2. When your hands get suddenly empty

What is a mate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Angst and indirect mention of violence in this chapter.

_______

 

But, one day, his arrival at school was different. He immediately sensed a tension in the air as some students were looking at him with a scowl. What? Were they despising him? Impossible.

When a student who used to worship him harshly bumped on his shoulder, he almost ran to find Taehyung. What he found was shocking:  Taehyung was crying desperately on Jin’s arms. The pair was sitting on the floor of a classroom hall.

He kneeled close to them – “What’s wrong?”

“Jimin was attacked!” – Taehyung  screamed with a deeply hurt expression.

Jungkook felt like he was hit by a truck: “N-no, this is impossible!”

Taehyung started to beat on Jungkook’s chest with clenched fists.

“Of course this would happen. He is an omega… and he has reached his first heat… and he is still unmated!” – Each pause was punctuated by a weak punch.

“But everybody knows he’s mine!” – Jungkook reasoned while Jin anaged to hold Taehyung again.

“Do they? Do they really, Jungkook? You’ve rejected him publicly for months, you !” – Taehyung screamed, his hands now firmly held by Jin.

Jungkooks mind was stuck. He couldn’t process the news.

“Calm down, baby. He’s gonna be ok.” Jin was whispering close to Taehyung’s ear in a soothing  tone.

“I’m an omega too, Jin. This could have happened to me!” – Taehyung said.

“No, baby.” Jin said while pecking every part of Taehyung’s face. “I would never let you without my mark and my scent. You’re my treasure. You’re mine”.

Jungkook couldn’t name what he felt when saw his alpha friend being so sweet and caring to his omega, when he saw all the love and trust in their eye language.

“Where is he?” – Jungkook got up with determination.

“He’s in hospital” – Jungkook’s blood stopped in his veins, but he forced himself to move. He got to the hospital as fast as he could. When he identified himself as the alpha of Park Jimin, the nurse frowned: “No, his alpha is already there with him. He saved him from the attack, brought him here and didn’t leave his side until now”.

Jungkook felt like he was in a parallel universe. His alpha? What the hell? This couldn’t be happening. Where has his perfect life gone? After a lot of insistence, the nurse informed the patient’s room number, not before sending him a judgmental look.

When he arrived at the room, he saw Yoongi standing right in the entrance. “Oh,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter