Odds or evens

Paint a rainbow if you may

It's quite short and I don't know if the other chapters are gonna have this lenght as well, but I hope you enjoy it!!

 


 

                Gongchan had a couple of boxes at his feet. He was giving away all the presents his ex-boyfriend gave him over the months they dated. He normally didn't do this, but literally no one would care. Neither him or the guy. Not to mention, it was one less painful memory to keep.

                As he put the last teddy bear inside the cardboard box, it came to his mind he hadn't texted Dongwoo yet. It had been (he mentally counted) little more than a week since he got the other's number, but he was still in the middle of the process of breaking up. Not today.

                The day after he gave the boxes to some orphanage around his house. After spending an hour greeting and making small talk with excited children under the scalding sun, he decided he deserved a treat. He walked until he found a cafe, and entered. The cool air from the air conditioner hit him straight in the face and he sighed in satisfaction.

                He felt weirdly free after getting rid of his ex's presents, and relinshing the nice feeling on his overheated skin, he made a decision.

                Gongchan pulled his phone out of his pocket and found Dongwoo's contact. He texted a simple "hi it's gongsik, what's up". Still looking at his phone, he started to walk towards the counter when he bumped into someone. He apologized and looked up. He was speechless.

                "Dongwoo?" What are the odds…

                "I… hi, Gongsik!" Dongwoo looked happy to see him, albeit surprised. "What are you doing here?"

                Before Gongchan could answer, a small plim came from Dongwoo's phone, but the older paid it no mind. Gongchan felt unexplainably embarrassed to have texted someone right in front of him, and really happy Dongwoo decided to ignore it for the time being.

                "I walked in here by chance, actually", he said gesturing around. "And you?"

                "I live here."

                Huh… okay, that's a coincidence. And weird.

                His puzzlement must have shown in his face because Dongwoo immediately elaborated.

                "I mean, not here, here. I live on the upper floor. My friend's parents own this place."

                "Oh, I see... That's actually pretty nice."

                "I know, right?"

                It was well hidden, but Dongwoo looked like he wanted to say something and was holding himself back, almost as if he was embarrassed. Gongchan picked up on it and suddenly felt insecure.

                "Hey, is something wrong?", he asked hesitantly.

                "No, no, nothing wrong", Dongwoo answered with a smile. "It's just that I need to get something in the post office, so I can't talk much right now."

                Gongchan felt a wave of relief washing through him (for a moment he thought Dongwoo had lost interest in him and was wondering on how to break it out). He nodded.

                "It's okay, go there. We can talk later."

                Dongwoo smiled again and waved as he walked past him. On his way to the door he kept looking back and Gongchan waved about five times before the other actually closed the door. He laughed. Dongwoo was a bit awkward, but really cute.

                He walked to the counter and ordered a caramel macchiato, before finding himself a table. Right after his coffee arrived, his phone rang in his hand and he unlocked the screen. It was a new text. He opened.

 

from: Dongwoo

Hey

I just talked with the cutest person ever

 

                Gongchan laughed around his coffee. He put the cup down and texted back.

 

to: Dongwoo

oh my god so cheesy hahaha

 

                He got more comfortable in the chair and waited, phone in hand.

 

from: Dongwoo

That was bad wasn't it

 

to: Dongwoo

it was terrible, but don't worry i liked it

 

from: Dongwoo

;)

 

                Gongchan laughed again, gulping his coffee slightly. When he lowered it the smile was still on his face.

 

… …

 

                Two days later Gongchan was woken up with a text at seven in the morning. Dongwoo invited him to the cafe to try one of the new pastries they were thinking of selling. Gongchan arrived in less than fifteen minutes. He also met Dongwoo's best friend, Jinyoung.

                Twenty minutes into knowing Jinyoung and the other managed to dirty the entire kitchen with flour.