FINAL

Daydreamin'
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hyoyeon came home happily after wandering outside looking for inspiration to be able to compose. She remembered her and Sooyoung’s conversation while she was lounging at Jamba Juice.

 

"Yah! Kim Hyoyeon! You haven't sent me even a draft of your work!" Sooyoung shouted on the other line.

 

"Hi! Thanks for asking how I'm doing!" She greeted the other girl back sarcastically.

 

"How's your song going?"

 

"Really Choi Sooyoung? Aren't you even gonna ask how am I doing, if I'm eating well?"

 

"Yeah really, I don't have time to ask you that. I know you're not the type to starve yourself anyways." Sooyoung answered back, laughing then she continued "Please do know that my head's spinning not knowing how to answer our bosses whenever I'm asked about your progress. So tell me honestly how your work is going... I'm begging."

 

"I have none yet."

 

"WHAT?!" Sooyoung shouted that she has to put the phone off her ear.

 

"How do you expect me to finish song when you call me all the time?" She asked Sooyoung and added "besides, you yourself should know how hard it is to compose when you've got no inspiration."

 

She never thought at that day she will find her inspiration.

 

She grabbed her bag and happily spread out the contents on her sofa.

 

When her notebook and pen presented itself along with her trash, she quickly got it and settled herself on the floor settling the pad on the coffee table in front of her.

 

She wrote: You walked in, caught my attention

 

She played the scene that happened a few hours ago inside her head.

 

Flashback

 

She was playing with her pen when her eyes landed on the shop's entrance just in time for a man entering.

 

I've never seen, a man with so much dimension

 

She continued writing.

 

He was wearing a simple casual wear made up of a black poor-boy cap, white shirt and black blazer with three-fourth sleeves.

 

His face when compared to Korean actors like Won Bin, Jo In Sung, Kim Soo Hyun and Hyun Bin is no match from them. His skin tanned not like the usual milky or pale. His eyes and facial features were sharp making him look cold and snob, BUT his smile was bright and warm.

 

It's the way you walk, the way you talk, the way you make me feel inside

 

She wrote as if explaining how and why the man caught her attention.

 

Time seemed to slow down as she eyed the man walking like a model towards the counter and placed his order.

 

"I'll be having Roast Chicken, Cheddar & Honey Dijon Sandwich and Mango-A-Go-Go, 24 oz. Thank you!" She heard him say.

 

dugeun… dugeun… dugeun…

 

Her heart is pounding wildly against her chest to the point that it's deafening.

 

grrrg… grrrg… grrrg…

 

Her stomach churned in a good way that brings heat to her cheeks causing it to turn red.

 

After placing his order she saw him look for a table to sit in, causing Hyoyeon to look back at her paper in fear that she might get caught staring.

 

She almost jumped to her seat in surprise when she heard the voice say. “Hi! Is someone occupying this seat?”

 

It's in your smile; it's in your eyes

 

She looked up to only to see the man smiling at her. It took her a great amount of self-control to prevent herself from squealing.

 

“I- I’m alone.” She stuttered feeling herself blush once again a shade darker than before.

 

“Can I?” He asked again, still with his smile on.

 

She was avoiding herself from stuttering so she cleared before saying “Go ahead.” hiding her squeal with a smile.

 

A few minutes of awkward silence engulfed the two when the man decided to speak “Hi!”

 

"Hello." She smiled and bowed her head hiding the blush on her face.

 

“My name is Nam Gil, Kim Nam Gil.” The guy named Nam Gil introduced himself then she was asked what her name is.

 

“Kim Hyoyeon.” She answered shyly.

 

The awkwardness vanished and the two started talking comfortably. They talked about each other’s job, hobbies, and many more.

 

“Do you have free time tomorrow?” asked Nam Gil as he walked her home.

 

“Uh? Me?” She asked back, surprised with the sudden question.

 

“Mm…” He hummed in reply.

 

‘Will he be asking me out?’ She mentally thought as she bowed her head hiding her reddening face and tucked her hair behind her ear.

 

As much as she wanted to go out with him tomorrow, she has work to finish.

 

A comfortable silence engulfed them as they walked, their smile never leaving their faces. After a few minutes of walk they were now standing in front of Hyoyeon’s apartment building.

 

“So… will I be able to see you again tomorrow?” asked Nam Gil.

 

“Uhm I’m sorry Nam Gil-ssi” She apologized then continued “I have something important to finish.”

 

He gasped, suddenly remembering what she told him earlier “Oh yeah, I’m sorry I forgot you told me about the song.” giving out a shy smile while he is rubbing his nape.

Please log in to read the full chapter