maybe when the time is right

maybe when the time is right

“maybe when the time is right, we will be together again”

 

You and wonwoo have been childhood friends and as the both of you enter the world of adolescence, you found yourself wanting to share your joy and sadness with him, and he felt the same way as well.

 

“I want to be with you forever.” he said as the both of you were sitting on the fence watching the warm orange sun rise.

 

“I want to watch the sunrise with you forever.” you said as the warm orange sun slowly turned into a scorching, bright, yellow sun.

 

Wonwoo noticed the sun rays glaring into your eyes and he used his hand to block it. The both of you had one thought in mind - each other. The relationship between you guys is not something that can be explained. You watched each other grow up, gotten into trouble together, laughed and cried with each other. So many things you’d done had wonwoo in it, and vice versa.

 

However, maybe forever didn't exist, and maybe promises don’t last. The only thing that last is memories.

 

Wonwoo had a dream, and that was to pursue music. He auditioned and got accepted to Pledis, became a trainee, and has now debuted. You were happy for him, but a part of you wasn’t. You knew you couldn't meet him as often, couldn't share your happiness and sadness with him anymore. He would be busy training, busy giving his all to music. He would be so busy, he might even forget you, who knows? But one thing you know for sure is that you will never forget the memories because memories can never be forgotten, and you believe wonwoo won’t erase everything from his mind as well.

 

“Was what we had love?” you asked as you and wonwoo watched the last sunrise together, before he became a trainee. 

 

“I supposed so.” he said solemnly.

 

There was silence as both of you looked far at the sun.

 

At that instant, you wished the sun would stop rising. You wished time would stop, you wished wonwoo didn't had that dream, you wished everything would go back to the way it was; but you know there was no way it could've happen. 

 

Once again, the sun rays hit your face and you thought wonwoo would use his hand to block it, but this time round, he leaned in and kissed your forehead.

 

“This is the last time I can do it with you. I don’t know when the next time will be, but I will not forget the memories we shared.” wonwoo rested his forehead against yours and looked into your eyes. 

 

You’ll never forget his hazel brown eyes that you’ve seen since young.

 

“Maybe when the time is right, we will be together again” you said as a tear escaped from your eyes.

 

“I will come back and look for you when I’m ready.” wonwoo wiped your tears and pulled you in for a tight hug. "Wait for me." 

 

He didn't want to let you go. You’re important to him, but music is important as well. He wished he could bring you to wherever he goes, he wished he could give up his dream, but he couldn’t. The both of you don’t know when the right time will be, and the feeling of unknown is scary, but both of you held onto a hope.

 

It has been 4 years, and wonwoo has debuted. Every time you see him on tv, you’d smile and remember the times you’ve shared, and the wonderful memories he gave you. You are still waiting for him and quietly supporting him.

 

Sometimes wonwoo would look at the fans and hope he’d see you there one day. He missed you a lot, and he’s sorry for not being able to contact you. But he knows you're out there looking at him, waiting for him, and cheering him on. He promised himself that he'll do his best and make you proud, and once he stabilises his career, he’ll go and look for you, and continue the story both of you started from the beginning.