Words, Pages, Kisses

Words, Pages, Kisses

Original post found in my EXO Tumblr blog

The light from the lamp desk burned your eyes for a split second when you lifted your head up from reading your book. You rolled your head around and your shoulders back, hearing them pop. Ah, that felt good. You decided to stop reading from your desk since your back was killing you. Your bed beckoned you to come over and you complied, propping your pillow onto your lap as you rest your back against the wall. You were about to start the next chapter when you felt your mattress sinking on one side.

“New book?” He asked. You nodded your head, your eyes not leaving the page. Kris inched closer to you and leaned forward, making you feel his prickly hair brushing against your cheek.

“What’s it about?”

“World War II. Husband went to fight in war, wife and daughter got trapped by enemy. Wife’s sister fell in love but got betrayed. Basically about the wife and her sister.”

“You’re terrible at summarizing.” Your eyes flickered toward him and he smirked at you when you gave him a glare.

“Don’t you need to look over your script for the filming tomorrow?” He shrugged and pressed his back against the wall, his shoulders brushing against yours.

“I will have enough time to look over it when I’m in the car.” When you shifted your attention back to the book, Kris suddenly puts his arm around your shoulder and tugged you closer.

“I want to read it too.”

“But I’m already in chapter four.”

“You can reread it.”

“But we read in a different pace.”

“Then you can read it out loud for both of us.” You looked back at Kris with one of your eyebrows raised.

“Really now?” He took the book away from your hands and flipped back to the first page.

“Here.” You muttered out several words of complaint, but eventually start reading out loud to him.

“If I have learned anything in this long life of mine, it is this: In love we find out who we want to be; in war we find out who we are. Today’s young people want to know everything about everyone. They think talking about a problem will solve it. I come from a quieter generation. We understand the value of forgetting, the lure of reinvention.”

-Hannah, Kristin. The Nightingale


You read two chapters in one go, pausing for a brief moment to drink some water. Kris nestled his chin on your hair, pushing his lips into the threadlike strands as he whispered comments about the book. You slid down a bit so you can rest your head on his chest, feeling it rise and fall as he breathes.

You were halfway through chapter three when you felt your eyelids drooping, ready to fall asleep. Kris noticed your sleepy state when your voice started to turn softer so he gently took the book away from your hands and put it down on the corner of the mattress.

“Go to sleep.” You turn your head so your cheek is pressing against his chest.

“I want to sleep like this, it’s more comfortable.” He chuckled softly and you could feel his chest rising up and down rapidly from the action. He circled his arms around you and pulled you in closer. You folded your legs in and tilted your head up to look at him.

“Hmm?” He asked, looking back at you.

“Nothing.” You just want to look at him; look at his beautiful eyes through his long eyelashes, look at his sharp nose bridge, and look at his soft, pink lips that’s urging you to kiss it. You craned your neck and extended your arm, running your fingers on his stubble, feeling it prick against your fingers. Kris stopped you with his hand when your thumb grazed over his bottom lip.

“You’re not going to sleep without a good-night kiss huh?” Before you can even open your mouth to answer back, he stooped his head and lifted your chin up before brushing his lips against yours. You pushed your lips forward, kissing his soft lips that carried a hint of mint from the toothpaste. Kris slowly lie down onto the mattress as he kissed you, pushing you down with him. As he lie on top of you, he accidentally kicked the book off from the mattress with his long limbs and you stopped the kissing when you heard it fell. He heard it too and reached over to the floor to pick it up.

“I guess it wanted us to finish chapter three.” You smiled and reached for the book, but Kris stopped you.

“Let me read it.” He lean his back against the backboard and wrapped his arm around you when you lean your head onto his chest. You closed your eyes as he reads in his low and alluring voice. Kris kept reading until he felt you jerked, meaning that you were falling asleep. He closed the book and laid it on the other side of the mattress.

“You didn’t even had a proper good-night kiss.” He murmured, combing some strands of hair away from your face before kissing you on the forehead.

“Good night baobei.” He whispered into your ear before nestling his cheek onto your hair and closing his eyes.