Final.

Difference
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyoon walked towards her superior Gayoon’s office, with a letter in her hand. Jiyoon looked absolutely forlorn. She crumpled the letter as she was walking along the corridor, ignoring greetings from the staffs under her team.

 

Jiyoon went into the office without knocking. In the office, she saw a lady with black hair sitting on the table in front of Gayoon. The smile on Gayoon’s face disappeared in an instant.

 

“Hyuna, go back first. I’ll buy some chocolate bread that you love on the way home later.” Gayoon gave her wife a kiss on the lips before Hyuna makes her way out.

 

After Hyuna left, Gayoon continued reading the file she was reading before.

 

“What is this?” Jiyoon threw the crumpled letter at Gayoon.

 

“A promotion letter, sweetie. I’m sure you can read the title.” Gayoon put the letter aside.

 

“I know, but why? Why did you transfer me to another department?” This time, Jiyoon’s gaze softens and all she felt was a pang on her heart.

 

“Getting promoted isn’t a bad thing, Jiyoonie. It’s a good thing.” Gayoon caressed Jiyoon’s cheek and then went back to reading her file.

 

Before Jiyoon could say anything, she was interrupted by a knock on the door, “Ms Heo, the stocks meeting is starting in five minutes.” Gayoon’s secretary said.

 

“Alright, I’ll be there in five.” Gayoon handed her secretary the documents needed but Jiyoon was still waiting for an explanation.

 

“Okay, I see that you won’t budge if I don’t have a talk with you. Fine, I’ll see you at our usual place at 5PM.” Gayoon went out, leaving Jiyoon in the office.

 

The words usual place never sound so different before.

 

After a good hour, Jiyoon finally calmed down. She went back to her office and saw her best friend, Jihyun, sitting on the couch in her office.

 

“Hey, where’ve you been?” Jihyun put the magazine she was reading back to its original place.

 

“I was at Gayoon’s office.” Jiyoon said with a straight face.

 

“I’m planning to buy breakfast her tomorrow, do you want some too? I know you hardly get any breakfast because you’re a lazy pig.” Jihyun joked but Jiyoon didn’t laugh or throw her cushion at her. The older girl felt weird and went to Jiyoon.

 

“Jiyoon-ah, did something happen between you and Gayoon?”

 

“I guess this is the last time we’re gonna work together…” Jiyoon looked up at Jihyun and gave her a sad smile.

 

“Why? Did Hyuna said something nasty to you?”

 

“Nah. Gayoon just decided to go back to Hyuna and pretend that nothing has happened between us. She transferred me to the sales department.”

 

“I told you not to be the third party between them… It won’t last…” Jihyun hugged the younger girl.

 

“I need some time alone unnie, please lock the door for me on the way out.” Jiyoon wiped the tears that rolled down her cheeks.

 

“I’ll always be here for you, okay?” Jihyun placed a kiss on Jiyoon’s forehead.

 

At the park

 

Jiyoon knocked off earlier and went to the park, she couldn’t concentrate on doing her work in the office anyway. Besides, she needs some fresh air now.

 

“Did you promote me just so you can avoid me and go back to Hyuna?” Tears rolled down Jiyoon’s face again. She had been crying all day in the office but she could care less right now. She wants Gayoon.

 

“Why can’t you look at it on the brighter side? It’ll be better for the both of us… After this.” Gayoon looked at the sky but Jiyoon grabbed her shoulders and make the brunette face her. Gayoon winced in pain but Jiyoon was to immersed in her emotions to notice it.

 

“After this? Are you saying that this is out breakup?” Jiyoon released Gayoon and hugged her instead, “I n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter