Ryeowook.

Good Person

“Hey.. Wookie ah.. You alright?” I felt the small hands on my shoulders, while the tears kept streaming down my face.

“I’m fine hyung..” No. How can I be when Kyukyu he.. Forgot our anniversary… And now he can’t even celebrate it with me cause of a sudden schedule.

“I hope so… Wookie ah, you know you can tell me anything right?”

“Yeah… It’s just that.. Kyukyu.. He.. Forgot our anniversary.. Was our anniversary of such low importance to him that he actually forgot it? Was I no longer important to him anymore? Hyung… He can’t even celebrate it with me because of a schedule… Am I lesser than some job to him now?” Sungie hyung pulled me into his embrace right then, whispering soft comforts into my ear, telling me how busy Kyukyu is recently that it may have just slipped his mind and how we can’t ever as idols, turn down a schedule because of such stuff. Though not convinving me completely, somehow I felt less depressed with hyung’s voice.

“I know but.. ” Tearing up yet again thinking of the numerous negativities, and I felt hyung hug me tighter.

“Try to get some sleep Ryeong, I know you spent the whole night practising the song you wrote for Kyu. Get some rest now, I’d wake you up when Kyu is home so you can still spend some time with him before tomorrow comes alright?” I nodded, but still refused to leave hyung’s warm embrace. Being alone again when I’m down is just the last thing I needed..

“I’m guessing you just wanna sleep here huh? How old are you again? 3? 5? Shall I sing you a lullaby too baby?” Ignoring the teasing, I nodded again and closed my eyes as I leaned comfortably on hyung’s shoulders.

“What happened today? It seems like you were crying
Did he hurt your heart? You are the most precious person to me in the world
The vending machine coffee I hold out to you is filled with the feelings I’ve been hiding
“Thanks… Oppa is such a good person” at those words I only smile
Do you remember? Me, who was hanging out in front of my friend’s school
When we pretended like we were a couple, you laughed and I stayed up all night…” You started singing “Good person” , somehow I felt something more personal in Sungie hyung’s voice now than when we recorded this song years ago…

“Thanks hyung.. You’re the best” I muttered as I slowly drifted off to sleep, with the emotion-filled voice of hyung’s singing.