Chapter 1

Why not? Just ask her
 
Sehun's smile grew wider as he saw the love of his life walk down the hall. She smiled back,  her pearly white teeth gleaming like shells,  and walked past him. Tears welled up in his eyes,  it had been half a year already,  why couldnt he find the courage to ask her out.  Or even ask for her name?
"Dude! You really dont know Dawn?" Kai laughs as he slaps Sehun on the back.
"Who's that?" Sehun asks, looking at his dream girl that was in front of him, three seats away.
"You're looking at her right now."
"Oh so that's her name, Dawn" Sehun fangirled. 
"Wait how do you know her" Sehun asked Kai curiously. 
"Umm...She may be my..." Kai got cut off.
"Weren't you going to buy some food today?" Dawn affectionately punched Kai in the head.
Kai laughed and continued. "She's my flatmate, along with Taemin and Naeun" 
"That's right!" Dawn smiled. Then her eyes widened. "Hey I know you! Kai has told me so much about you." Dawn smiled sweetly. "He said you were in the schools top football team this year."
Sehun nodded.
"Oh, right. I was going to ask you something." Dawn leaned close to Sehun (While Kai moved away back to his seat) their faces 6cm apart. "You know the cherry blossoms at Yeouido?"
Sehun nodded as he looked down at the map Dawn showed him of the garden.
"You want to come with us after school?"
"Sure." Sehun answers, making Dawn sqeaul in delight as she hugged Sehun tightly, making him blush without the girl knowing.
Sehun wasn't usually the guy with a crush. All the girls loved him but he just flicked them away. 
"Wow, Sehun you're acting really weird"Kai stated, watching Sehun's face go red. 
"I think I might be coming down with a cold" lied Sehun, unsurely.
"Aww does that mean you can't come to Yeouido with us"asked Dawn.
"No no, I'm sure it's nothing, I'll be fine"replied Sehun quickly.
Sehun's heart pounded and his breath quickened. Maybe it was because he was running, but he was sure it had something to do with the girl holding his hand while they ran.
"Hey there!" shouted Naeun when she saw them. Kai and Dawn's flatmates were standing on the bridge which hung above the river in the garden.
"You're here!" said Taemin, holding his girlfriend Alisa in his arms. "Beautiful, isn't it?"
Sehun looked over the river that stretched across the garden. Cherry blossoms blanketed the river, making the river glow a soft pink color.
"It's beautiful!" gasped Dawn, leaning over the edge of the bridge.
Suddenly she lost her balance and plummeted into the water.
"...Dawn can't swim..."
The moment Sehun heard it, he immediately dived into the deep river, swimming to Dawn as fast as he could to save her.
Dawn had sunk down deep, struggling to hold her breath. The current was strong, she couldn't fight it anymore. Dawn out letting the river take her away. Sehun panicked when he couldn't see her but quickly recovered and tried to remain calm to save his crush. He swam hard towards her. That was the easy part, now he had to swim upstream back to the bridge where she fell in. Relying only on his legs, Sehun swam as hard as he could and finally got to the side of the river. He gave Dawn mouth to mouth without even thinking. She got rushed to hospital, although he knew she was going to be OK, he was still worried.
Dawn's head was spinning, and she could not focus on anything, as if she was wading through an invisible fog. But there was one thing she heard loud and clear.
"Dawn, are you alright?"
It was Sehun. She couldnt see him, but she knew it was him.
Her vision went blurring again and her head went light.
"Dawn. DAWN!" The panicked cries were all she heard as her vision out and she fell out of consciousness.
A few hours later, Dawn was brought back to her apartment. Sehun laid her on the mattress, in the room she shared with Alisa. Looking around, Sehun spotted a few photos of Dawn, Alisa and another girl who seemed to be their cousin, smiles were curved on their lips.
Sehun then caught his eyes on a box that was placed on a nightstand. Picking up the box, he found heart shaped chocolates inside. But also seeing a note, he picked it up, only to read four words- I Love you Sehun.
Sehun's heart beat faster. Was this his cue? Was she asking him out?
Placing the box down, he shuddered.
Summoning up his courage, he kneeled down next to Dawn's sleeping body. He shook her gently and she awoke.
"Sehun?" she yawned, stretching lazily.
"Umm..." Sehun said nervously. Taking a deep breath, he spoke. "Dawn, will you go out with me?"
Dawn's eyes widened with shock.
"I-I can't..." she gasped.
"What? Why not?" Sehun felt like crying. Why had he mucked this up? She was going to hate him forever now. 
"Because... because..." Suddenly, she burst into tears. "I'm a e!"
"I'm sorry Sehun, I really like you, but now you think I'm disgusting" Dawn sobbed.
Sehun tried to comfort her but she just pushed him away. He was upset she thought so badly of him, he doesn't care if she's a e or not. 
"I don't care if you're a e, I still really like you." Taemin said queitly. "I just want to know why you do it. I hope noones pressuring you."
"Sehun, you son of a ! How can you cheat on me with that !?" Naeun suddenly comes in, slapping Sehun as hard as she could.
"What are you talking about Naeun?" Sehun gaped at her, rubbing his reddening cheek. "We were never together!"
"Didnt you receive my choclates and note?" cried Naeun, her eyes filling with tears. She grabbed Sehuns hand. "I love you!"
Dawn ran out of the room, crying. She finally got her secret out to somebody and now she had probably lost him. Unaware Sehun was following her she locked herself in the bathroom and sobbed.
"Dawn, I know you're in there"said Sehun as he knocked on the door.
"Go and be with you Naeun, she's not a like me" yelled Dawn
"I don't want her, I want you" Sehun answered desperately.
"Just go away!" Dawn screams as her sobs are heard through the door.
"Look! Can you just open the door!? I don't like her!" Sehun shouts.
"You don't like me Sehun?" sobbed Naeun. She ran out the door, crying hysterically.
"Wait! That's not what I meant!" Sehun ran after her. He looked back at the bathroom door. Maybe Dawn just needed some time to herself for a moment. He ran after Naeun.
Dawn, upon hearing Sehun leave for Naeun, cried into her knees as she slid down to the floor.
"Maybe he truly doesnt care about me..."
Kai stopped her when he saw the tears, stained on her cheeks. 
"What happened?"Kai asks.
"Sehun found out I'm a e" Dawn replied with tears in her eyes.
"I really thought he liked me, but turns out he only wants Naeun.
Kai laughed, clutching his stomach as he doubled over in laughter. Dawn felt her tears welling up again. He found it funny! No wonder Sehun didnt like her. She was a joke.
Eventually, Kai stopped. He put his hand on her shoulder seriously. He then broke into a grin.
"Girl, the last thing he would do is run off with another girl!" He looked her straight in the eyes. "You have no idea how long he's been mooning over you"
Dawn gasped. Was this true? 
"Sehun's a real nice guy. He sees a girl crying, he'll want to help out" he continued. "That's probably what happened"
"R-really?" Dawn stutters.
Kai nods, pulling her into a hug. "I'll kick his if you want him to get back to his senses. He made my friend cry."
Neither of them noticed that Sehun came back from comforting Naeun, seeing and hearing everything.
"I'm so sorry Dawn, I just wanted to see if Naeun was OK. It doesn't matter if you're a e, I still really like you" Said Sehun. 
"Really, you don't care that I'm a e. I don't want to be you know. I do it to pay school fees, it's horrible, every night a new guy, not to mention they treat you like ." Dawn said while trying to hold back her tears. Her whole body shudders as she remembers she has to go to 'work' tonight.
"I'm sorry Dawn" said Sehun, horrified by her detailed, almost graphic description of her situation. "All I can say now is: I will support you in whatever you do. Whether you're a e or not. Whether you want to be or not, I will support you all the way."
Dawn sniffed, leaning into his body for a hug. As their warm bodies pressed together, they both wished this moment would never end.