00001

IT WAS POSSIBLE

Loud voices were heard even from outside the apartment which was shared by Yuri and Jessica. Memories had been too sweet for them to engage in a fight. They never quarrel, one person would always be understanding and consoling for the other. Yuri never flared up like this in front of Jessica before, she had good control of her temper and she believes that everything could be settled through decent conversations. But this night was just different, now she wondered why she screamed hurtful words at the top of her lungs towards Jessica, the only love of her life.


Bags zipped up and a shout came, “don’t ever show your face again!” Yuri shouted from the bathroom door as she threw a towel in Jessica’s direction. The other slammed the door and finally silence fell into the room. Yuri felt her world tumble down as she fell down on the cold tiles of the bathroom floor. She lay motionless as the cold floor slowly numbs her feelings. 


Jessica had been biting her lower lip when whole time she was packing her things. Not a word uttered, not a hint of emotion was seen in her stoic face as she left Yuri’s apartment. She held her breath as much as possible and she doesn’t know if she could ever breathe again, now that her heart is breaking into small pieces with each step away from her. 
Jessica was out of the building. It was dark and cold but she didn’t give a damn. Not even glancing once back to the apartment she reached the street and hailed a cab, from all the stress of the day she unconsciously ventured into the magical realm of dreams and fantasy. She let herself escape the pain and forgot reality for a while. 


The taxi driver noticed that his passenger gone to sleep and did not hesitate to take advantage of his luck. 


“Just my night,” he muttered with extreme excitement as he parked his taxi into somewhere dark and not too many people in sight. 


“This will be our little dark secret baby,” an evil grin plastered on his scrawny face as his hand slowly finds its way up to Jessica’s shirt slowly lifting it up. 
His eyes lit up when Jessica’s flawless tummy was on sight. A soft sound was heard from the girl which made him flinched. Jessica suddenly jolted up as she realized the situation but the man prevented her from leaving the car and pinned her down. She yelped in pain from the grip and kicked aimlessly. The man freed her groaning in pain. She ran with trembling hands and feet, nothing in mind just to get away from the man. She found her way towards the beach and crashed onto the sand where the waves reached her. With a heavy burden on her chest she cried and cried loudly followed by a sniff or two. Two hands buried on her face while hot tears continuously roll down her cheeks, falling into the waves that came to her back and forth. Darkness, sea breeze, and the sound of the soothing waves could be her sole source of comfort now. 



Jessica never thought about her actions well and doesn’t care who she might hurt. Now, it’s too late to think about it, “what have I done?” she raised a question while shaking her head.


“What did you do?” a voice came from behind uttered with such gentleness. 


Jessica sniffed twice before wiping off her tears and looked back.



Jessica looked at the stranger as hard as she could but only a blur image registers in her mind. Not in the mood to talk Jessica could only send out a bad vibe but she stood up. 
The stranger came two steps forward but only a silhouette was formed. Taken aback Jessica drew one step behind.


“Hey, don’t be afraid. Im not going to hurt you,” the stranger reassured her, “are you staying at the resort too?”


No response came. Jessica don’t know how to react. It seemed like her mind had a malfunction along with her heart. She felt her feet pinned on the sand as the waves continued to reach her somehow.


A sigh came before the stranger talked again, “I’m sorry to bother your drama here in the dark and good thing you chose a place where not much people would want to be. Just be careful especially at this time of night. Oh and uhm I wont be surprised when they report tomorrow morning that a girl’s body was found here lifeless with 10 deep stabs on her chest. Good night and take care.” 


The stranger walked towards a resort nearby leaving the ever baffled Jessica behind. The scared, hurt, penniless and lost Jessica gulfed down all her pride and ran after the stranger.

Not too far away the stranger stopped and turned around which made her stop on her tracks too.


“Are you following me?” the stranger frowned at Jessica. This time a dim light post shed some illumination onto the stranger’s face. Jessica stood gaping in disbelief how angelic this person looks.


“uhm..” before Jessica could even say anything the later spoke up.


“I hope I didn’t scare you too much, by the way I’m Tiffany Hwang,” she smiled then held up a hand to Jessica but she just stared at it.


“I swore i saw her eyes smiled too or was my brain tricking me?” Jessica mumbles almost inaudibly. 


Tiffany put her hand down to her side, “okay, so you are not into handshakes.” 


Silence, long awkward silence and exchanged glances was shared between them. Oh how Tiffany hated those moments.


Tiffany being a jolly person, would not usually go for a long night walk alone but tonight was different. It’s as if the night is calling her to go for a solemn walk along the beach. 


Having a gut feeling that this night would be the solution to the never ending emptiness inside her heart. 


She could return to the resort and party all night long with her friends and have a blast with a hot-looking stranger at the bar but here she was, having a staring contest with a completely stunning stranger she had ever seen (with the help of a dim light post). 


“Are we just going to stare at each other?” Tiffany finally spoke up.


“I.. I” Jessica’s tears welled up in her eyes again and her voice was cracking up.


“Why don’t you come with me to the resort, you don’t have a place to go right?” 





They’ve reached Tiffany’s room and no words were exchanged between them.


Tiffany went into the bathroom, “wait a sec, you need clothes to wear.”


Jessica was half wet from kneeling down the sand. She didn’t even want to think why a stranger was being so kind to her. Her head hurts too much or was it her heart? She doesn’t know anymore as she stared at the comfy-looking bed. Her feet dragged her onto the bed and once again she felt a tinge of gladness in her broken heart. It was possible. 



“Here you go…” Tiffany’s voice trailed off as she saw her bed being occupied by ‘she haven’t introduced herself yet but she sure looks like an angel’ Tiffany thought. 


Tiffany lay on her bed beside Jessica. Wide awake and not going to sleep any sooner Tiffany cant help but think why the pretty girl was crying all alone in the dark part of the beach. ‘If she fought with her boyfriend he must have called her or something, isn’t he worried by now?*sigh*’ 


Tiffany peeked one eye at Jessica and admired how calm she looked now, unlike before. Her eyes were red from crying, her clothes wet and sandy.


“Oh my,” Tiffany said in a low voice as she jolted up from the bed, “shouldn’t I change her clothes? She might get sick sleeping with wet clothes.”


She looked at Jessica hesitantly before removing her clothes, “well we are both girls.” Tiffany smirked.



Tiffany slightly opened her eyes, “uh morning already? What time did I even sleep?” she tried to move but a leg spread on her body prevented her and Jessica’s head was on her shoulder, no wonder why it hurts like hell now that she was aware. Jessica curled into a semi-curve beside Tiffany enjoying the warmth the other emits.


“Thank you,” a sweet angelic voice said. 


Tiffany immediately faced Jessica and the other got up from the bed and bowed 90 degrees. Tiffany carefully eyed her, “I’ll be on my way now, thank you for letting me stay and sorry for all the trouble.” 


“Wait, uhm that’s it? I-I- I don’t even know your name?” Tiffany protested.


“I’m Jessica Jung,” she held her breath with an awkward pause, “would you mind if I invite you for breakfast? It’s the least I could do for-”



“Sure,” Tiffany jumped out of the bed and went to the bathroom to change.


Inside the bathroom Tiffany looked at her reflection on the mirror, ‘what should I wear? Do I put on make-up? What perfume should… ohmo why am I so excited? Did I look excited? Maybe she thinks I’m too easy?' 


Tiffany was indeed an over thinker but she didn’t care.






After eating breakfast the two still wasn’t talking. What were strangers supposed to say to each other? Their hearts was crying out loud to reach each other but neither would want to eat their pride. ‘I don’t want to sound so nosy.’ Both take pride of being stubborn as well. 






They ended up taking a stroll on the beach going back to the resort. This whole thing was composed of pure agony and silence. 


Tiffany can no longer contain the words she wanted to say and ask the girl. She bit her lower lip and took a deep breath.


“Jessi—“ 


Tiffany stopped right on her track as Jessica suddenly ran towards a tall girl with long black hair. 


Tiffany’s jaw dropped, ‘that was rude’ she thought. But she didn’t know what would happen next. 


*slap*



Tiffany clearly saw that from a distance. With all confusion in the world she could only blink several times. 


Tiffany knows it was not her business. 


She knows she was no longer needed. 


She knows and too familiar with those kind of situations. 


She knows she has no place.


She knows her heart was breaking right on the spot. 


She could only walk away with a heavy heart.







“I’m sorry Jessica,” Yuri said it all with regret. 


“I’m the one who’s sorry Yul, I didn’t know you could let me go believing other people so easily. I tried to hold on but you let me fell. I love you but you know what it’s funny because I felt more love. I didn’t know how but I felt more needed and appreciated by someone whom I just met but felt so comfortable with,” Jessica said those words with a mixture of hatred and joy.


“It’s possible,” Yuri said with teary eyes, “Sica, I love you and you won’t know how much. I waited for you to say those same words to me but seems like I lost you just like that.” 
Yuri bit her lip- hard. She looked away, tears running endlessly, “I know it was possible, you seemed happier Sica. I could see right through your cold persona that you are melting by her overflowing affection. I had a feeling you needed something more than what I could give. Go on, run after her. Don’t let her go and don’t cry anymore.” Yuri held Jessica’s face delicately and let off a small chuckle. Her eyes signaled her to go and follow her ‘heart’.


Jessica smiled at her tenderly and hugged her tightly, “thank you for everything Yul. I wont forget about us and I’m sorry.”





“HEY!!!leaving me so soon?” Jessica threw a ball of sand which landed on Tiffany’s head.


Tiffany looked at Jessica, the other looked back teasingly. They ran and splashed water to each other with smiles plastered on their face. Smiles never going away. I could sense that their heart smiled too. ^^



Outraged. Happy. Contented. Overwhelmed. Say all the words but nothing would compare to what they felt. Put an exclamatory point on every word and still not it. How would you even describe love at first sight? Only their hearts could tell the whole story without even trying so hard. Silence could sometimes say a lot. Who knew IT WAS POSSIBLE. 



END