Chapter 33

Hybrid Café

Kris groaned as all his muscles clenched and his body trembled. He tried to focus on Tao who was lying on the bed, unconcious, eyes closed and each breath slow and shallow. Suddendly his body shook in pain and all he could do was let out a loud scream while falling forward onto his hands, the feeling of incredible pain tearing him apart and his head felt like it was exploding. On the side of his vision the darkness floated closer and he clenched his fingers into the sheets, kneeling on the mattress and head hanging low between his shoulders. His eyes had been open and what he had seen made him panic. The younger man before him was unconcious but his body arched off the mattress and a high scream left his mouth when another wave of pain rolled through Kris' body and threw him onto the mattress. 'He feels my pain...', he realised through the thick fog of pain closing in on him, making him slug brained and dizzy. With all the power he mustered up he lifted himself off the mattress onto his wobbly legs and staggered in the direction of the door, swaying back and forth dangerously and almost falling over. There was only one thought in his mind. 'I have to protect him. I have to protect Tao.' Like a mantra he whispered it to himself and ignored the strange tone of his voice, sounding about two octaves deeper than his usually already deep voice. With the only purpose to protect the fragile man on the bed from his own pain he tried to get as far away from him as possible. He stumbled out of the bedroom and into the direction of the bathroom, the place furthest away in the apartment. The next wave of pain didn't hit him unexpectedly, he felt it building up, tearing his head into pieces but he couldn't manage to keep himself on his legs. The pain slammed on him like a sledgehammer and smashed him to the ground in front of the bathroom door, screaming and with tears streaming down his face. With wide open eyes he saw into the bedroom and how the man there almost fell off the bed as his body crashed from side to side, violently shaken by the pain projected onto him by Kris. The elder didn't question it as he instinctively knew that distance wouldn't matter. He gripped onto his own arms, digging his fingernails into his skin and ripping it open, trying to focus on the self-induced pain and not on the other one that was driving him into a mindless, insane, screaming mess. With all the strength he had left he pulled back from his body and left it to the pain, closing himself off completely and gathering himself in his head. Bit by bit he started to isolate the pain and built a wall around it. In the back of his mind he heard himself scream harder as almost all the pain was left for him and not shared with the young hybrid lying in the bedroom. He isolated himself completely and as he finished building a barrier around the pain he started making a second wall, cutting his mind off from Tao's reach and he wrapped his vulnerable mind and soul in a elastic barrier, allowing the pain to push against it but not brake it. He cut himself off completely and through the barrier he realised that he was hurting himself, trying to keep the barrier up and not let it fall down. He heard himself scream and shout, arch off the ground as his body shook violently and felt like it was ripped apart to be squashed back together into a new form, something that wasn't him but at the same time it was all him, his flesh, his bones and muscles, his mind, shared with another, powerful, wild being. It was like he was floating over his own body, resting in the air and watched himself like he was watching a movie. He realised it was real but he didn't feel anything. It was like he had cut himself off his body and left it down there on the floor to be destroyed.

 

---

 

"KRIS!"

Tao shook the man's shoulders violently. Tears were streaming down his face and he was a complete mess. Right as he had seen the lonely tear roll down his lover's face he had pressed the emergency button about three times but there was still no one here. Now Kris was lying on the hospital bed with his eyes wide open while a string of screams left his mouth and his whole body shook violently. It looked exactly the same as it had when Tao had found him in front of the bathroom and the younger panicked. His fingers dug into the man's shoulders and he shook him hard, trying to get him back to his senses. Kris was looking right at him, eyes a flaming red and teeth in his mouth long and pointed. His skin seemed to flicker in between human and the black and red scales of the animal he was about to morph into. Suddendly Tao was pulled back by a pair of strong arms and he screamed in shock as his hands left Kris' shoulders and he couldn't touch him anymore. Without thinking about it he started punching the person that held onto him, trying to escape him and reach out for Kris. He groaned as he was thrown to the floor and a man sat down on him while pushing his arms above his head, restraining him and holding him down.

"Stop! It's me!", the man screamed and Tao realised it was the doctor that had been looking after Kris for the past one and a half weeks.

Tao blinked a few times before he gasped as the deep, powerful cry of an animal and the sound of two nurses that screamed in fear reached his mind. The next thing he registred was a man that looked like Kris half jumping, half falling out of the open window and disappearing from his vision. His eyes left the doctor's face and with a power he didn't know he had he tossed the heavy man to the side and with a loud thud the doctor crashed into the wall. He jumped to his feet and with a fear in his heart that made him weak he stumbled to the open window. His fingers clawed into the windowsill and almost hesitantly he leaned forward and looked down. He screamed in surprise and shock as he saw an animal half lying, half standing on the field beneath the window. It was huge, gigantic! He barely held back a shriek as he realised what was in front of him. The animal was almost two storeys high and that with it's long, slender neck bowed down, the big head only a meter from the ground. A long tail was curled around the body of the animal and the arrow-like tip was trashing across the floor dangerously, showing the animals agitation and insecurity. The whole body was covered in the black and red scales Tao had seen before and he shrieked as he noticed the huge pair of wings attached to the animal's back. They were almost as long as half of the animal's body and the tips were floatingin the air, just barely above the ground. A pair of long black horns were curved over the animal's head, starting at top of it's forehead and standing off into the air. The animal breathed and two big clouds of hot air formed in front of it's nose, coming out of the big nostrils.

"Jesus Christ...", he heard the shaking voice of the doctor beside him and slowly Tao started getting back to himself.

"K-Kris... is a dragon..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the note but the picture at the top: That's what I was kind of imagining Kris to be like as a dragon, although he is only black in this picture it's about that figure and all that. He looks pretty ing awesome doesn't he!?  ⊂(♡⌂♡)⊃

You guys might start to have a lot of questions but I'll have to ask you to be patient, it'll all be explained in the following chapters!

Thanks for reading and have an absolutely amazing, awesome day! (∩˃o˂∩)♡

Love Lisa <3