Phun's letter

Phun's letter

It really is funny how life works. We're born, we age, we die. As I'm sitting here writing this letter, I think I've lived a pretty decent life. I have two kids, a great husband, friends; life has been good to me. Now I did have my problems every once in a while like any other human being. Marriage had it's ups and downs, taking care of my children, you know, things like that. But the biggest event in my life was when I came out. I can remember it like it was yesterday.......  

I had just got home, only to find the love of my life sitting on his scooter in front of my house. He looked so beautiful in the sunlight. I knew if I said that out loud he might smack my head, so didn't.

"Oh! Phun I didn't see you there." He says smiling at me. Such a lovely smile, I thought to my self.

"Did I scare you?" I ask, kissing him on the nose.

"Oi! Phun we're in public...." He whined pushing me away. Ah, he is just so cute.

"Is that a problem?" I ask winking at him.

"Of course it is! What if your parents see us together? What will you do?" he complains, looking at his hands.

oh yeah the parents. I have decided that that I will be a man and come out to my parents, for Noh's sake. He had already came out to his parents when we had started dating. So, for a year and a half he's been patient with me to make up my mind. I also want to walk down the street, hand in hand with my boyfriend just like anyone else.

"Noh, actually......I'm going to tell them." I said looking up giving him my killer smile.

"Tell them what?" he asked. It really is funny how he's oblivious to everything.

"Noh, I'm going to come out. Because I love you and I don't want to hide our relationship anymore." emotions fly across his face and decided to land on fear.

"Are you sure? I can wait if you need more time, don't force yourself-" more time is what i don't want. I don't want to spend another minute in a secret realtionship. I want the whole world to know that Noh Napat is my boyfriend.

"Noh I'm sure. After all, closets are for clothes, not for the almighty Phun Phumipat!" Noh giggles at my joke. Its like music to my ears, I love hearing him laugh.

"When?" he asks quietly. I don't need a moment to think of the answer.

"Right now." I say as I see my dad's car through the driveway.

I pull Noh off his bike and we walk towards the house, hand in hand. I open the door, still holding Noh's hand and walk into the living room where I know my parents will be watching the news.

"I'm home!" I yell in the house I aproach the living room. When my dad sees our intetwined hands he drops the newspaper he was holding.

"What is this?" he ask gesturing to our hands and then Noh to me.

I take a deep breath. Noh gives my hand a squeeze reminding me that he's here for me. Well, I guess it's now or never.

"Dad, this is my boyfriend Noh. And before you say anything, I just want to tell you that I love him and that will never change. Even if you disown me and call me a for the rest of my life, i still love him. He means the world and beyond to me. And if I have to leave this house in order to be with him, then so be it. I will love him even when I'm dead, after you try to beat the gay out of me. I'm gay, and no exorcism at some temple can change that." I said it! O my gosh I finally said it!

"Wow." He said clapping. Why was he clapping?!

"Your not mad?" I ask in disbelief. I thought he would have tried to throw me out of the window by now.

"You just stood up for what you believed in. You didn't let anybody or anything stop you from loving that boy, so why should I? Gay or straight, that's the kind of man I want you to be. Don't let anything stop you from reaching your goal in life, do you understand me?"

"Yes sir!" I said with a huge grin. This was the best day of my life.     

That was fifty-six years ago. Even now, as old as I am I remember my father's exact words. 'don't let anything in life stop you from reaching your goal' That's why I'm writing this letter. Family is the most important thing to me. My kids, Pram and Noh Jr. are my sunshine. They are adults now with families of there own, but it's like there still children. Always bickering with one another, loud and obnoxious, but they have grown up so fast. I wish they could shrink so I could keep them in my pocket forever. Noh Jr, even though his name is Noh, Is nothing like him. He's more like me. On the quiet and sweet side. Pram on the other hand, is in fact, just like Noh. Loves music, loud and obnoxious (for a girl) and has his same almond brown eyes. Ah, it's like a girl version of him. Light and carefree. On to my y- er...um...I meant wonderful ( I guess we're too old to call each other y now hehe) husband. There is not a word strong enough to describe how much I love him. He is the reason for my existence on earth. I need him more than i need water or food, heck, I need him more than air. Just having his clothes in my hands when I pick them up off the floor, makes me feel content. Creepy? I know right....[°~°] One day (i will not admit this in person, for he will kill me) I saw him on the bed just smelling my tie when I came home from work. I didn't want to bother him so, I just backed away from door to leave him be. I just love him so much. I could just eat him right now.... Wait what? Phun! We're not talking about old people you horn dog! Anyways.....who else is there. Oh yeah, Earn. Earn I never really hated you. I only strongly disliked you when we were back in high school. And that was because......well you know. I mean I did get you and pete together. How are you and pete? Are you still in your honeymoon stage for the thirtieth year in a row? Haha. Now it's time for siblings. My lovely sister pang and that devil she calls a husband. I just hate him so much. He broke her heart once and if he does it again I will break all his bones with my cane, then he would have to stay in a hospital bed for the remainder of his life. Hehe. But anyways pang is such a bright person. She is the one who brought me and my amazing, significant other together. I even helped her with boy problems because that's the kind of brother I am. She Is just the type of person you would want to be around all day. Hehe. Well, lastly it leaves me with film. Oh, I have to thank him for letting me sneak out for mini make out sessions with Noh in high school. You even helped me with Aim. Speaking of aim, no matter what you did in the past I could never hate you. Anyways film your the real mvp man. I hate to say goodbye but Noh and Pram are on they're way from the store. Even when I'm gone you at least have this letter. I'll still be in your hearts and we'll never be apart(see what I did there). You better smile. By the time you're done reading this. Oh, and promise me onething, make sure my shoes don't get too dusty! I love my shoes like a girl does! Well I don't want to say goodbye to end this so I'll say........Noh's new shampoo smells like gym socks.....wait what? Nevermind.

 

With love,

Phun Phumipat