...Guess What This Is

I Think I Love You

So this happened. I was trying to find things to write and I figured I could continue in this universe. This is something like a sequel except there are three drabble-like stories (that I got a little carried away with). The first is hoyeol which I wrote with the simple prompt of sleepy kisses. The second is Myungsoo and Woohee from Dal Shabet. They were in a show together and I couldn't help wondering if they ever interacted and somehow I ended up writing something. And the third story is woogyu that I wrote from a prompt about a hot new bartender. Sunggyu is the bartender. Since I didn't manage to work in Dongwoo or Sungjong, I might write some more to this, but I have other stuff I wanted to write first so we'll see. Okay, I'll stop talking now. Enjoy ^_^

 

 

 

I Was Next To You and You Were Right There Next To Me

Sungyeol had expected one of two things to happen when he'd agreed to a study date in Hoya's room. The first scenario starts with them studying and that leads to them getting bored and ending up kissing which leads to inappropriate touching and neither of them getting any work done. The second scenario starts with studying and leads to boredom and ends with them falling asleep fully clothed and neither of them getting any work done. What they're doing now is a mix of both that feels weirdly nice. Their textbooks lay abandoned on the bed, poking into a back or a leg, as they lay together in a tangle of limbs. Hoya has a leg between both of Sungyeol's and a hand resting on his stomach. As the less sleepy one between them, he's doing most of the work. Sungyeol's response is slow in his half-asleep state with his mouth moving lazily against Hoya's.

"Do you want to just go to sleep," Hoya asks, breaking the kiss to look over at his boyfriend.

Sungyeol doesn't have to open his eyes to be able to tell that there's a sweet smile on Hoya's face to match his amused tone. And Sungyeol supposes it is a little funny that he's nearly asleep, but is still committed to making out. Despite how tired he is, he's enjoying being so close to Hoya. Everything feels soft and warm and just really, really nice. "I'm good," he drawls. His fingers curl around the collar of Hoya's shirt and he tugs it lightly in an attempt to bring him closer. "Now kiss me."

Hoya snorts at the command (not a confidence-boosting response) and his hand slides over to hold onto Sungyeol's waist. "Is it a kiss goodnight or a kiss leading to more?"

Sungyeol opens his eyes slowly to see Hoya with his head propped on his hand. His chest tightens at the completely smitten look that's aimed at him. He still hasn't gotten entirely used to having someone as wonderful as Hoya as his boyfriend. And he doesn't really want to either. Sungyeol hopes that there's a nervous fluttering in his stomach every time Hoya tells him he loves him. That his breath catches whenever Hoya looks at him like the sun rises and sets with him or holds him like he'll never let go. Sungyeol hopes the novelty of their relationship never wears off and he hopes that Hoya hopes for the same thing.

He's slightly more awake than before. "Kiss me and we'll see," he says as he tugs on Hoya's collar again. Hoya complies without any hesitation, pressing his lips to Sungyeol's insistently. His hand tightens on the other's hip and he settles himself more comfortably on top of Sungyeol. The kiss is still slow, but the slick slide of Hoya's tongue against his own has Sungyeol's toes curling. He rolls his hips in an attempt to alleviate the heat pooling in his stomach. Hoya groans into his mouth and presses him further into the bed. Whatever tiredness Sungyeol had been holding onto is shelved.

It only comes back when they're both on their backs, and spent. Their books had been pushed off the bed at some point and are now half-covered by their discarded clothing. Sungyeol doesn't wait to fully catch his breath before he throws an arm across Hoya's body and starts kissing a line from Hoya's shoulder to his neck. His skin is damp with sweat and sticky against Sungyeol's arm, but Sungyeol doesn't mind. Hoya's chest moves in a steady rhythm as he lets out a quiet hum in response. Sungyeol trails his lips up Hoya's neck to mouth at the space just under his ear. Hoya's lips are parted and waiting for him when Sungyeol finally reaches his mouth. The kiss is long and deep and Sungyeol smiles to himself at the soft whine he gets from Hoya when he pulls away.

"Now we can sleep," he states decisively. It takes a bit of nudging, but Sungyeol gets Hoya to lay under the covers with him and they settle back into the same position after Sungyeol makes a quick trip to turn off the light. It's probably not the best idea to go to sleep when they've made a mess of the sheets and themselves. It'll be uncomfortable waking up stuck to each other, but for now Sungyeol likes the feeling of Hoya's hot skin on his and the sound of his heartbeat in his ear. For now, that's all that matters.

 

 

 

If You’re Wondering If I Want You To

Myungsoo doesn't usually chase after girls. Most of the time he doesn't even notice them. But when he does, he tends to fall in love at first sight. (Sungyeol likes to say that Myungsoo falls in love every time he turns around.) It doesn't get much further than that, though, because he never makes the first move. While he would say that he's rendered speechless in the face of unearthly beauty, Sungyeol says it's because he's a wimp. The last time Myungsoo fell had been near the end of the last school year.

On a rainy spring day he meets the most beautiful girl he's ever seen (well, one of—there are an awful lot of beautiful girls). He's heading back to his dorm after stopping at the coffee shop where Sungyeol works to annoy his friend when he gets caught in a sudden downpour. The clouds had been menacingly dark for most of the day and the rain finally breaks through. Unprepared for the change in weather, Myungsoo makes a dash for shelter under the awning of a nearby shop. He doesn't realize someone else is seeking refuge like him until he bumps into them as he steps out of the way of someone exiting the shop. His apology sticks in his throat when he turns and ends up face-to-face with a goddess. With her long damp hair sticking to her cheeks and a worried frown etched on her face, Myungsoo feels a strong urge to take off his jacket and wrap it around her shoulders. He resists the cheesy action in favor of openly staring (gaping, really)—not that that's any better. The girl gives him a small nod in acknowledgement of the apology Myungsoo still hasn't given before shifting her gaze back to the rain coming down in big, fat drops.

Myungsoo pauses his staring when a thought occurs to him. "Don't go anywhere," he nearly shouts at her. "Please." It comes as an afterthought as he's about to go into the shop they're standing in front of. She has no obligation to listen to some random stranger, even if they're both stuck waiting out a storm. But Myungsoo still hopes she does. He thanks his luck that they're at a convenience store of all places. He glances periodically out of the large windows at the front of the store to make sure his weird request hasn't caused the girl to flee as he searches the store. It takes a good five minutes for him to find what he's looking for. He doesn't bother with a bag as he pays for the item and leaves as quickly as he had come in.

The rain still hasn't let up when Myungsoo goes back outside. And he's grateful for it otherwise he'd look really stupid holding an umbrella like he's currently doing. The girl looks down at the umbrella then back up to Myungsoo's face. "You looked like you needed it," Myungsoo explains himself quietly. He's not prepared for the dimpled smile that breaks out on her face.

"Thank you." With the addition of her voice Myungsoo is sure he must have died and gone to Heaven. (If shortness of breath and heart palpitations are appropriate symptoms of ascension.) His hand is as slack as his jaw as she finally accepts the umbrella. "Are you coming?" Myungsoo snaps out of his daze to see that the girl hasn't stepped out from under the awning despite having already opened the umbrella. "You need it just as much as I do," she answers his confused silence.

Myungsoo slowly joins her under the umbrella and they step out onto the sidewalk together. There's a certain intimacy to huddling together to stay dry. It's like they're in their own little bubble. Although Myungsoo's love-struck brain prefers the scenario of them as a happy couple out for a romantic stroll in the rain. Today must really be his lucky day. He kind of wants to slap himself to make sure he's awake and that all of this is really happening. But if he wants to have even the slightest chance with her, he probably shouldn't scare her away. He almost ends up back in the rain when the girl suddenly turns to him. "I'm Woohee, by the way," she says with a smile. Myungsoo gets lost in the dimple in her cheek for a moment before he remembers he's supposed to say something back.

"Myungsoo. I'm—uh, it's nice to meet you."

He walks Woohee to a bus stop a couple blocks away, too nervous to say anything else. They go back and forth with the umbrella for a minute with Myungsoo's best reason for giving it to her being that he doesn't want her to get wet. (He almost physically cringes from embarrassment.) Woohee argues that since he bought it he should keep it. And then she smiles and Myungsoo caves. He stays until her bus comes and tries not to further embarrass himself when she waves goodbye before boarding.

And that was the last he saw of her.

Okay, so it's not as dramatic as that (and Myungsoo may embellish the story a tiny bit when he retells it). But it really does seem like that had been their first and last meeting. At least until they happen to meet again.

Months have passed and it's already well into a new school year. Myungsoo's in line in the cafeteria, grabbing a quick bite before his next class. He makes the healthy choice of pizza with a side of salad and then heads straight for the desserts. He doesn't usually go for sweet things, but he's been craving them lately. (Sungyeol, being the comedian he is, keeps joking that it means Myungsoo must be pregnant.) Amongst the pastries and cute slices of cake is one lone cupcake and Myungsoo zeroes in on it immediately. He doesn't expect the girl in front of him to reach for the dessert at the same time as him, though. Their fingers touch and a small volt of electricity passes between them. Myungsoo looks up to meet the girl's equally surprised eyes and falls in love all over again. It's Woohee. He hasn’t forgotten her name or her face and as impossible as it might be, he thinks she's gotten even more beautiful since their first meeting.

"You're that guy." It's a relief to see that meeting him again brings a smile to her face. It also bodes well for Myungsoo if he can muster up the courage to ask her out. "Myungsoo, right," Woohee asks.

Myungsoo blushes at the sound of his name coming from her lips. "Yeah, that's me," he replies. Looking away first, his eyes fall back onto the cupcake. "Here, you can have it," he says as he picks up the dessert and holds it out to her. As badly as he'd wanted it, he would rather let her have it.

"No, you should have it. I owe you for the umbrella anyway."

Much like the first time, Myungsoo weakens easily under the brightness of her smile. "Okay..." He pauses for a moment to think of how he can give Woohee back the cupcake. But before he can say anything else, Sungyeol's booming voice interrupts him. If ever Myungsoo wanted to crawl under a rock for the rest of his life, it's now.

"What's taking so long? Are you getting one of everything?" Sungyeol throws an arm around Myungsoo's shoulder when he reaches his friend's side. There's a petulant pout on his lips that Myungsoo guesses is from sitting by himself for too long. His eyes widen in surprise when he sees the girl standing in front of them and he realizes Myungsoo isn't alone. "Oh, who's this? What happened to that goddess you met in the rain," he asks, turning his attention back to his friend. He may or may not be oblivious to the embarrassed blush on Myungsoo's face. "I thought you said you'd never find anyone as beautiful as her."

Myungsoo closes his eyes, horrified at the words coming out of his so-called-friend's mouth and terrified of Woohee's reaction. "Sungyeol. Can you please just stop talking?" He opens his eyes to glare up at Sungyeol, who has the nerve to look offended.

"What's your deal?" He takes his arm from around Myungsoo's shoulder and steals the cupcake out of Myungsoo's hand before stomping away with a huff.

The happiness of having Sungyeol's loud mouth finally gone is short-lived. Woohee's still there, eyebrows raised in a silent question. Myungsoo feels like whatever fighting chance he'd thought he had is slipping through his fingers. This is why he never acts on his crushes. He always ends up embarrassing himself somehow. "Any chance you didn't hear any of that?"

To his surprise (and immense relief), Woohee smiles at him again. "So you don't think I'm a goddess?"

Myungsoo fumbles for a response, his words coming out half-formed. "N-no, I do," he stutters. "I think you're gorgeous, actually." Flustered by his own words, he looks away. He takes a deep breath to steel himself for the leap he's about to take. "Would you maybe want to go out sometime, um, with me? If you don't mind forgetting the last five minutes." His palms are slippery with sweat. He'd probably drop his tray if he didn't already have a tight grip on it.

Woohee is quiet for a moment as she thinks it over. It's the most nerve-wracking ten seconds of Myungsoo's life so far. "I'd like that," she says finally. "How's Friday?"

 

 

 

I Want You To, So Make the Move

"So how is it?"

Woohyun takes another sip of the cocktail Sunggyu had placed in front of him almost as soon as he had sat down. He'd looked incredibly proud of himself (and unbearably cute) as he insisted on Woohyun trying the drink. Woohyun couldn't have turned him down even if he wanted to. It's only Sunggyu's third day on the job and Woohyun's already head over heels. Actually, it's been that way since the first night. Woohyun had come into the bar with his friends expecting a night of much needed unwinding. Instead his eyes had fallen on the new face behind the bar and it hadn't taken long for him to ditch Myungsoo, Sungyeol, and Hoya in favor of getting to know the unfairly hot new bartender.

In the two hours he had spent befriending Sunggyu, Woohyun learned that the other is a music theory major in his last year, but he'd started out in law. That Sunggyu is new to bartending and only applied because he doesn't sleep much at night and he figures he might as well get paid for it. Woohyun thinks Sunggyu is a perfect bartender. Not so much the making the drinks part (that could use some work); more so the customer service part. He's actually really good at talking to people despite how shy he had seemed when Woohyun first approached him. Woohyun finds Sunggyu very likable—although, it's a very different kind of like than the one he would use to describe most of the people he knows.

"It's not bad," Woohyun replies with an encouraging smile. The mixture of gin and orange juice sits warm in his stomach. "What's it called, anyway?"

Sunggyu's mouth quirks with restrained laughter. He leans against the counter and subsequently closer to Woohyun."I don't know if I should tell you."

"Why? Is it dirty?" Sunggyu looks way too happy as he nods. "I think I can handle it," Woohyun says, taking a bigger gulp of the drink.

"It's a Sloe Screw," Sunggyu states bluntly. He finally bursts out laughing when Woohyun chokes on the cocktail, oblivious to the curious stares his laughter attracts. Woohyun avoids Sunggyu's eyes as the other hands him a napkin to wipe his mouth. Despite his previous confidence, blood rushes to his cheeks from embarrassment. Of all the dirty things in Woohyun's mind, that wasn't one of them. "Actually, you look more like a Sloe Comfortable Screw kind of guy," Sunggyu teases. He's still chuckling like he told the funniest joke.

Woohyun scowls at him, unimpressed. "Are you enjoying yourself?" As annoyed as he sounds, Woohyun is actually enjoying the sight of Sunggyu smiling, especially since it's because of him.

"Okay, I'll stop," Sunggyu finally concedes. He's still leaning on the counter, the sleeves of his white button-up folded to expose his forearms. (That combined with the striped red tie and his slightly messy hair is slowly driving Woohyun crazy, but he tries to focus on their conversation instead of his attraction. Which isn't an easy feat.) "If you come back tomorrow I promise I'll learn to make a very simple, non-ual drink." Sunggyu even holds out his pinkie like it'll be a binding agreement.

Woohyun looks from Sunggyu's outstretched hand to his face. His smile is sincere as he waits for Woohyun's response. While Woohyun is flattered that Sunggyu would learn to make a drink just for him, a better idea occurs to him. "Why don't you sing for me instead," he suggests, wrapping his pinkie around Sunggyu's. The smile on Sunggyu's face drops instantly. Woohyun feels his confidence returning now that the tables have turned. "You didn't think you could tell me you were studying music and I wouldn't ask you to sing, did you?"

Sunggyu tries to pull his hand from Woohyun's, but the other holds on tightly. "I like my plan better," he says and Woohyun thinks he hears a whine in Sunggyu's voice.

"Don't worry, I won't laugh at you if you ."

"I don't ."

Woohyun smirks at Sunggyu, already feeling like he's won. "Prove it, then."

Unfortunately, Sunggyu doesn't give in as easily as Woohyun had thought. He finally pulls his hand from Woohyun's and crosses his arms over his chest. "And what do I get out of this?"

Woohyun hesitates, unsure of how forward he should be. If he hasn't misread the chemistry between them then this is a perfect opportunity for him to ask Sunggyu out. It feels like Sunggyu treats him differently than the other bar patrons; like they've been friends for a long time. And Woohyun can't help wondering if that's a sign that Sunggyu's interested in him. He drains the last of the cocktail to bide his time as he considers the best approach. "How about I buy you dinner?"

There's a pause before Sunggyu says, "I'm not that cheap." Woohyun can only roll his eyes. He has only known Sunggyu a few days, but he can already tell the other is going to be a handful to deal with. He's not even upset about sort of being turned down. "Actually, I have a better idea." Dread fills Woohyun's stomach at the smile that spreads on Sunggyu's face as he points his chin at a corner of the bar. When Woohyun turns to look he sees a tiny, unused stage and then his eyes fall on the karaoke machine. He looks back at Sunggyu incredulously.

"You're not serious."

Sunggyu shrugs, more relaxed than he's been since the mention of singing. "It's a win-win, isn't it? You get to hear me sing and I get... To be impressed or entertained?"

"You sound like you already think I'll be terrible," Woohyun scoffs.

With his arms still crossed, Sunggyu leans on the counter again. His face is closer than before. Close enough that Woohyun holds his breath as Sunggyu's eyes rove over his face. "I guess you should prove me wrong then."

That's definitely challenge. And Woohyun doesn't hesitate to take him up on it. He shortens the distance between them a little bit. Sunggyu, to his credit, doesn't flinch at their close proximity and Woohyun can't tell if that's a good thing or not. "Another Sloe Screw first," he says as he slides his empty glass over to Sunggyu.