Afterword

My Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Afterword  

You are the epitome of perfection.

 

When you are bright and when you are solemn

you are a picture more perfect than perfection itself.

With pearly grain skin; something harvested from the moon during the dip between early and late in the lunar calendar,

Golden hair that like a flowery cup wisps away over your ears,

Sooty coal eyes delivered from an alchemist’s hands, that veiled in a common gloss, sweeps over me with the might

of a giant’s swaying arm.

You do not sing. No.

Your voice is simply a song in itself.

Your voice is a mellifluous breath of cool air that like the morning dew,

Sticks to me.

Holds me.

Embraces me in wet arms.

 

You are the epitome of perfection.

 

You are an addiction like no other.

You are a metal of ore that has all along been perfected to a piece of gold from mines unknown.

And that golden crown of yours glints,

Its stalagmite craft splitting even the sun.

 

Firstly, this is a poem I’d written on the outset of this piece of literature. It’s something very M-like and as you’ve noticed – I’m sure – entails a very profound sense of obsession and haunting, almost, because Luhan was something deeply precious to her. Perhaps akin to that of a religious deity even.

Secondly, the fact that it’s 16.43 and dark and raining outside makes a fitting backdrop for the introduction of the afterword for the story of My Lady.

Afterwords aren’t things I often indulge in. In fact I try not to include them because they usually consist of author rambles and other unnecessary things, however I feel this is an appropriate segment for this story in particular, because of the vague details provided throughout the plot and in between chapters… specifically M. So let’s get started, shall we?

Be prepared, because this is psychologically heavy and requires much attention if you’d really like to know my thoughts and take on the mechanics of this story. I hope you enjoy.

 

The buzzing. Luhan – ever since the acknowledgement of M and the torment she brought him – developed a case of objective tinnitus, which is caused by noise originating from inside the body. This means that anything that blocks outside sound will make a person aware of their internal body noises, thus, the objective form of tinnitus. Luhan had developed his own way of dealing with the anxiety he felt that couldn’t be blamed on anything because M was a ghost-like factor inflicting this psychological torment. And because none of s believed or took his concerns seriously, Luhan decided to deal with it himself, unsure of whether or not what he was experiencing was even real. His method of handling the situation was to recede within himself. Hence, how he became accustomed to subconsciously tuning out the things around him. This response was most common when Luhan was panicked or feeling incredibly paranoid about something.

It’s open to interpretation whether or not M fell in love with the idol Luhan or the human Luhan, but it’s clear that what fueled her infatuation with him was the first time he’d ever spoken to her about being short of money. It’s often believed stalkers prey on their victims from first sight. However with M, this was not the case. She was obviously attracted to his good looks and the fact that his attractive face stood out from the ‘regular’ crowd, however his statement ‘I’m ₩100 short’ was something she interpreted as initiating conversation and making the first move, which instantly made the interest she took in him reach new heights.

The murders. Minseok made occasional mentions of a crime show he often indulged in and a particular case that was ongoing and highlighted. The murderer was titled the sheet killer. If you hadn’t paid attention to what Minseok often said about the crime show whenever he touched the topic of it, in the last chapter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter