Chapter 18

Don't Hurt My Heart, Stranger

Its been 3 months since the accident. Taeng and his father finally discharged from the hospital. As soon as he discharged, Taeyang is currently on Japan because of his work. Yul and his father is buried beside CL’s graveyard. Taeng always visit them adn crying there. Taeng then tell everything to Jessica and Yoong about Yul. Jessica and Yoong is crying because of that and always visit his graveyard with Taeng. Right now, Taeng and Jessica is going to saw a present from Taeyang.

“Is it the right way?” asked Jessica.

“Yeah.. i put the adress on GPS already so.. i think his is the right way.” Said Taeng.

“But.. why is it so creepy?” asked Jessica.

“Wait, princess we’re almost there.” Said Taeng happily.

“Really?!!” asked Jessica happily. Taeng nodded. Finally they arrived in front of a big house.

“What the..” said taeng.

“This is soo big..” said Jessica.

Posted Image

“Lets go in!” said Taeng and grab Jessica’s hand. He unlock the door with the key that his father give him. He then open it.

“Wooww..” said Taeng and Jessica together. They look around the house.

Posted Image

“Woow.. this house is really great!!” said Jessica. Taeng smile and kiss his wife forehead.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image


“We should say thanks to my appa.” Said Taeng. Jessica nodded.

“Your umma too.” Smile Jessica. Taeng nodded.

“You’re right.”

--

7 months later

“Princess, are you sure you’ll be allright?” ask Taeng. Jessica nodded and smile.

“I promise i’ll be okay Taengoo. Beside, Yoong, Tiffany and Sulli is with me right?” said Jessica and kiss his husband lips.

“Alright then. I’m sorry but i should go now and i don’t think thats a good idea to bring you with me.” sigh Taeng. Jessica smile.

“Gosh hyung! You sound like you’re going overseas you know? You only visit Ji eun right? Don’t be a baby hyung.” Tease Yoong while carrying his baby.

“Shut up Yoong and get inside the house, NOW!” said Tiffany. Yoong sigh and bring Sulli with him.

“Let’s play with appa Ssul.” Said Yoong and get inside the house. Tiffany turned to Taeng and smile.

“It’s okay oppa. You can leave Jessi here. Beside, i miss hanging out with here.” Said Tiffany. Taeng sigh and nodded.

“But if something happened, call me okay?” said Taeng. Tiffany and Jessica nodded.

“Okay then, i’ll be going now.” said Taeng and kiss Jessica forehead and drove away.

“Wow.. he’s so sweet..” said Tiffany to Jessica. Jessica nodded and smile.

“Yeah.. and i’m glad he’s my husband.” Said Jessica and get inside the house.

--

Taeng parked his car and walk toward the familiar house. Its been awhile since the last time he visit Jieun. He knock the door and get inside.

“Ji eun-ah?” call Taeng. He heard a foot step got nearer and reveal Ji eun.

“Taeng oppa! You’re here!” said Ji eun and hug Taeng. taeng smile and patted Jieun head.

“Yeah.. its been awhile since the last time i visit you. How are you?” asked Taeng.

“I’m fine oppa. What about you?” asked Ji eun. Taeng sigh.

“Thats why i’m here Ji eun. I want to check my condition. I think i’m getting weaker.” Said Taeng. Ji eun smile fadded.

“I’ll prepare the room.” Said Ji eun quickly. Taeng nodded and sit on Ji eun’s office. He look around the office and spotted a photo with little Jieun smiling between little Taeng and little Yul. Taeng smile and caress Yul photo. He sigh and sat down on the sofa.

“I shouldn’t let you die Yul..” mumble Taeng. He’s trying hard to hold back his tears. Fortunately, Ji eun come.

“The room is ready now oppa.” Said JI eun. Taeng nodded and walk with Ji eun. After half an hour check up, Taeng and Ji eun walk from the room.

“You should wait until the result is out okay oppa?” said Ji eun. Taeng nodded and smile.

“Thanks Ji eun.” Said Taeng. Suddenly, Taeng’s phone ringing.

“Hello?”

“Oppa! Please come to Soshi hospital! Jessi’s water is broke and we’re on the way to there. Please be there immadietly okay.” After that, the line went off. Taeng froze on his spot.

“Oppa? Somethings happen?” asked Ji eun.

“Ji eun-ah!! Sica’s water is broke!!” shout Taeng and going crazy.

“What?! Oppa! You should go to Sica unnie! She will give a birth to your baby!” Taeng stop walking crazily.

“She’s what?!!” and run toward his car and drove as fast as he could. After 5 minutes driving, he finally arrived at the hospital and saw Yoong with Sulli waiting for him.

“Hyung! Finally you’re here! Sica noona didn’t want to go to the operation room without you! Come on!” said Yoong and drag Taeng. They finally arrived at the operation room.

“Fany! He’s here!” said Yoong.

“Finally! Doc, he’s my bestfriend husband.” Said Tiffany to the doctor.

“Great. Now Mr Kim i want you to follow me.” said the doctor. Taeng nodded. before he get inside the room, he told Tiffany to tell his father and his uncle and aunt.

“Okay. I get it. Please support Jessi oppa.” Said Tiffany. taeng smile.

“I will.” And then, he get inside the operating room. Tiffany scroll the contact list and call Taeyang.

“Hello?”

“Kim aboji?” asked Tiffany.

“Yeah.. who is this?” asked Taeyang.

“Its me Tiffany.”

“Oh!! My daughter Tiffany! How are you my dear? I heard you gave birth 3 months ago? Sorry i can’t go there.” Said Taeyang.

“I’m fine aboji and its okay. But its more important. Jessi is going to gave a birth right now.” said Tiffany. There’s a long pause until,

“SHE’S WHAT?!! OH MY GOD!! Okay relax Fany. Appa will buy a ticket right now. i’ll talk to you later okay.” And the line went off. Tiffany look at Yoong and giggle.

“Call aunt Bom and uncle TOP.” Said Yoong. Tiffany nodded and scroll the contact list.

“Hello?”

“Aunt Bom?”

“Who’s this?”

“Erh.. its me, Tiffany. Taeng oppa sister-in-law.” Said Tiffany.

“Oh hey Tiffany! How are you? How is your husband and daughter?” asked Bom.

“We’re fine aunty. But there’s something important.” Said Tiffany.

“What is it my dear?”

“Uh.. Jessi, she’s giving birth right now at Soshi hospital.” said Tiffany. There’s a long pause again.

“TOP! GET YOUR BABY READY! WE’RE GOING TO SOSHI HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW! WE’RE HAVING A BABY ON THE WAY!!” shout Bom and turrned off the phone. Again, Yoong and Tiffany just giggle at the family antics.

--

“Sica?”call Taeng. He saw his wife lie down and her face is pale.

“Taengoo?” call Jessica weakly. Taeng smile and hold Jessica’s hand.

“You’ll be alright. I’m here.” Said Taeng.

“Thankyou.” Said Jessica and smile gently. Umma, Yul, please give my wife strength.. pray Taeng.

“Are you ready Mrs Kim?” Jessica turned her head to see Taeng. Taeng nodded and kiss her forehead.

“I’ll be here with you.” said Taeng. Jessica smile.

“Yes, i’m ready.”

--

Tiffany and Yoong is waiting outside the operating room. Tiffany sit on the chair wih Sulli while Yoong walking around. He’s so worried about his sister.

“Yoong, sit here. Your sister will be alright.” Said Tiffany and patted the chair beside her. Yoong sigh and sit. He take Sulli from Tiffany and hug her.

“Does it hurt?” asked Yoong. Tiffany look at her husband.

“What’s hurt?” asked Tiffany.

“Giving birth.” Said Yoong. Tiffany smile and rest her head on his husband shoulder.

“It hurts. Really. But when i saw you standing beside me, holding my hand, and keep support me, i felt really strong. And when our baby is born and i can hear her cry, thats the happiest moment in my whole life. And then you bring her to me with happy face and hold back your happy tears, i felt my energy is back.” Said Tiffany. Yoong smile.

“So noona will have a strength if Taeng hyung is in there?” asked Yoong. Tiffany nodded.

“Of course she will.” Said Tiffany and kiss her husband cheek. And then, Bom and TOP is arrived at the hospital.

“Fany! How’s Sica?” asked Bom.

“She’s inside aunty. Taeng oppa is inside already.” Said Tiffany. Bom sigh and sit beside Tiffany with TOP beside her. And then, she spot a little baby on Yoong’s arm.

“Omoo is she your daughter??” asked Bom. Tiffany nodded and take Sulli from Yoong’s arm.

“Yes aunty. She’s Sulli Jung.” Said Tiffany.

“Can i hold her??” asked Bom. Tiffany nodded and give Sulli to Bom. Bom hold Sulli and play with her. Sulli laugh and give Bom her eye smiling.

“Omoo!! You’re soooooo cute!! She gave me eye-smile TOP!! She’s soo cute! Let’s have one TOP!!” said Bom excited. TOP shake his head.

“Bommie, Sunny is almost 22, Seungri is 20 and Minji is 17. You want to give them a little sister? Why didn’t we wait for Sunny or Seungri until they get married?” said TOP. Bom pouted but smile right away.

“You’re right! I’ll tell them to get married then.” Said Bom and continue playing with Sulli. Suddenly, they heard someone running to them.

“Where’s my son and my daughter?!! Is my grandchild born yet?!” asked Taeyang panicked. TOP dragged him to sit beside him.

“Jessi is inside now Aboji. And Taeng oppa is inside with her.” said Tiffany. Taeyang nodded and spotted Sulli.

“Omoo. Is that your daughter??” asked Taeyang to Yoong and Tiffany. Yoong smile.

“Yeah. She’s our princess. She’s cute isn’t she aboji?” said Yoong. Taeyang nodded.

“She’s so cute!” said Taeyang and kiss Sulli cheek. Sulli give her grandfather eye-smile. Then, they heard a baby crying from the operating room. All of them stand up and and look at the operating door.

--

“Oee.. oee... oee..” a soft cry echoed inside the operating room. Taeng smile widely and Jessica take a breath. The nurse hold the newborn baby and clean him. After that she walk toward Taeng and give Taeng his baby.

“Congratulation Mr Kim. You’ve got a very handsome son.” Said the nurse while smiling. Taeng take his newly born son and hold him. He try to hold back his tears but when he saw his son, the tears escape from his eyes. He caress his son face, admiring the new baby.

“Its my.. son.” said Taeng proudly. He then turned his  head to his wife. He’s smiling widely to his wife.

“We have a very handsome prince.” Said taeng and go closer to his wife. Jessica take her son from his husband and caress her son face. Tears of joy escape from her eyes.

“He’s so handsome, just like you.” said Jessica. Taeng smile.

“He’s got your nose and mouth.” Said Taeng and admiring his son together with his wife.

“And he’s got your eyes.” Said Jessica. Taeng smile and kiss Jessica’s forehead.

“Thanks for bring him to the world.” Said Taeng. Jessica smile.

“Thanks for the best support you gave to me.” said Jessica. The nurse come to them and told Jessica to feed her son. Jessica do as instructed and Taeng stay beside her, watching his wife and son interactions. After Jessica finished feeding, the nurse brought them to the patient room. Taeng is sitting beside his son’s crib, caressing his face.

“Taengoo, did you prepare a name?” asked Jessica. Taeng smile and nodded.

“Yes. I do have one name in my head. Kim Yoogeun. How’s that?” ask Taeng proudly. Jessica smile.

“Thats a very nice name. Yoogeun..” said Jessica. And then a knocked can be heard from the door.

“Jessi, we’re here.” Said Tiffany quietly. Taeng open the door and smile widely.

“Appa! BomBom! TopTop! You’re here!” said Taeng excited. Jessica giggled.

“Taengoo.. you will wake Yoogeun if your voice like that.” Said Jessica. Taeng close his mouth and mouthed ‘Sorry’ to his wife.

“Hey son~ oh gosh.. i can’t believe it. I’m a grandpa now.” said Taeyang.

“Me too.” Said TOP.

“And i become a granny.” Said Bom happy. Taeng nodded and smile.

“I will introduced my new son.” Said Taeng and hold Yoogeun on his arms.

“Kim Yoogeun.” Said Taeng proudly. Taeyang look at his grandson and take him from Taeng.

“My godness.. he look just like you son. But his nose and mouth is look like Sica. He’s so handsome.” Said Taeyang and caress his grandson. Bom look at sleeping Yoogeun on his grandfather’s arm.

“Omoo.. he’s so cute.. look at him Toppie..” said Bom. TOP look at him and smile.

“Yeah.. he’s look just like you when you’re a baby Taeng..” said TOP and patted Taeng’s back. Taeng only smile dorkily.

“Wow hyung.. he’s sure your son without doubt. He look just like you.” said Yoong.

“Yes oppa. And he’s sooooo cute!! Right Ssull??” said Tiffany to her daughter. Sulli only smile to her mom.

“Yeah he is.” Said Taeng and hold his son proudly. After chatting for awhile, Taeyang together with Bom and TOP say goodbye to the new parents. Yoong and Tiffany too because little Sulli is sleepy. Taeng sit beside Jessica who gave their son feed.

“Eat a lot Yoogeun-ah.” Said Taeng and caress Yoogeun hair. Jessica smile when Yoogeun finally asleep. Taeng hold him and put him into his crib. Taeng stare lovingly at his new son. He can’t take his eye on him.

“We are a parents now.” said Taeng and look at Jessica. Jessica smile.

“Yes we are honey. I’m so happy.” Said Jessica. Taeng smile and caress his wife cheek.

“Go to sleep now. You must be tired right?” said Taeng. Jessica nodded and closed her eyes. Taeng kiss her forehead and his son forehead. Suddenly, his phone vibrating. He then walk out from the room and answer the phone.

“Hello?”

“Taeng oppa?” Taeng look at his display phone.

“Aah Ji eun-ah! I’ve got a very good news for you! i have a son!” said Taeng. He heard Ji eun giggle.

“Congarts oppa. But i’ve got a new for you as well.” Said Ji eun seriously.

“What is it?” ask Taeng.

“The result is out oppa. And this is not good.” Said Ji eun. Taeng frowned.

“Can you tell me?” ask Taeng.
“Yes. And i need to tell you oppa. Your condition worsened than before. I’m afraid that you need to be treated immadietly.” Said Ji eun. Taeng froze. He felt his knee going weaker.

“W-what?”
“Oppa, i beg you. please, you need to be treated immadietly if you wanna live longer. You just have your son right? Please oppa if you want to watch your own son growing up, please follow my advice.” Beg Ji eun. Taeng keep silent.

“H-How? how can my illness worsened?” asked Taeng.

“I think thats because you’ve got shoot last year remember? The bullet is too rusty and because of that, your blood is affected by it. If thats happen to normal people it should be fine, they just need some operation. But oppa, remember the your health report last year? They said that you have the same phenomenon just like your mother. We thought that we can treat it immadietly because you just have the same phenomenon, but now, because of that bullet, the report said that your blood circulation is ruined and you lost a lots of blood right? When you lost your blood, you didn’t just lost your red blood cells but your white blood cells as well. And thats very very bad for someone who have a phenomenon like you. and the lab say.. that you’ve got a chronic leukemia, just like your mother.” Said Ji eun. Taeng can’t say anything. He felt like a 1000kg steel fall off to his head. He can’t think straight anymore. He just have his son, and now he was informed that he will lose his life? Taeng dropped his phone. He only stare blankly to the wall.

What should i do now?

--

3 years later

“Sh*t..”

A blood come out from Taeng nose. He hurriedly wipe his nose and clean it with the water.

“Appaaaaaaa!!” He heard his son call him. He check himself in the mirror and get out from the bathroom.

“You’re awake Yoogeun-ah~” said Taeng and pick up his son. Yoogeun yawn cutely and rub his eyes. He smile brightly when he saw his father.

“Molning appa! Geunnie have a bery gut dleam last night.” Said Yoogeun. Taeng grinned.

“Really?? You should tell appa and umma later okay?” said Taeng. Yoogeun nodded and put his head on his father shoulder. When he was about to close his eyes again, something caught his eyes.

“Appa, there is a blood in yur clothes.” Said Yoogeun. Taeng panickly look at his collar.

“Eh.. t-thats not a blood Yoogeun-ah. Appa drink tomato juice this morning.” Said Taeng. He put Yoogeun to the floor.

“Appa will change first okay? You go to your mother first.” Said Taeng and kiss Yoogeun forehead. Yoogeun giggle and walk out from the room. Taeng open the drawer and take his shirt. After he make sure there’s no blood on his shirt again, he walk out from the room.

--

-After Yoogeun walk out from the room-

Yoogeun walk toward the kitchen by himself. When he was about to pass the familyroom, he watch a TV first. There’s a news with someone who dead last night. He saw a blood on the dead body.

“That ajusyi must be spill his tomato jush like appa.” Giggle Yoogeun andcontinue to watch. He heard the announcer said ‘blood’. He got curios what is that but shrug it off and walk to the kitchen. He saw his mother making his favorite sandwich. He tip-toed and hug his mother feet.

“Molning umma!!!” shout Yoogeun cheerfully. Jessica look down at her feet and smile. She pick up his son and kiss his chubby cheeks.

“Good morning sweetheart. How was your sleep?” asked Jessica.

“I hev a bery good dleam umma! Appa said that i cen tel the story when blekfast.” Said Yoogeun. Jessica smile and pinch his nose.

“Okay then. Umma will make your sandwich first okay?” said Jessica and put Yoogeun down.

“SENDWIC! Geunnie lobb sendwic!!” shout Yoogeun. Jessica giggle at his son. Yoogeun then watch his mother make a sandwich.

“Umma..” call Yoogeun. Jessica turn her head to look at her son.

“Yes sweetheart?”

“Can i hev a tomato jush?” asked Yoogeun.

“You want tomato juice? But its still early Geunnie. Umma will make it when lunch time okay?” said Jessica. Yoogeun nodded.

“Umma, wat is blood?” asked Yoogeun. Jessica look at him.

“Blood is a liquid inside our body. We can live because we have blood.” Said Jessica.

“Does blood hev a color? Why i can see that ajusyi blood?” asked Yoogeun again. Jessica nodded and smile.

“The color is red. Like a tomato juice. That means the ahjussi on TV is hurting. Why did you asked that sweetheart? And who’s ahjussi?” asked Jessica.

“I saw ajusyi in TV dis molning and his clothes is covered by blood. Its sooooo scery umma.” Said Yoogeun. Jessica smile and kiss her son’s forehead.

“You’re so smart sweety.” Said Jessica.

“Did the breakfast ready?” asked Taeng who just arrived. He peck his wife lips.

“Its ready. Bring Yoogeun to the dining room.” Jessica said. Taeng nodded and pick up his son. Yoogeun look at his father and snuggle at him.

Is appa hurting?

--

Taeng drive his car slowly. He can feel his body is weaker than usual. He parked his car and get inside the house.

“Ji eun? Are you here?” call Taeng. A beautiful woman appear from the house.

“Taeng oppa? What happen?” asked Ji eun. He let Taeng come inside and brought him to her office.

“What happen oppa? And you look paler. Is everything okay? Did your run out of medicine?” asked Ji eun.

“I felt weaker than usual Ji eun-ah. This morning i have a terrible nosebleed. A lots of blood come out from my nose and its too much than before.” Said Taeng stressed out.

“Did you eat your medicine oppa?” asked Ji eun.

“I eat that stupid medicine until i sick of it! I have to hide from my own wife and son to eat that but i don’t get any better!” shout Taeng. He really stressed out because of his illness. He’s so tired for hiding his illness from his own family. He only tell about his illness to his childhood friends. Because Yul is no longer live, the only one who can hear him is Ji eun. Ji eun sigh.

“I’m afraid that your illness is worsened oppa.” Said Ji eun. Taeng sigh.

“What do you mean?” Ji eun didn’t answer him. Taeng sigh because he knew that he only waiting for his time.

“I didn’t have much time right?” asked Taeng. Ji eun nodded. Taeng sigh and rubbed his temple.

“But i do hear about a treatment for your illness oppa.” Said Ji eun. Taeng look at her with hopefull eyes.

“Really?! Where?!” asked Taeng.

“Its in Japan. I heard from my colleagues that it was a new treatment.” Said Ji eun.

“So i still have a chance???” asked Taeng. Ji eun sigh.

“If the treatment is discovered 4 years ago, yes you still have a chances. But if we take a look with your conditions, i don’t think so. Maybe we only have 40% hope.” Said Ji eun.

“I don’t care Ji eun-ah. 40% is still a lots. At least its not 13% right? I really want to be healthy so i can protect my family. Do you want accompany me Ji eun-ah?” asked Taeng.

“No! oppa, what about your family? What if you dind’t make it? You should discuss it with Sica unnie first!” said Ji eun.

“I can’t okay! She didn’t know about this and no one can know about this okay? I don’t want to make my family worried. What if my father know that i have a same disease with my mom? he will stressed out. And Sica, i don’t want to make her worried! She’s my life and i don’t want to lose her. i want to be healthy so i can be with her forever! If you don’t want to help me, i will go by myself.” Said Taeng and get ready to leave. Suddenly, he felt Ji eun grab his wrist.

“Okay. I’ll go with you but with one condition. If you’re going to have operation, i will call Taeyang aboji and Sica unnie to inform them about your conditions. At least they know about your well being. Okay?” asked Ji eun. Taeng sigh.

“Alright then.” Said Taeng.

“So when will we going to Japan?” asked Ji eun. Taeng tap his chin.

“Tonight. After my family sleeps. I’ll pick you up and we will go to Japan with my jet. Okay?” asked Taeng. Ji eun sigh.

“Alright. Make sure that you packed your clothes oppa. It may take a year for the treatment.”’ Said Ji eun before Taeng leave.

“Okay.” And Taeng leave Ji eun’s house.

--

Taeng open his eyes and turned his head. He saw his wife sleeping peacefully. She look so beautiful. Taeng caress Jessica’s cheek and kiss her lips and forehead.

“I’ll miss you.” whisper Taeng. He get out from his bed and packed his clothes. He throw his clothes to his suitcase and change his pyjamas. He write a letter and put it on near his drawer. He take a look at his wife one more time and wiped his tears.

“This is for us..” whisper Taeng and quietly leave his room. He walk toward his son’s room and open it. He walk toward his son bed and sit in the edge of the bed. He caress his son’s chubby cheek and kiss his forehead. Suddenly, Yoogeun open his eyes.

“Appa?” call Yoogeun. Taeng smile and kiss him.

“Sorry Geunnie appa wake you up.” said Taeng. Yoogeun yawn and smile.

“Iss okey. Why appa didn’t sleep?” asked Yoogeun.

“Appa want to see Geunnie sleep. Said Taeng.

“Geunnie can you promise something to appa?” asked Taeng. Yoogeun nodded.

“Protect your umma for appa okay? Be a good boy and hear your umma. And you must know that appa love Geunnie soo much. okay?” said Taeng. Yoogeun nodded.

“I will appa. And Geunnie lobb appa soo much!!” said Yoogeun. Taeng chuckled and kiss his crown head.

“Go to sleep now okay. Sleep well Geunnie.” Said Taeng and kiss his forehead.

“’Nite appa. Geunnie lobb appa so much.” whisper Yoogeun and back to sleep. Taeng hold back his tears.

“I promise i’ll be home healthy for both of you.” said Taeng. He closed  the door and get out from the house. He call a taxi away from his house. On the way to Ji eun house, he keep thinking about his family. He promised to himslef that he will be home healthy. After he pick up Ji eun, they go to the airport. At 2 in the morning, they fly to Japan.

--

Jessica awake from her slumber and rub her eyes. She open her eyes and saw nothing beside her. She look around the room.

“Taeng?” call Jessica. Get no response, she get up from her bed and walk toward the bathroom.

“Taeng?” call Jessica again.

“Where is he?” asked Jessica to herself.

“Maybe he’s in downstair.” Said Jessica and washed her face. She walk out from the bathroom and pass the drawer. She saw a paper and open it.

Dear My lovely wife,

Mabe when you saw this letter, i’m not in the house anymore. I can’t tell you why but this is very important. I’m doing this for our family sake. I love you and Yooguen so much, thats why i need to go away from both of you. i don’t know if i can come back to you or no. Please forgive me. i can’t tell you yet the reason why i need to leave you. i don’t even tell my dad. Can you please tell him? Please take care of our son for me. let him know that i leave him because i love him so much. i’m so sorry for leaving you but i hope you understand. You have to be strong for our son sake okay? I love you so much. i’m sorry that i have to leave you.


With love,

Your Stupid Husband


Jessica close . Tears run down from her face. She can’t believe that her husband leave her and her son. She get out from the room and run downstairs.

“KIM TAENG! THIS IS NOT FUNNY! Please tell me this is a joke! Shout Jessica. She chekced all the room on their house and found nothing. She fell on her knees and crying.

“Umma?” call Yoogeun and rub his eyes. Jessica turned her head and saw her son. She go to her son and hug him.

“Umma.. why are you crying?” asked Yoogeun.

“Geunnie, did you see appa?” asked Jessica desperately.

“I saw appa last nite in my rum. Appa said Geunnie hev to protect umma and be a gut boy.” Said Yoogeun smiling. Jessica crying louder. Yoogeun confused with his mother action.

“U-Umma.. wat hapen?” asked Yoogeun.

“Appa.. leaving..” said Jessica.

“No.. appa is not leving umma. He’s still sleeping.” Said Yoogeun.

“I will wek appa. Umma go prepare brekfast.” Said Yoogeun and leave Jessica. Jessica crying harder.

“He’s leaving us Yoogeun.. he’s leaving..” whisper Jessica.

“APPAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!” she heard Yoogeun shout loudly. She can only cryig because of that.

“APPAAAA!! Were ar yu?? Appaaaaaaaaa!!” shout Yoogeun. Jessica can hear her son steps and sobs.

“Umma.. appa is gone.. were is appa? I want appa..” sobs Yoogeun. Jessica hug her son.

“I don’t know Geunnie.. umma don’t know too..” sobs Jessica.

Taeng.. where are you..

--

-Present time-

Jessica wipe her tears and put the photo on the table. She walk toward her son room.

“Geunnie, wake up.” said Jessica. Yoogeun open his eyes slowly.

“I’m sleepy..” said Yoogeun and rub his eyes. Jessica smile and kiss Yoogeun forehead.

“Umma will make sandwich for you if your wake now.” said Jessica. Yoogeun smile but frowned.

“Whats wrong?” asked Jessica.

“Umma crying again?” asked Yoogeun and wiped his mother tears.

“Ah.. no umma just awake before come here.” Said Jessica. Yoogeun smile and hug his mother.

“I love you umma.” Said Yoogeun. Jessica try to hold her tears.

“I love you too sweetheart.” Said Jessica. Suddenly, Tiffany shout from downstairs.

“Jessi, you’ve got a call!” said Tiffany.

“Lets go downstairs.” Said Jessica and pick up Yoogeun. They walk downstair and Jessica put Yoogeun down, and answer the phone.

“Hello?”

“Unnie?” Jessica froze.

“J-Ji eun?” asked Jessica trembling. Tiffany turn her head. Yoong put down his newspaper and go to his sister.

“Yes unnie. Its me.” said Ji eun. Jessica crying.

“Where are you? wheres Taeng?” asked Jessica.

“Unnie, i want you to calm down first and i will answer all your question okay.” Said Ji eun. Jessica calmed down and put the phone to headspeaker so Yoong and Tiffany can hear it too.

“Me and Taeng oppa is in Japan now. I’m perfectly fine but Taeng oppa no. There’s something happen with him, thats why we’re here now. Taeng oppa have a same disease like his late mother, chronic leukemia. It worsened 4 years ago when he get shoot. But he refused to get treatment because he want to be with you. But a years ago, he’s condition is worsened. He’s face paler and he get nosebleed often. Thats when i know that he’s condition is worsened and if he didn’t be treated soon, he will only have 4 months. When i told him that in Japan he can get a treatment, he said that he want to go here. At first, i refuse him because the chances is only 40% he didn’t get your permission and he didn’t tell you about his illness. But he insist that at least, 40% is still big and he didn’t want to worried you and want to be healthier so he can protect his family. I agreed with him with one condition, if he going to get any operation, i’ll call you and Taeyang aboji to tell both of you his condition. Can you tell Taeyang aboji about this? And like what i said before, i agreed with him with one condition. He’s in operating room for almost 6 hours right now. the nurse said, they almost lost him twice. Unnie, i beg you to come here with Taeyang aboji. Please i begging on you. He need you adn Yoogeun support. Please unnie.” Plead Ji eun. Jessica is crying. She didn’t know that her husband is fighting for live with them.

“Please.. tell me where are you..”

--

“Mommy, where are we?” asked Sulli. She’s been carried by her father.

“We are in Japan now sweety.” Said Tiffany.

“Why we’re here?” she asked again.

“We need to find Yoogeunnie’s appa.” Said Tiffany again. Sulli nodded and notice that her little cousin is sleeping on his mother arms. She tugged his father shirts

“What is it baby?” asked Yoong. Sulli mention him to get closer to her.

“I hope we can find Geunnie’s appa soon.” Whisper Sulli and smile. Yoong smile and kiss her cheek.

“I hope so too.” Said Yoong. Just then, Taeyang and TOP walk toward them.

“We better move now. We already contact Ji eun and she’s giving the address.” Said TOP. All of them move to the car. TOP is the one who drive the car while Taeyang is beside him. Taeyang look paler when he knows about his son well being. He cried because he didn’t know anything about his own son well being. Jessica and Bom sit in the second row with Yoogeun sleeping in his mother’s arm. While Yoong, Tiffany and Sulli sit in the back row. They drove silently with everyone praying for Taeng’s health. After 30 minutes drive, they finally arrive at the hospital. They saw Ji eun waiting for them in front of the hospital.

“Unnie! Finally you’re here.” Said Ji eun. She walk towards the Kim and Jung family.

“We didn’t have much time. Taeng oppa is still inside the operating room.” Said Ji eun and lead them towards the operating room. They arrived in front of the only one operating room with the lights on. They sit in front of the room and pray. Jessica hug her son tightly and praying for her husband. Suddenly, she felt someone embrace her. its Ji eun.

“Unnie, please forgive him.” Said Ji eun. Jessica nod.

“I forgive him already Ji eun-ah.” Said Jessica weakly. Ji eun look at Yoogeun and smile.

“He really miss Yoogeun. Everytime we saw a little kids around Yoogeun’s age, he will shed a tears secretely. He really want to met him again.” said Ji eun and caress Yoogeun’s cheeks. Jessica wipe her tears. Ji eun look at her and smile.

“He miss you too. Everynight, he always look at your picture and caress it while whisper ‘sorry’. He always ask me if he doing somethings right. He really wants to live with you happily.” Said Ji eun. Jessica cry harder. Ji eun pat her back. She heard Jessica whisper something over and over.

“God.. please save him.. please..”

--

-In Taeng’s dream-

Taeng look aroung him. Its all black. He walk to nowhere and keep walking. He heard a voice call for him. He try to follow the voice and the voice is getting louder. He saw a light in front of him and sprint toward the light until,

“Taeng..”

He stop on his track and turn around. He saw no one but he swear he can hear someone call him. He try to ignore it and walk again toward the lights. 

“Taeng..”

The voice is call him again and its louder than the first one. He turned his head until he saw someone, standing in front of him with his face covered with darkness.

“Who are you?” asked Taeng. The man walk toward him and slowly, the darkness dissapear.

“Yul?” asked Taeng again. The man smile.

“Yul? Is that really you?”

“Yes Taeng. its me, Yul.” Said Yul. Taeng smile and walk toward his bestfriend and hug him.

“YUL!! I miss you so much!!” said Taeng. Yul patted his back.

“Still a kid i guess?” tease Yul.

“Yah! i’m not.” Pout Taeng. Yul chuckled.

“What are you doing here Taeng?” asked Yul.

“I don’t know. I was asleep back then and when i awake, i was in the dark room.” Said Taeng.

“You shouldn’t be here.” Said Yul again.

“Why?” asked Taeng.

“This is a path to heaven Taeng. said Yul. Taeng’s eyes widened.

“H-Heaven path?? So, i’m dead now?” asked Taeng.

“You can’t be dead Taeng. Not yet.” Said Yul.

“Then why am i here?” asked Taeng.

“There’s some people i want you to meet.” Said Yul and grab Taeng’s wirst.

“Come with me.” said Yul. Taeng follow Yul until they saw a beautiful garden. There’s someone standing there.

“I want you to meet my parents.” Said Yul.

“This is my father, Kwon Jiyoung.” Said Yul. Jiyoung nodded and smile.

“Hello Taeng. Did you still remember me? i’m so sorry for giving you a lots of problem back then.” Said Jiyoung apologetically. Taeng smile.

“Its fine uncle.” Said Taeng.

“And this is my mother, Kwon Chaerin.” Said Yul. A beautiful lady smile at him.

“Hello my dear. My name is Kwon Chaerin. We didn’t meet yet right? Because i’m dead early.” Said CL. Taeng smile.

“Its pleasure to meet you Aunty.” Said Taeng. Yul grab his hand.

“Come on, there is someone i want you to meet.” Said Yul. They walk until they arrived at the beautiful lake.

“Go straight to the bridge. I’ll be waiting here.” Said Yul. Taeng walk slowly. He finally arrived at the bridge and saw a beautiful lady, sitting on the bench.

“Excuse me.” said Taeng. the lady heard him and turned her head. Taeng eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

“M-Mom?” call Taeng. Dara smile and stand up.

“Taeng my son. Come here my sunshine.” said Dara. Taeng run toward his mother and hug her tightly. A single tears run down from his eyes.

“M-Mom.. God.. i miss you so much..” said Taeng and keep hugging his mother tightly. Dara smile and caress her son’s back.

“I miss you too my sunshine.” said Dara. They finally let go after hugging. Dara make Taeng sit beside her on the bench.

“You’re so handsome Taeng.” said Dara. Taeng smile.

“Of course. I’m your son remember?” said Taeng. Dara chuckled.

“How are you sweetheart?” asked Dara. 

“I’m fine mom. How are you?” asked Taeng.

“I’m absolutely fine my dear.” Said Dara.

“How is your father?” asked Dara again. Taeng smile.

“He’s fine mom. but i think i broke his heart.” Said Taeng. Dara her son’s hair.

“Why?” 

“I didn’t tell him about my condition. I should tell him on the first place right? But i didn’t.” Said Taeng.

“What about your wife?” asked Dara. Taeng look at his mother and smile.

“She’s fine, before i leave her. i didn’t tell her about my condition as well.” Said Taeng.

“And your son?” Taeng smile.

“He’s perfect. I miss him.” Mumble Taeng. Dara smile and stand up. She make Taeng stand up too.

“What happen mom?” asked Taeng. Dara smile and kiss his forehead.

“You shouldn’t be here my sunshine. This isn’t your time yet. Your father needs you. Your son needs you. And the most importantly, your wife needs you.” said Dara. Taeng smile.

“I’m happy that i have a chance to see you again.” said Taeng and kiss his mother’s cheek and glued their forehead together.

“Promise me you’ll always watching us?” said Taeng. Dara rub her nose with his son’s adn smile.

“I promised.” Said Dara. Taeng smile..

“Goodbye mom.” said Taeng. 

“Goodbye my sunshine. i will always love you.” said Dara and slowly, her body faded away.

“I love you too, mom.” with that, her body vanished with the air. Taeng smile and go to Yul. Yul smile at him.

“Follow me.” Yul said. Taeng follow him untl they arrived at the dark room again.

“Why are we here again Yul?” asked Taeng. Yul smile at him.

“Its time for you to go to see your family.” Said Yul. Taeng smile but frowned right away. Yul noticed this.

“Whats wrong?” asked Yul.

“You’re not coming?” asked Taeng. Yul smile and pat Taeng’s head.

“I belong in here Taeng. i’m here with my family.” Said Yul.


“But you’re my best friend Yul, and my brother.” Said Taeng. Yul smile.

“I’m still here with you.” Yul touch Taeng’s heart.

“Protect your family okay Taeng?” said Yul. Taeng nodded.

“I promise Yul.” Taeng said and smile.

“’Till we meet again, brother.” Said Yul and he started to faded away too.

“’Till we meet again.” and Yul dissapear. Taeng walk toward the lights and everything went black.

--

The doctor and nurse walking around the room. They busily trying to help Taeng. Suddenly, a nurse come out from the room with panic face.

“Doc hurry, we almost lose him.” Said the nurse.

“How many times?” asked the doctor.

“Twice. Come on.” Said the nurse and bring the doctor back to the operating room. Everyone froze when they herad about that. Tiffany and Yoong hug each other with Sulli between them. Bom and TOP holding hands. JI eun standing beside the operating room. Jessica holding his son tightly. Taeyang sit beside her.

“Lets pray for him.” Whisper Taeyang to Jessica. Jessica nodded and the pray together. Just then, a doctor come out from operating room with tired and sweaty face. Everyone stand up to ask about Taeng. The doctor look at them and suddenly he smile.

“He’s save.”

--

 

 

A/N i'll update the prolouge later have a nice day! sorry for the late update :(