Where Do We Start?

The Inevitable

Sooyoung's POV

Walking into school, it was a normal day, except...something felt a bit off. 

I decided to shrug it off, and walked to my locker. I smiled once I noticed my one and only best friend leaning against my locker.

"Sooyoung!" She said smiling back and waving excitedly. As I reached her she presented a book in her hands. "You've got to read this! The main couple is too adorable."

"Good morning to you too, Sica." I replied opening my locker.

"Youngie! I'm serious!" She said practically shoving the book into my hands

"Alright alright...I'll just put it in here, and read it after the many romance books you've recommended to me." I said adding it to the growing pile of books on the top part of my locker. 

She pouted, "how come you haven't read any?" 

I laughed, it's so cute when she's being like this, "I have, it's just taking me longer to read them...I'm not a fast reader like you." 

"Fine." She puffed her cheeks. I softly chuckled, and poked her cheek,   "I'll try harder~" I said consoling her. 

"Okay~ that's good enough for me~" she said while switching her pout to a wide smile. 

Wanna know a secret? 

I've had a small crush on her since the beginning of freshman year. But now were about to graduate and I haven't told her. Now, I know what you're thinking, but my gaydar is dull around her so I don't even try to how you say "make a move". I'm pretty sure she's as a straight as a ruler. Every time she reads a romance book, she always criticizes the girl and always fangirls over and sympathizes with the main male character. But at least she knows I'm gay.

I was brought back to the present by the snapping fingers in front of my face. I shook my head out of my thoughts. " what?" I asked dazedly. 

"Where'd you go just now?" She asked with a hint of amusement. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I said nonchalantly. 

"Are you daydreaming about her again?" She said with a bit of spite. 

To keep my hopes up, I like to think it's because she's jealous, but to be honest with myself, I know she just never liked her since freshman year, since she humiliated her in front of the seniors.

"No..." I said with a sheepish smile. I don't really like her, but I act as if I do.

Why, you ask?

Well, last year after I came out to her, she found out that I liked someone, because somehow I let it slip. I was panicking so I picked the first girl that walked by and coincidently...it was her. And from then on, I pretend to like her, even though the one I like is in front of me trying to force me to read a book. I couldn't help the smile that came across my lips.

"Ah! You're smiling!" She pointed at my lips accusingly.

"S-So?" I asked defensively.

"I honestly don't get what you see in her!" She said, disbelief coated her voice. "She's a bully." 

I shrugged, "Sica, you of all people should know from the many romance books you've read, that you can't really choose who you end up liking...plus she doesn't pick on me."

She pouted again. "That's because she doesn't even notice you." 

I frowned, I don't really like her, but the comment kind of stung a bit. 

She turned to me, "sorry, I didn't mean it like that..." She looked really sorry. 

I just shrugged, "it's ok, it's true." 

"Speaking of the devil." She sighed as she looked past me. I followed her line of sight and turned around, to see for myself the objection of my fake affections. 

Kwon Yuri.

Blemish free, soft-looking, beautiful tan skin. Piercing hypnotizing brown eyes. Shiny, silky, mostly straight ut wavy hair. Adding a smile that could melt any guy or girl into a blundering, stuttering fool. 

With the exception of me and Jessica. Yuri doesn't really have an effect on me. Yeah, she's incredibly pretty. But I feel that personalities are more beautiful than appearances, and so with Jessica's pretty appearance and dazzling personality, she beats Yuri any day. And as I said before, Jessica doesn't like her at all, she's on the borderline of hatred. You see, what had happened was, Freshman year, Yuri was trying out to be in the basketball team (which she is now the captain of) and in the basketball team, they had a sort of tradition to pull a prank for the team to accept you. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Jessica + Yuri's Prank = Jessica drenched in a bucket full of ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice and Anchovy juice. 

Jessica ended up smelling like trash the whole day, I felt sorry, but I didn't have any extra clothes I could lend her. It was only the first day of school. So from then on, Jessica's dislike of Yuri only grew. 

I shook my head and I tangled my arm with Jessica's. "calm down and let'a just go to class." 

"Don't you wanna watch her go down the hallway." She asked curiously.

I lied and said, "No, it'll probably just give me a heart attack." She laugh and I decided to laugh along with her. And because of that we didn't notice that I was gonna bump into someone. 

"Ow!" I rubbed my forehead with my now free arm. I dropped all of my stuff when I bumped into the still unknown (at least still unknown to me, because I had my eyes closed as I rubbed my forehead) person. 

"Watch where you're going, loser!" A familiar voice said. 

I looked up and my eyes widened comically, as they made contact with fiery ones. "S-Sorry!" I untangled my arm from Jessica, but settled to just holding her hand. I bowed twice. Mistakenly and clumsily bumping my forehead with Yuri's. 

"Ow!" She exclaimed, she looked at me, then at Jessica, then weirdly at our intertwined hands in between.  "Stop bumping into me geek, and just move out of the way!" She screamed angrily. 

She pushed the through in between us, separating our hands, and pushed us out of the way. 

Her popular group laughed as they passed by, and one of them even shoved us. But at the end, Kim Taeyeon, the only nicest one in the group picked up my books and folders. I immediately crouched down and picked up my stuff. 

"T-Taeyeon-ssi, you don't have to do that." I said grabbing my stuff from her hands and Jessica also joined in and helped me. 

"It's fine, it's my responsibility to clean up after that bratty child." She was Yuri's best friend since freshman year, when they both made it into the team. 

"Thanks." I said flustered as we all stood up. 

"That was rude." Jessica commented. Taeyeon was alright in Jessica's book, but not that good either because she was still friends with Yuri. 

"I apologize for her, I don't why she was suddenly angry, and especially at you Sooyoung-ssi, you've never been her target." Taeyeon explained. 

"Apologies can't fix everything." Jessica said a bit bitterly. 

I shook my head at Jessica and kindly smiled at Taeyeon, which she immediately returned. "It's ok Taeyeon-ssi, she might've just got annoyed...I mean I did bump into her and then bumped my head with hers, so it's a bit understandable."

Taeyeon shook her head, "but I still don't think it's right, but thanks for understanding." She smiled, "I gotta go catch up, see you around." She starts to jog, but glanced at us once more and waved.

Jessica nudged me, "I think she likes you." She said with a teasing smile. "And I like her better for you, she's way nicer." 

I blushed, "You're imagining things, Sica, let's just go to class." 

"Aww, Come on~ You still like that jerk?!" 

It's frustrating that she doesn't have a clue. I shrugged, "Can't help it." 

I left her standing as I headed to our first class which I had with Jessica. 

"Youngie~" she whined as she followed me.



Yuri's POV

Was I too mean? I didn't mean to scream at her. I usually just avoid her when I see her, make her seem invisible. But she bumped into me, and what's more frustrating is she was with her nerdy girlfriend, S-...what was her name again? Nina? No...Mina? No...ness? Nessa? Jes- Jes- seems closer...it's starts with a J. I don't know why, but I just don't like her. 

 Walking inside the school gate, I saw my group and immediately went towards there. I saw Taeyeon so I decide to stand next to her. 

"Hey Tae!" I said with a smile, but I saw that she was kind of distracted. I followed her line of sight and in front of the school entrance doors, was a familiar figure was entering the building. I squinted my eyes and what I recognized made me frown. Why was Taeyeon looking at Sooyoung? I have no idea why, but I don't like the way Taeyeon is looking at her. I shook my head. "Why am I even getting bothered? 

I nudged Taeyeon. "Hey!" I screamed in her ear. 

"Ah! What?!?" She screamed as she stepped away from me. 

I grinned. "What are you looking at?"

"N-Nothing...H-How was your weekend?"   That was odd, she never dodges my questions. 

"It was great, me and my parents went to this ski resort and it was incredibly fun. " I said, I was trying my best to be enthusiastic, but remembering the look on Taeyeon's face made my mind falter. 

I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost time for class. "W-We should head to class now." 

I lead the way, and walked towards the entrance doors. One of my newly joined juniors walked next to me, saying how much of an honor it was to be under my wing. And to be honest, I felt pretty proud. I came along way and now I even have a mini fanclub. Well, so does Taeyeon, but I'm talking about me right now. 

"Thanks I appreciate you saying that. More compliments like tha-...oof...ow!" I looked at who bumped me, my eyes widened slightly, but I quickly recovered preventing anyone else to see my reaction. 

Sooyoung...

I cleared my throat. "Watch where you're going, loser!" I said firmly as I watched her rub her forehead. I looked to her right and saw her arm tangled with her nerdy girlfriend.

She heard me and raised her head and immediately her eyes grew comically wide, if I wasn't so caught off guard, I would have laughed at her expression. "S-Sorry!" She said as she bowed once. And the second time  cause her forehead to meet mine and it resulted into another clash.

"Ow!"

I look up at her, then her girlfriend, and then I'm not sure why but my gaze went down to their intertwined fingers. Suddenly my blood boiled and I got angry. 

"Stop bumping into me geek, and just move out of the way!" I pushed through in between them and I successfully separated their arms. I couldn't help but look back, and see that my new junior shoved a little at Sooyoung, that made me angrier.

What the heck is happening?!?

I moved quickly to my classroom and just in my seat with my head down. 

I was just staring at the corner of my desk, and suddenly heard someone walk into the classroom. 

"Taeyeon, what took you so long?" I asked.

She shook her head and frowned. "What the heck was that? Sooyoung was never one of your targets, why now?" 

"She bumped into me..." I muttered. I might be captain of the basketball team, but Taeyeon is a bit scary sometimes. 

"But that doesn't give you the right to insult Sooyoung!" She said sounding like she's about to get angry with me. 

"Why do you care anyway? You don't really care about who I pick on?" I replied accusingly.

This made her falter, and I could see a small blush coming up into her cheeks. 

"Taeyeon, what's up? I can tell when you're holding out on me." I said sternly. 

She sat down. "I like her..." She mumbled as she flicked things off the desk in front of her. 

My eyebrows furrowed, "What?" 

"I like her." She said more firmly and looked into my eyes. I don't know why I felt like my heart dropped a bit. 

"Since when?!? She's the girl you dumped in ice cream freshman year, remember?!"  I exclaimed. She nodded.

"I felt so sorry immediately afterwards, and she was so nice about it, and then...I don't know, she made a big impression, she intrigued me, so after that I just...kept watching her." 

"Watching...her?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

She blushed, "I don't mean in a creepy way, I just noticed her more than I should. And now I feel like I really want her...but..." She said pouting looking down at her shoes. 

"But what?" I asked curiously. During this whole conversation, I started to feel uneasy, especially after mentioning Sooyoung. 

"It seems like she's dating Jessica." She said lightly kicking the legs of her desk. 

So that's her name...Jessica...I frowned remembering that Jessica-girl holding Sooyoung's hand. 

I just shrugged, "what are you gonna do, ask her out?"

Taeyeon looked up, "You're okay with that?" 

"I don't care who you date, I'm your friend, not your keeper...as long as she doesn't bother me, I don't care." I sighed and turned around, seeing that the rest of the class coming through the door. 

I know I said I didn't care, but somehow...The idea of Sooyoung dating Jessica or Taeyeon, bothered me. Which was extremely frustrating, because I haven't even talked to Sooyoung in four years. 

I glanced at Taeyeon and saw her daydreaming with a small smile on her face. It's nice to see Taeyeon happy. Her last girlfriend was an idiot, she thought she was biual, but in the end she told Tae that she was just experimenting her options and realized that she only liked guys. 

I guess I have to help Taeyeon, with whatever she's planning. That's a best friend's job, right?

I nudged her, "I'll help." 

A grin breaks out on her face, "you're the best!" She stood up and have me a hug.

"Ms. Kim! What do you think you're doing?!" Our teacher exclaimed.

"Uh...she was sleeping so I thought I would wake her up..." She said sheepishly smiling while letting go of me.

"Ms. Kwon, stay awake please." She said turning back to the board.

I glared at Taeyeon. 

"Sorry." She said

I just sighed and turned back around


Sooyoung's POV

Jessica and I are holding hands and walking through a beautiful green field. We're smiling and laughing together. Our faces lean close together and-

"Sooyoung!" Jessica she pushed my arm under my chin, causing me to painfully hit the table.

"Ow!" I quietly hissed as I growled at her. "What the heck?!" Sometimes, I wish that she had at least a hint of what I'm feeling. 

She giggled. "What are you dreaming about?" Then her face suddenly falls. "Don't tell me it's about Yuri..." She said with a frown.

I blushed, "I'm not!" I whispered to her loudly.

"You're blushing! You're definitely thinking of her!" She whispered back, just as loud. If only she knew what I was blushing at.

I turned away from her and looked out the window. "Whatever...I can think what I want." I said stubbornly as I rested my chin on my left hand. 

I heard a sigh come from her direction. "Hey..." I felt her soft, warm hand rest gently on my right hand. "Sorry..."

I gulped, my heart is pounding and I can't help but let my eyes land on her hand that is currently touching my right. I mentally shook my head, and forced myself to listen to her.

"I just...don't like her...at all." Jessica emphasized. I sighed in frustration and looked her in eyes, trying so desperately to convey my feelings, my eyes are practically screaming, 'I don't really like her! It's you that I like!' 

But unfortunately she was looking down at her shoes. This time I sighed in defeat. "Alright, I get that. You've said that ever since I told you...you should know that I can't help what I feel..." I trailed off as I glanced at her face and saw that she was looking at our hands.

I pulled my hands away and pretended to stretch my arms, as a result of feeling a lot electricity go through that minor touch. 

"Tsk...well if anything happens, and she breaks your heart...I'm gonna...Im gonna..." She said deeming unsure of what to say. 

I softly chuckled, "Gonna what, Sica?"

"I'm gonna break her nose." She said comfidently, with a smug smile.

"You can't even touch the hair on her head." I said in reply teasingly.

"Hmmph! You're just on her side cause you like her." She said as she pouted. 

I grinned, "I'm just joking, plus, my best friend always goes before crushes." I said as I smiled softly at her. It caused a smile to appear on her lips. 

"Good."