00.

you're the apple of my eye

You: “Hey Jun, u free today?”


Junmyeon: “I’m busy, sorry.”


You: “You’ve been busy for days…”


Junmyeon: “Sorry.”

It has been days since you’ve seen Junmyeon. Sure, there had been days where the both of you had been busy to meet up, but something felt different this time, and you intend to find out. Standing in front of EXO’s dorm door, you knock twice before the door opens.

Chanyeol widens his eyes as he says your name, with an expression filled with surprise.

“Is he home?” You smile brightly at the tall male who currently looks flustered at the situation. Chanyeol’s eyes shift left and right nervously before replying really fast.

“He’s-in-Antarctica-researching-about-Polar-Bears.”

“What?”

Chanyeol’s ears turn red and stares at you with fear as if you were a hungry honey badger ready to pounce on him. “You know Polar Bears don’t live in Antarctica, right?” You add on.

You stand in the front of the door in silence as Chanyeol looks like he’s about to cry, which you don’t really want because it was already hard dealing with an emotionally stable Chanyeol. Looking past the giant’s figure, you see Baekhyun who doesn’t really care about his teary friend because he’s watching zoom-in fancams of himself while munching on chips.

“Hey Baek, where’s Junmyeon?” You tilt your head to the side to grab his attention.

“Oh _______, it’s you.” Baekhyun looks up for a while before taking another potato chip in the bag, “Hyung’s in his room.”

You give a quick nod as thanks and walk past Chanyeol to go inside, who follows quietly behind you. Walking along the corridor, you realize that only Chanyeol and Baekhyun was at home. Jongin and Kyungsoo probably out somewhere doing something that fans will make a big deal out of, and Sehun most likely in the M’s dorm with Luhan. Arriving at the door, you walk in and find a tired Junmyeon lying on the bed. He looks like he hasn’t slept for days.

“_______!” Junmyeon gasps, “What are you doing here?”

You walk inside the room and sit on the edge of your boyfriend’s bed. "Since someone is unwilling to meet up, I decided to visit him myself.“

Junmyeon frowns and looks behind you, "Chanyeol, take her out with yo-”

“No,” you interrupt, “Chanyeol, I’m alright, can I have a few moments with Junmyeon please?” From the corner of your eye, you see Chanyeol cowering towards the corner while Suho shoots daggers with his eyes. You smile at Chanyeol who then nods quickly and willingly leaves the two of you alone.

You scoot closer to Junmyeon who is now leaning behind his pillow against the wall. “Jun, what’s wrong?” You take his hands under his blanket and hold it tightly, “Why are you avoiding me?”

Junmyeon can feel his heart melt whenever he sees you like this, worrying about him as if he means the world to you, which in fact, he did. He looks distressed,eyebrows knitted together. “…I can’t tell you…” He mumbles, looking away because he knows that once he looks into your eyes, he would spill everything.

“Suho-ah, look at me and tell me what’s wrong.” Your voice comes off as a small whine and if there was one thing that Kim Junmyeon was weak against, it was aegyo.

Jun faces you and you’re finally able to see the warm and kind eyes that you have been missing. “I’m sick…” He stutters, “I don’t want you getting infected as well.” Junmyeon’s red lips pop into a pout and he looks down, his soft dark brown bangs covering his eyes.

At that moment, you can’t help but pull into a smile. Junmyeon was avoiding you not because he didn’t have time, but because he didn’t want anything to happen to you. “You’re such a dummy sometimes, you know?” You tease, “Jun, you shouldn’t be worrying about me when you’re the one that’s sick. Besides, I’m a nurse, remember?”

Junmyeon looks up and smiles shyly to himself, “Yeah…I guess that is pretty stupid of me.” He grins and the both of you share a smile alike.

“Well it seems like there is a patient that I have to nurse back into health.” You smile and try to stand up but a hand pulls you back into the bed. You let out a small yelp and Junmyeon traps you in between his arms. “What are you doing, Jun?” You ask softly.

Junmyeon rubs his head against your shoulder like a kitten, “I don’t want you to leave, Jagi.” His voice is muffled by your cotton shirt.

“Oh, so now you want me to stay, huh?” You laugh.
Junmyeon nods softly and hugs you even tightly, “The bed feels cold without you.” He whines.

You stare at your boyfriend in shock, amazed at how cute he was acting.

“Yah, Kim Junmyeon! I’m not Kris, aegyo won’t work on me, you know?” You pull your arm out of his embrace, “Besides, I need to get medicine for you. EXO can’t function properly without their baby leader.”

“No!” He pouts again, “I don’t need my medicine, as long as I have my apple.”

You look at him in confusion. “Huh?”

Junmyeon looks up and smiles, “Don’t you know? An apple a day keeps the doctor away.”

“Yeah?”

“And you’re the apple of my eye.”

You let out a big laugh before whacking some sense into your deluded boyfriend.

-

A week has past and you find yourself sitting against the wall of EXO’s practice room. There are multiple bags around you, containing the bento boxes that you have made for the members. You wait patiently for their practice to end and soon enough, a flock of starving teenage boys run towards you with light in their eyes.

You hand a lunchbox to each of the members as they smile gratefully at you before wolfing down the food.

“It’s…it’s sooooo gooood!” Chen exclaims in rejoice and you laugh.

“_______, who is that for?” Tao suddenly stops eating and points to the box beside you.

“Yah, Tao, are you stupid? That is obviously for Suho-hyung!” Sehun speaks without looking up from his lunchbox and earns a large smack on the back from Tao. Sehun coughs and rice is flying across the room.

“Ewww!” Baekhyun lets out a scream that is 10 times higher than his usual pitch and all the members start bickering each other. Before you can say something to make them settle down, a hand suddenly envelops around yours and you are met with a pair of warm brown eyes.

“Let’s get away from this crazy mess.” Junmyeon whispers into your ear and grins.
Junmyeon leads you to an empty and dim recording room and you immediately place your specialized lunchbox on the table, excited for Junmyeon to try your cooking. The both of you sit down on a leather office chair and he smiles at you before opening the lid.

Junmyeon slowly curls into a frown, shaking his head. “What’s wrong? Do you not like it?” Panic rushes into your body as you wait for his response.

He faces you again and smiles mischeviously, “What should I do? How could I make you never leave me?” You laugh and glare at him playfully.

“You scared me, Jun. I almost thought that you hated it.”

“You know that’s impossible. How could I possibly ever hate you, Jagi?” Junmyeon whispers into your ear once again and your cheeks flush with bright red. You jokingly push him away and scoot towards the table.

“Come on, I’ll feed you, baby leader. Don’t want you to be sick again.” You tease as your chopsticks pick up an egg roll. A shadow suddenly looms over you and you drop the chopsticks in surprise.

“Yah! Wh-” You stop when you see Junmyeon trapping you as his hands grip on each side of the chair arm rests. “Wh-what are you doing?” You mumble shyly as Junmyeon grins at you, thinking of how irresistable you look right now.

“It seems like you don’t see me as a man these days, _______-ah.” Junmyeon whispers as he leans closer towards you.
You nervously look up and clear your throat. “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about…” Junmyeon pulls into a one sided smirk that makes you so thankful that you were sitting right now.

“Don’t worry, I’ll show you right now.”