Chapter 2

Please Say Yes

The manager did call the girl up and met up with her.

He gave her the tickets. The girl even offered to pay for them but the manager refused. The manager thought of the girl as a very nice and polite dongsaeng. He had always wanted a cute dongsaeng like her, so he thought of her as a dongsaeng.

When Saturday came, the girls were pretty excited as well as the boys.

L.Joe had told the boys about the girl and described her as cute. He even had this smile in his face when he talked about the girl. This got the boys go curious about the girl.

The girls on the other hand were more excited since they were all k-pop fans and until then they still could not believe that their friend met a k-pop star and they failed to meet L.Joe too. The girl mocked the other three girls because they didn't want to accompany her that night saying they were tired because of the shopping they did that afternoon.

 

 

 

That day the girl was wearing a sweater, jeans and chucks. She tied up her hair this time. They went to the venue excited and well dressed.

When they arrived at the venue they were seated on a nice spot, but not good enough because they were at the side near the equipment. The manager had apologized about the seat because it was a little bit late when he had got the tickets and the better seats were already taken. The girl told him that it was ok, so here they are.

In the middle of the show, someone suddenly grabbed the girl.

The lady was sweating a lot and clutched at her stomach. She handed the girl her headphones and asked her to take over. The girl stared at the lady with wide eyes, but the lady was already walking away.

From the headphones the girl could hear the director getting mad because no one was controlling the computer used for reminding the lyrics. The girl realizing that controlling the computer was now her job she then went to do the job.

It wasn't that hard since she was familiar with the lyrics and knows how to operate those things. She was a graduate of the course related to production and knows what to do to make a show or event possible, lucky enough she had an internship and has experienced doing the job so she wasn't clueless on what she was doing. But the problem was she didn't know the line-up of the songs. The song list seemed to be missing. She managed to pull it off with recognizing the intro of the songs and with the director barking the titles of the song over the headphones when he realized that the operator in-charge of doing the lyrics wasn't familiar with the line-up of the song.

Luckily everything went smoothly, but the director was still pissed and he asked someone to call the operator in-charge of the lyrics.

The man asked to do the task went to the computer station and saw the girl who was beginning to relax as soon as she found the show done.

“Come with me.” The man didn't even look at the girl because he was also sort of angry because the director shouted at him all because of this girl.

The girl didn't know what it was about but she followed.

“Director, this is the operator.” The man said as soon as they reached where the director was.

The director didn't actually recognize the girl, but he didn't mind that fact and just resumed to scolding the girl.

The lady from earlier came back from the bathroom and saw that the director was scolding the girl.

“Wasn't that the girl I pulled?” The lady murmured to herself. “Oh no? What did she do?”

“Director. Wha..What's the matter?” The lady asked carefully as she was afraid that she would also be scolded since she was actually the one who was supposed to operate the computer.

“What else?! The director turned to the lady.” The director then recognized the lady. “Weren't you the one assigned to operate the computer?”

“We..yes director.”

“Then, why was she the one operating?!”

“I had a stomach ache and I had to ask her to take my place because I couldn't hold it anymore.” The lady said scared.

The director suddenly returned to the girl, “You! Weren't you here when we rehearsed?! You should also know the line-up of the song to avoid anything like this to happen! It's a good thing that the event went well! It's a live show for goodness sake! You all know that we don't allow mistakes here!”

This scene caught the attention of Teentop's manager who was looking all over for the girl. He then spotted the girl who was standing in the middle and was wearing a sweater and jeans.

“What's happening here?” The manager asked the director as he felt that he had responsibility over the girl.

“This girl here nearly crashed the event for not memorizing the line-up of the song.” The director answered clearly still mad.

“Why would she need to memorize the song line-up?” It was an innocent question but to the director it seemed like the last .

“She! Whooo!!! Is the operator in-charge of helping her!” The director pointed to the lady, “you make sure that the lyrics on the screen were right.”

“But she doesn't work here.” The manager answered.

“Thanks!” The girl whispered while looking at the manager, wide eyed with relief.

“You don't work here?!” The director asked.

“As much as I loved to, I don't.”

“Then why were you at the operating station?” The man who brought the girl asked.

“Well, this lady here,” the girl pointed to the lady. “Suddenly pulled me and asked me to take over.”

“I thought she was a staff.” the lady said innocently.

“So I had to help.”

“Well, I'm sorry.” The director said sounding really sorry.

“It's ok. It's actually a nice experience.” The girl said smiling.

“How did you know what to do?” The man who brought her there asked.

“Well I majored on a course related to production and on my OJT I had worked on this before, also thanks for director’s orders.”

“Really?” They all asked the girl.

“Yeah.”

“Well thank you very much! Join us on our meal just to show our sign of gratitude.”

“But I'm with my friends. Speaking of, I think they'd be worried about me right now.”

“Your friends are meeting Teentop.” The manager answered.

“Uh, I should go meet them.” The girl said and was about to leave.

“Join us in our meal.” The director called out. “Bring your friends.” The director said with a smile.

“I'll be in-charge of bringing her there.” The manager said smiling to the director.

The crew then went to finishing the task on hand. The girl and the manager went to Teentop's waiting room.

After that the girl and her friends together with Teentop and the production crew ate outside to celebrate the successful show.

Everyone thanked the girl for her help. The director had offered the girl to have a job in their company. The girl thankfully accepted it since she was also worrying about her job since she was a newly graduate. The lady who made her take over thanked and apologized to her. It was a really fun night for everyone.