A Self-Interview 2016-02-16

Dabble, Ramble, & Babble

This is one of those "About the Writer" crappy posts that seem to be trending on AFF for quite a while now.  However, since I don't want to come off as too much of an attention-grabber and that this post is really a self-reflection, I'll post this randomness here instead.

C = the interviewer; M = the interviewee


C:  Thank you for procrastinating on your work in order to accept this interview tonight.

M:  Oh, no problem!  The pleasure is all mine!  

C:  Okay, let's get right down to business.  What or who brought you to AFF in the first place?  

M:  My sudden strange for a Chanyeol/Song Gayeon fanfic.  Then, the death of Winglin.net made me stay for good.

C:  I noticed that you seemed to be really good with updates when you first started at this site.  However, nowadays, it seemed you just don't give a fudge anymore.  What gives?

M:  Well, when I first started here, I just quitted my job as a senior accountant due to personal & health reasons, so I had plenty of free time.  Then, I dated around for a bit with the sudden free time that I had.  Unfortunately, nothing worked out and one guy really broke my heart so I ended up slowing down with my updates for the first time.  I mean, who would have the will & muse to write cute & fluffy romance when she's heart-broken?  That's just twisted.  Anyways, eventually, got the opportunity to start a family business that's totally different from my last job (but where my true passion lies).  Except, I'm still handling quite a bit of accounting tasks.  Asides from work (which makes me very sleep-deprived as I usually sleep at 12-1am or occasionally at 3-4am just to get up at 9am in the morning), I'm quite easily distracted with gaming, dramas, & doing online version of window-shopping.  So yea, basically why my updates are slower nowadays.

C:  Why do you write?  And, why do you write fanfics?

M:  I write because it's one of the most accessible form of creativity to me and it makes me happy.  In fact, it saved me from depression for a couple of times already.  Most of the time, I end up writing fanfics after I can't find anything to satisfy my reading craving.

C:  Are you going to try and publish a book one day?

M:  I have thought about it before (probably like most writers here), but I've come to the conclusion of just enjoying the process of writing and crafting of a story for now.

C:  Which of your stories is your favourite?

M:  That's a difficult question...I think I like most of them except for my Chanyeol/Song Gayeon stories.

C:  Oh, I see.  How come you don't like your Chanyeol/Song Gayeon stories?  What about your other stories that are your favourites?  What do you like about them?

M:  My Chanyeol/Song Gayeon stories are really lame.  Actually, I did like I Don't Care About Him/Her at one point, but I eventually got a tiny bit annoyed with towards the end of the story's journey since that was around the time I got heart-broken.  Also, interesting fact:  originally this story was inspired by a Miroku/Kikyo (from the anime/manga Inuyasha) fanfic and the original pairing of this story was supposed to be Ron Ng/Leila Tong.  With regards to what do I like about my other stories that are my favourites (not including drabbles & not in any particular order):

First & Eleventh - It's about Yamapi/Erika Toda that no Japanese TV station is giving me despite their apparent chemistry.  It's one of the rarer stories that I actually have a practical knowledge on with regards to the occupation and that it's being the focus.  First story that I'll be using to practice on my food & drink descriptions.

A Decade Later - My limit on romcom & fluff.  This story makes me smile and cringe.  It's lovely to run wild with my crazy ideas.  It should be quite obvious that I based Joongki's character on my ideal type, which I haven't met yet.  *le sigh*.

Our Third Story - LOL haven't even started on this one yet...but I think I will like it for the heart-throbbing angst romance.

Switch! Mr. Overachiever & Mr. Underachiever - My attempt at full-on bromance.  Bromance...I repeat: "B-r-o-m-a-n-c-e", not .  I have always enjoyed cop stories so why not write my own unique take on it?

Myosotis - A Single Day - Obvious crackship is obvious.  This "fudger" made me depressed (no, just normal depressed, not clinical depressed).  It's weird but I like the weirdness of this one.

An Irreversible Trade-off - An exciting experiment in which I really enjoy trolling my leading lady.

The Youth Manual - I only like two out the three one-shots that I wrote...and it's obvious which ones I like the most, because interestingly enough, my preference coincide with the mass this time.

The Wiseman, the Opportunist, and the Insane - I know that I'll like the chemistry of the three main characters of the story...I just know it.

C:  You seem to spazz a lot about non-kpop stuff and a lot C-pop stuff...are you an anti-kpop fan?  And are you from the communist party?

M:  No, I'm not anti-kpop.  In fact, I have a lot of faves  who reside in the kpop lala land (mostly kpop girl groups and actors/actresses though LOL).  However, I have to admit that I'm not as obsessed as I used to be with the kpop scene.  As for spazzing a lot of C-pop stuff.  Well, it's obvious that's what I'm obsessing over these days!  Haha...not a political fan in general (but in case of misunderstanding:  No, I'm not a communist).

C:  Okay, cut the boring crap.  What's unique or interesting about you?

M:  Er...my first job was with the army.  Does that count?  Also, I'm really good at fortune-telling (mainly birth-chart readings & some predictive astrology)...but I don't read for people nowadays because it gives me bad luck (ie. it scared off a couple of my dates because of how accurate my reading was T_____T).  So, I'm just gonna stick with the research aspect of the subject instead.

C:  Hm...need to get back to work.  Let's continue this interview some other time.

M:  Lol okay.  I was afk most of the time anyways.

 


 

Lol I know that I'm weird.  XD  Now, cross fingers & hope there aren't many stupid typos.

God dammit...so freakin' sleepy...@_____@