, she feels a bit unsure, more so when the waiter greets her by the door and stares at her, before asking if she is single.

"I am," Seyoung says, a bit more quiet than she intended to. The waiter nods and gives her a comforting smile and leads her to a table. He disappears to get a menu and when she opens it, there is a little note for her.

hey, if you'd like to,
i would gladly take you out for a date sometime.
call me? 010 - 7012 2347
- donghae

Seyoung stares at it for a good minute before she sighs and looks through the menu, not quite comfortable with how this restaurant has every single seat separated from another by walls and dividers. Or is it so people won't see other singles? Do people actually feel bad about being single? Up until now Seyoung has never felt pressured to have a date. She hasn't ever thought about dating, despite being a college student already. Aren't her studies more important either way?

It's not like she can't date. Her mother is slightly worried that Seyoung might not be able to get a boyfriend with her ridiculous attitude, as her mother would say, but luckily, her father is quick to defend her, saying a good girl with principles like her will find a suitable man when she is ready. After all, his daughter is not only smart and diligent, she is also beautiful. And studying to become a high school teacher later is surely a big, big plus if she wants to marry a decent man. There really is nothing to worry about when Seyoung is a good catch with boys keeping their eyes on her. Like the waiter over there.

Another sigh escapes her lips as she goes through the menu. There are a variety of dishes and all of them are for one single person. No menu for a couple or a group, something that she has never seen before, not here in Korea at least - fast food chains like McDonald or Burger King don't count, but even there they offer couple menus at times.

The same waiter from before is by her side the moment she calls out with a soft voice to order a serving of sundubu jjigae. Donghae gives her a grin and Seyoung smiles back, more out of politeness than anything. She is not too fond of him, not when she feels so judged for still being single and even less when she feels like a prey.





The food arrives soon enough and she digs in, finding the atmosphere getting more and more suffocating. It doesn't feel like a visit to a restaurant sitting there all alone in a booth, secluded from everyone else. The homey, warm feeling that comes with having people around is nowhere to be found. She finds herself disappointed despite being rather excited just a while ago.

As she digs into her food, a beeping sound gains her attention. Turning to the source of that sound she discovers a small display screen at the wall, about the size of a regular tablet. Blinking, she reads the little message there, not quite expecting the question Are you enjoying your food? Would you like to have someone to eat with you?. And out of curiosity - hey, maybe this is some Japanese thing, she might get a robot friend to fight off her solitude - she presses the yes button.

With a startle she watches as the wall right in front of her is moving, lifting until there is no wall left. Opposite of her there is, oh surprise, not a robot but a young man who sits there all frozen. They both stare at each other, a bit speechless. Seyoung doesn't know what to say and she feels rather embarrassed, now that there is someone to witness her loneliness. How desperate must she look, sitting in a restaurant that is for singles. But doesn't that make him just as pathetic as she is?

It is ridiculous though. How can someone like him be in a place like this? The stranger looks good, quite attractive actually. He has this nice boy from next door look, warm eyes with light crinkles around them, proof of a happy, always smiling nature. There must be girls swooning over him everywhere he goes, so how on earth is a guy like him single?

"Hi," the other greets after clearing his throat and for the first time in her life Seyoung wonders how it must sound if that male's voice would call out her name. Would it roll off his tongue smoothly? Would it sound loving and tender if they were dating? That thought makes her blush, and with how flustered she is, she decides to stop thinking and daydreaming. Daydreaming has never been a pastime for her and she decides to keep it that way.

"Hello," she greets back, voice rather shy and quiet. The boy smiles at her and Seyoung's heart skips a beat. Yes, definitely the nice boy next door type, the type of boy every girl's parents would approve of. The type of boy Seyoung wishes to date and marry later. Later, not now.

"You must have pressed the button, too," he says to break the awkward silence. There is an amused undertone mixing with his voice but that is not enough to mask the nervosity. It is contagious because it makes Seyoung a bit anxious, too.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter