one.

My Dearest, (HIATUS)

It’s a typical Monday morning. Nobody wants to get out of bed. Nobody want to have an alarm ringing off every 5 minutes.

 

I assure you, people are too lazy to get out of bed every Monday morning but Irene differs from everybody. She is the woman in time. If she set an alarm in whatever time she’s need at work, she will wake up 10 minutes ahead of the alarm. Be it Monday or Sunday. She’s always on time.

 

She grew up as a perfectionist. She have to finish everything on time even if it means over time. She’s always been like this. A busy, focused kind of girl.

 

“Irene. Have you done all the transferred datas sent by the other employees?” Her boss asked her.

 

“Yes, Sir. It’s transferring to your computer right now.” She answered as she busily organise all the previous paperworks inner desk.

 

“Here’s your Iced Americano, hun” her co-worker handed her the drink.

 

“Thank you” she took a sip and went back to her paperworks.

 

“Everybody, stop what you’re doing for a moment I need to announce something” their boss ordered them.

 

“As everyone know, all the selected new employees from the recent hiring will be starting tomorrow. Each of the department will have at least two trainees to supervise and train. I ask you all for your cooperation and patience. Here’s all the information about your trainees just for a little insight of who you’re gonna work with.” the boss picked up the papers.

 

“Mr. Lee in the I.T department. You will have, Yoon Minjae and Son Daehyun.” He handed him the papers.

 

“Ms. Bae in the marketing department. You will have Kim Jaehyun and Song Minho. I hope you do your best because from what I know, these two has the highest qualification than anyone here.” He advice Irene.

 

“Yes Sir. Thank you.” she bowed in return.

 

Then the boss continue giving all the papers to the right department.

 

 

Irene scanned her two trainees informations before going back to her unfinished work.

 

Kim Jaehyun and Song Minho. Hmmm. 

 

 

 

 

Night falls and Irene is still in the office. She went from being the busy beast mode to a tired small puppy. 

 

She cleaned up her desk and organised her bag to go home. She bid goodbye to the other people who are still in the office.

“Bye Irene. Take care going home. It’s still raining hard outside.” One of here officemate said.

 

“Yup. Thanks for telling me. You take care too. Bye.” she smiled at her and waved goodbye.

 

 

You can hear the heavy rain dropping from the sky as she walked towards the bus stop near her office. Luckily, she brought her umbrella. She always bring it just in case something like this happen.

 

She sighed in relief to see the bus coming near the stop just in time. She smiled.

 

She step inside the bus and tapped her bus card. She sat at the very back of the bus as usual. She never liked sitting in front nor in the middle of the bus seats. She always sits at the back because from there, she can see who’s coming in and out. 

 

She plugged in her earphone into her ears and just let the music take her into her safe haven.

 

 

 

 

Morning came and Irene is still in her dreamland.

 

No alarm. No whatsoever. 

 

It’s a quiet morning to be honest.

 

 

Twenty minutes later, she stirred from her sleep and woke up almost immediately. She checked her phone to see the time but the phone’s screen remained black. She tried again but it just showed a black screen.

 

“Oh my god. Don’t tell me I forgot to charge you?” She panicked and quickly checked the clock at her living room. It read as 9:10 am as her work time being 8:00 am.

 

 

She’s late. Super late.

 

 

She hurriedly run to her closet and picked up her clothes. No showering. No eating breakfast. She just washed her face and brush her teeth and immediately got dress.

 

She grabbed her bag and made sure her apartment is securely lock and she then run a marathon to her bus stop.

 

She managed to come in the office almost like a lightning, really. She literally had to start running as soon as the bus open its door. And there she is in the office looking like she just came out from a war zone.

 

“I’m so sorry I’m late.” She said in between her breathing. She sounded like a dying chicken trying to catch her breathing while holding on the side of one of the cubicle.

 

“Wow. Ms. Bae this is your first time being late.” her boss said with an amazement because basically in her whole years of working in the office she’s never late. This is the first time. There was even a time when she was still new in the working scene and she literally had to wait for the boss to open the office door. That early she was, always.

 

“But it’s ok. I’ll let it pass because it’s your first time. If you have calmed down and catched your breath. Join us here.” her boss said.

 

“Yes Sir.” and almost immediately she’s now sitting in a vacant seat.

 

“So as I was saying earlier. Your trainees are starting today. As a start, show them into your own department and let them have a look at everything so they can get used to it.” he said. Looking at every employees in the office.

 

“Now go ahead.” he ordered and went into his seat. 

 

Everyone is now in their own department.

 

“Ok.” Irene talked first.

 

“For a start, I’m Bae Joohyun but just call me Irene because we have two Joohyun here. One being in the other department and we don’t want you all to get confuse. Now, just a little introduction to get to know each other...” she pointed to one of the new guys.

 

“You go first” she said and sat in her seat.

 

“Yes. Hello. I’m Kim Jaehyun. 21 years old. I’m from Incheon. I have two dogs. I haven’t gone into military yet. I-i graduated from Incheon University. I will work hard.” he nervously say and bowed.

 

Irene smiled at his cute nervousness.

 

“It’s ok to be nervous, Jaehyun” she chuckled.

 

She looked at there other guy.

 

“Hello. I’m Song Minho. 22 years old. I’m looking forward to working with you.” she eyed him. She smiled and nodded. 

 

“Ok. So you’ll be working with us, Heeyul and Jooyeon. But Jooyeon is off today so only the two of us are here.” She said. 

 

“We have two goals for today. One is finishing all the load of paperworks with Heeyul and sending it to me via email in the right order and two is coming with me on the site where we will be planning all sent informations given to me. What do you two want?” She asked the two guys who are looking so confused and flustered at the same time.

 

“I’ll work with Jaehyun. If that’s ok with you?” Heeyul asked Jaehyun.

 

“A-ah. Yes. I would like that.” he replied.

“So you’re with me Song Minho-shi” Said Irene.


“Ah yes.” he bowed.

 

“Now get your bag and we’re going now. We don’t want to be late, do we?” She borrowed one of the office’s phone because her phone is at home, lying dead.

 

“Heeyul just send it to K6 please. I left my phone at home so I’m using one of the office’s. Thanks. Good luck to you Jaehyun” she smiled before turning to Minho.

 

“Ready?” He nodded.

 

 

They went outside and to the bus stop. They had to wait for the bus to arrived. 

 

 

 

On the site

 

 

Irene handed one of the easy job for Minho to start with.

 

“Here’s the checklist for today. You just have to check if we’ve done all of it. That’s your job for today.” She smiled to him.

 

Minho checked the checklist paper and it’s not that much of a list. It’s doable if they are trying to finish it by today.

 

“Let’s start with this.” Irene pointed at the first one in the list.

“Good luck” she said. 

 

 

The two are busily doing their job. Irene then remembered she hadn’t eaten since this morning. It’s already halfway in the afternoon. She started feeling her empty stomach ache. She looked around to try and ask if there’s a cafeteria near the site but everyone is a busy bees today. She gave up and started focusing to what she’s doing. 

 

At the same time, Minho noticed Irene holding onto her stomach and he got the

hint from just looking at her. He asked one of the people in his circle.

 

“Bro, is there any convenience store around here?” he asked.

 

“Yup. Just two block away from here. Why? You hungry?” One of the worker said.

 

“No but my boss is” he looked at her.

 

“I’ll be back. Thanks bro.” he thanked the worker. 

 

 

 

Minho immediately went to the convenience store to buy some food.

 

He bought a bread filled with red beans and a banana milk along with it. He return to the site and approached Irene who is busily trying to endure her stomach ache.

 

“Um… Irene?” Irene turned to see who called her. She saw Minho.

 

“Here. Take a break and eat this.” he handed her the food he bought. Irene looked at it then to Minho.

 

“I just thought you might be hungry so I decided to buy you food.” he sheepishly smiled.

 

“You didn’t have to but thank you.” she smiled at him.

 

“Let’s share this. I would feel bad if I only eat this alone.” She divided the bread into half and gave the other half to Minho.

 

“Thank you” and she took a bite of the bread.

 

 

 

Minho watched her eat. He smiled slightly before he knew what’s happening to him. 

 

 

 

The day ends with a bright smiled plastered in the two faces. Irene got her energy back because of the food Minho gave to her. Minho had done all the list in the checklist. The only thing they need to do is to go back to the office and write a report ad about it.

 

 

 

Minho, being a newbie in the office found it entertaining and fun to work with his department especially with Irene. At first he was worried because it’s his first ever paid job. He thought he might make a lot of mistakes and what not for a newbie like him. But it turns out it wasn’t as hard as he thought it would be. His officemates are a big help to him.

 

Irene felt a little comfortable being with Minho and she doesn’t know why. She likes how smooth and peaceful the surrounding whenever Minho is with her. The two are still in the awkward-yet-not-so-awkward stage.

 

 

Workdays spent like that. Working here and there. 

 

 

 

 

A month passed.

 

Six months passed.

 

A year passed. 

 



 

“Miss. Bae Joohyun” someone called. Irene looked up to see who.
“Yes?”

 

The person didn’t say any words instead she held out a rose to give to Irene.

“What’s this for?” Irene asked in confusion. 


She handed her a note.

Irene read what’s inside the note.


 


Take 5 steps from your seat to the door beside you.

 


 

Irene looked up to her officemate with a confuse look but her officemate just nodded. 

 

Irene hesitated a bit before doing what’s written in the note. 

 

 

And there stood Song Minho holding a big bouquet of red and white roses. Beside him, his officemates holding out white daisies each that symbolises innocence and purity. 

 

“Minho-yah. What are you doing?” Asked a really confused Irene.

 

“I don’t know how to begin this but ever since I laid my eyes at you in the very first day of work, you have captured me by your beauty. I know it sounds lame but that’s how I felt then and still feeling right at this moment. My world stopped for a moment when you walked right into the office. You were the only one I can see and hear.” Minho slowly walked towards Irene. 

 

Irene is still standing there, frozen. Confused.

 

“I know I’m not perfect, nor can I give you the stars in the sky. I can’t give you everything you asked for. I can’t give you a beautiful life right now. All I can give you is my whole heart to make you feel so much love every seconds of your life. I can give you my shoulder to cry on. I can give you my back when you are feeling tired. I can give you my hands to hold onto tightly. I can give you a friend who can listen to all your problems. I am not asking for you to do the same for me. All I want is, I want to be the reason when you smile or laugh. I want to be there when you feel most safe. I want to be by your side until I have this life of mine.” 

 

Minho is now standing right in front of Irene. 

 

Irene on the other hand hasn’t realised that she is now crying.

Irene has always dreamt about a confession like this. She always daydream that someone who loves her will make an effort for her. She didn’t know it will become a reality at some point in her life. 

 

 

Minho kneeled down and held out the bouquet of flowers he’s holding.

 

“Bae Joohyun. Will you allow me to be your boyfriend?” Said Minho with his hopeful tone. 

 

Irene didn’t answer for a long second.

Minho thought he got rejected. 

 

Still, Minho is hoping Irene will say yes. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes. Minho. Yes” Irene smiled. Minho looked up to Irene.

“Yes? Yes?. YES!! YESSS!!” Minho couldn’t hold it any longer and he hug Irene. Right there. Right now. 

 

Everybody in the office are celebrating and happily screaming. 

 

“Congrats love birds.” Their Boss said.

“WOOOOOOHOOOO” All their officemates screamed in unison. 

 

Irene thought it was one of the best time in her life. One couldn’t have handled a confession like that but somehow Irene did. 

 

It was one the best moment of their lives.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But

 

 

 

 

 

 

That was all in the past now. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

Author's Note: OMG. I finally posted chapter one. I retrieved the files guys. Thank goodness. Sorry for the long wait.
So I hope you enjoy. If you find any grammar errors please kindly tell me and I will fix it. I know i'm not a good author, I don't even consider myself one, but I will try my best to give you a good story :) 


 

Feedbacks are highly welcomed. Compliments or critizes are all welcome. 

 


PS: If you are willing to make a graphic poster for this story. I will be thankful guys ^^ 


Thank you guys.




-jongxned
2015