Chapter One : Don't Flirt

When Time Stops

Skye rustled her hand through her bag, the other four girls waited patiently for her to open the door to their dorm. The girls had just come home from their monthly assessments. Time was approaching 9:00pm, and the girls were already tired. “Where is my key?” Skye stated, she was beginning to get frustrated. “Like we would know” Anastasia replied, “do one of you have a key?” Skye asked her fellow group mates. “You told us not to worry about it, since you had yours” Anastasia stated back, rolling her eyes at the blonde digging through her blue and white striped bag. “I might” Breyer opened her purse and began to look for her key. “I’m goin’ to get a coffee” Anastasia her heels and headed back down towards the elevators. None of the girls followed. Breyer pulled out her key, and quickly began to open the door. “Come on, damn key” she said as she shook the key in the lock. “You have got to be kidding me” Eryn sighed and began hitting her head against the wall. “Come on, come on, come on” Breyer repeated lowly under her breath, wiggling the key. “Hey!” yelled a deep voice from the down hall, “Hey Mino” Skye replied knowing who it was just by his tone of voice, she watched Mino, Seunghoon, and Taehyun walk towards them. “Your key better work, cause I’m hungry and we need dinner” Emily told Breyer who still struggled with her key. “Locked out?” Mino stopped with a chuckle and looked at Breyer now down on her knees fighting with the lock. “No, we just thought it would be fun to pretend we are, yes we’re locked out” Skye answered, as if he had been annoying her for hours. “No need to get snappy” Mino placed a hand to the top of Skye’s head. Seunghoon nearly hit the floor laughing, as he pointed at Eryn who repeatedly hit her forehead against the wall. Taehyun watched her before walking up beside her. He bent down to look at her face. He tried desperately to hold back his laughter, and he was roughly 80 percent successful. Eryn stopped and glared at him. “What?” she said, by her tone of voice you could tell the girls were on edge, their day had been a long one and they obviously just wanted some time to relax. Getting locked out of their dorm was not on their to do lists. Taehyun shrugged and shook his head. Eryn then returned to hitting the wall with her forehead, Taehyun quickly raised a hand to block her forehead from the wall. “Got it!” Breyer exclaimed with excitement as she pushed open the door. “Finally!” Emily followed Breyer into the dorm, Skye followed her. Eryn stopped hitting her head off of Taehyun’s palm, and walked in. Mino shook his head, and followed the girls in. Taehyun looked down at his hand that Eryn had been hitting her head off of. He shook it and looked at it as if it was in pain. Seunghoon and Taehyun walked into the girls dorm. Skye walked for the kitchen along with Breyer, she came to a skidding stop, turning on her heels and walking back out of the kitchen. She walked up to Mino and and placed her hands on both of his shoulders. She forcedly turned him around to face the door. "Leave" she instructed giving him a slight shove. "You too" she glared across the room at Seunghoon and Taehyun. Seunghoon shrugged and walked to take a hand full of chips from a bowl on the girl's coffee table. "I said get out, let us eat in peace, urgh! You're aggravating me" Skye continued to push Mino, and glare at Seunghoon. Eryn walked quietly up beside Taehyun grabbing into his arm, she walked him to her bedroom. Taehyun watched as they walked. Eryn closed her door being sure not to make a noticeable sound, she walked to the side of her bed, sitting down on the edge of it she raised an eyebrow at Taehyun. He followed her actions, sitting beside her. "You realize your sister is going to want me out too, right?" Taehyun sai raising an eyebrow at his best friend. "Well if you'd shut up, maybe she won't realize" Eryn replied, "so~, were just gonna sit here, in silence" Taehyun pointed out, he brought both eyebrows up in the center and looks at Eryn. Eryn nodded. "What the hell is the point then, if we..." Taehyun started to continue in argument, but he stopped speaking when he saw Eryn's glare. "Taehyun! Aish, you too!" Skye opened Eryn's bedroom door, yelling. She pointed out of Eryn's room. "Told you" Taehyun said sounding proud that he was right. He turned to Eryn as he stood from her bed. "Shut it" Eryn stood with him, sending a spine chilling glare at him along with her words. Yet she quickly smiled, and returned to her usual cheerful self. "Bye bye Tae-Tae" Eryn leaned into Taehyun for a hug. Anastasia scoffed before saying “cut it out love birds”. Eryn stepped away from Taehyun, and turned to Anastasia. Taehyun some what smirked at her words, before shaking his head. “Bye~” Taehyun dragged out his voice, and turned dramatically for the door. “Bye Taehyun!” Emily yelled as he opened the door. A few of the other girls said goodbye too. “Wait Air” he spun back, peaking into the girl’s dorm room before Skye could close the door on him. He began his words with his usual nickname for Eryn. Air. “Text me” he stated with a closed mouth smile, “Alright Tae, see ya” Eryn replied with a slight laugh, he smiled brightly at her. “Urgh! Goodbye Taehyun!” Skye raised her voice. Taehyun raised his eyebrows in, and pinches his lips together. “Bye” he spoke and turned out of the door frame. Skye watches him run down the hall to catch up with the others.

 

Skye shook her head as she slammed the door shut. She faced the other girls. Breyer, Anastasia, and Emily sat around the dining room table, and Eryn stood just outside her bedroom door. Skye ran her tongue on her lower teeth, and sighed in annoyment. “I hate them” she stated. Eryn tried desperately to hold back her laughter, but attempt one failed. She burst into laughter, along with the other three. “Whats for dinner?” Emily questioned as the girls laughter calmed. “I don’t know, the idiots distracted me from my thoughts” Skye complained rolling her eyes. Eryn still tried to hold in her laughter, letting few giggles out. She rolled in her lips, and nodded at her sister.

 

When the girls finished their quick dinner of instant noodles they sat to relax in the living room. Anastasia put on a movie, but the five girls got bored quickly. “Ah, did you guys see Big Bang’s new photoshoot?” Anastasia began a conversation. “Cause damn they all looked good” she continued, Skye nodded with her in agreement. “You know whos cute in the company? Jinwoo is” Emily added into the conversation, nearly changing the topic. Emily has had a crush on Jinwoo since before they had even met. “Jinwoo is adorable, like actually” Skye replied. Eryn sat crosslegged in the corner of the couch, pretending to ignore her friends conversation. She knew that if she added in anything, one of them would say something about Taehyun. “Urgh, but Seungyoon though, too good looking for me to handle” Anastasia said grabbing a pillow from the couch, and sliding to the floor. “Mino” Skye states, meaning she thinks Mino is attractive. “Like that boy will be the death of   me” she adds. “Lee Hi’s not bad” Breyer says, the other three laugh, at her. “what about you Eryn? Who do you think is cute in the company?” Emily turns to the girl sitting silently on the couch. “She isn’t going to reply, it’s obvious she thinks Taehyun is cute, duh, she just won’t tell us” Anastasia points out, Eryn eyes widen. “How many times do I have to tell you guys, we are friends, get over it” she defends herself. “I do not like Tae, I won’t like Tae” she continues. “Say what you want, but your actions around him scream I’m in love” Anastasia argues back. skye lays on the floor laughing. Breyer hold in her chuckles. Eryn’s cheeks turn a light rosy pink. “Her inner thoughts are saying I love Tae, Tae is so adorable, I love him so much” Anastasia continues to bug Eryn playfully. Emily join in with Skye and Breyer’s laughter. the four all laugh at Eryn, as the blush on the apples of her cheeks becomes more vibrant. “You like him, admit it” Skye sits up poking Eryn’s leg. Eryn takes in a deep breath before sighing out. “I don’t like him!” She yells standing up from the couch and walking quickly to her room. She slams the door behind her, resting her back against it she lets out a sigh.

 

She can still hear the girls laughter through the door. She places her head back on the door sighing once again. I don’t like him she mouths to herself. “I love him” she whispers quietly, only enough for her ears to hear. She walks to her bed, sitting down on the edge. She looks down at her phone in her hands. The screen lit up, she eyes her background. A picture of her with her best friend, Taehyun. She smiles at the photo, looking at him, with a smile she sighs. “You would never like me” she speaks again only audible to her ears. Her phone goes black, and she closes her eyes slowly, shaking her head. “Urgh” She flops back onto her bed, throwing her arms out to the sides. She lays squeezing her eyes shut. Tomorrow, she speaks within her mind. She rolls to her side, turning her phone screen on once again, looking at the photo. I’ll tell you, she continues. But, I shouldn't, but I have too, she argues with herself. I will, tomorrow Taehyun, I will tell you “I love you” She speaks quietly, before smiling towards the picture of her smiling friend, crush.

 

Quickly after eating a small breakfast, Eryn runs back into her room. She grabs her phone from her side table. she looks down at the screen, today. She smiles, turning to herself in the mirror. She fixes her hair, and smiles, “good enough” she tells herself. She skips from her room. “Why are you in such a good mood?” Skye question’s her younger sister. “You look oddly happy” Emily looks at Eryn. “Yeah, why are you so happy?” Anastasia says stepping up beside Breyer. The girls all look at Eryn questioning her. “What? No reason, I just thought it was a good day to smile” Eryn smiles brightly, and rubs the back of her neck. Skye nods slowly but still looks at Eryn with a questioning expression. “Well, bye!” Eryn skips from the dorm, and down towards the elevators. She presses the button to head down to the basement floor of YG, she knows Taehyun will be there like he always is. Her phone vibrates in her pocket. She reaches in grabbing it. The screen lights up, reading New message has arrived. She swipes across her screen to open the text. She is happy to read it is from Taehyun.


 

Hey Air-ie

I have something important to tell you

meet me downstairs, by the practice rooms. Okay?

 

Eryn smiles, And begins to reply.

 

Hi Tae-Tae!

Sure, be there in a sec…

I have something important to tell you too :)

 

She presses send smiling at her text. The elevator doors open and she steps in. He heart begins to race. She takes in a deep breath, releasing it she smiles, as the elevator reaches the basement floor. She steps out, and begins to walk. a smile brightly pasted to her face. She turns the corner, Taehyun stands at the end of the hallway.He begins walking towards her, planning to meet her halfway. He looks at how youthful she looks, more then normal. He smiles back at her. She lowers her smile to a smaller one. “Hi Tae-Tae” She says taking one last step until he stands in front of her. “Hi Air” he says. “So, what is it?” she question’s him happily. He taking in a deep breath. “Well,” he begins. Eryn smiles at him, and he slightly smiles back. “I have a girlfriend” he states. Eryn’s smile drops immediately. Her eyes widen and she looks straight forward. His statement echoes in her mind. She breathes slowly, as if it was helping the pain she felt in her heart. She could nearly feel the shards of her broken heart piercing everywhere in her body making it feel weak. “Wow, I’m happy for you” She speaks nodding slightly, although her own words felt like a knife to her heart. He smiles at her, but she still looks as shocked as ever. ‘So what was it you wanted to tell me?” he asks her, placing his thumb to her chin raising her face to face him. “Oh, nothing, I, uh, forget” she speaks. Turning her head to remove his hand from her. “I, uh, have to go” she tells him, turning around she walks back down her tracks. She steps into the elevator, she stands breathing slowly, trying to calm herself and accept the news she has just heard. She knows she could never accept it honestly, but on the other hand she knows she should be happy for her best friend she care so much for. “I was too late” she speaks out to herself, her eyes filling with tears. With one blink a tear runs down her cheek. “I” she starts again. The elevator almost at her floor. “Because I said I would say it today,” she continues “I love you Taehyun” she says softly and quietly. More tears drips one by one down her face. She steps from the elevator, walking slowly with her head down to her dorm. She opens the door. “You’re home already?” Skye asks as her sister walks through the door. Eryn begins to cry harder and walk straight for her room. “Someone has mood swings” Anastasia speaks, “are you okay?” Breyer asks. But Eryn ignores everyone, and walks straight into her room. She sits down on her bed. Letting her tears fall harder.