The Trail to My Heart

Take Me (Camping)

The tents were finally all set up, but it was only mid-afternoon and you all had time to fill until it was before dinner. Feeldog was dragging Baram down to the lake to fish – hopefully you’ll have some food for tonight. Jude and Sunghak were changing to head to lake too, for a swim but neither activity ticked your fancy. Raehwan had lost the ‘rock, paper, scissors match’, he was being sent to collect firewood. Jude was the other loser, he was supposed to go too but the baby’s pout (and the chance to spend some time with Larry) had you volunteering to take Jude’s place.

You waved to Jude, who was practically vibrating in excitement while waiting for Sunghak, as pouting Raehwan grabbed your hand and started pulling you towards the trail.

“It won’t be so bad” you consoled, carefully stepping over roots to not trip. “We’ll have enough wood in not time and we can go join the others at the lake.”

Raehwan laugh. “Nah, I was just trying to make them feel bad for sending us off. I like spending time with my y/n“. Larry leaned over to bump you with his shoulder amiably.

“Me too.” You blushed, happy the roots gave you an excuse to keep your head down, hiding your face.

“Yeah? Well, do you want to hike this trail a little bit, we can just collect the firewood on the way home? I think this trail joins with the trail to the waterfall.”                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
“Yeah, that sounds good actually.”
“Good.” Raehwan grinned at you. “I’m just going to run back to the campsite and grab my pack and leave a note for the others, so they know where we’ve gone. Stay here.” He jogged back down the trail. You hoped he wouldn’t take long. You knew you weren’t far from the campsite yet, but it was still a little weird to be even just this far into the woods alone.

A few moments later Raehwan was jogging back up the path towards you, puffing slightly.
“Out of breath already? We haven’t even started!” You teased lightly.
“I really rushed; I didn’t want to leave you alone too long.” He flashed you a gentle smile and started leading you further down the trail, crowing happily when he spotted the sign directing you towards the falls.

You two walked in silence, listening to the sounds of nature and the crunch of your shoes on the underbrush. You spend a lot of the hike concentrating on the roots, but every now and then you stole a peek at Larry, admiring the wonder in his expression as he was transfixed by the forest around you.

Raehwan, true to form, wasn’t silent too long, he filled your hike with cheerful chatter, pointing out some nice birds to you – making you laugh with his poor imitation and laughing happily when you played back, warning him to get ready to run, in case that was a mating call. He had a talent for talking that you were always a little envious of, where you sometimes worried you had nothing interesting to talk about, Larry could whine about having to share a tent with Feeldog and he could have you both laughing over smelly feet, stolen boxers and Feeldog becoming even more cuddly asleep. It was so easy and comfortable to be with Larry.
It wasn’t too long a hike to the bottom of the fall, there’d been one more difficult section where the rocks were a little tall and harder for you to climb, but Raehwan had climbed them first, leaning back down to hold your hand and help you up.

“It’s so beautiful” you whispered, finally reaching the base of the waterfall. The campsite had put up fencing, to keep hikers from trying to swim by the waterfall but you could stand at the fence and feel the spray of the rushing water.

“You’re getting soaked!” Larry called, coming up next to you and tucking a strand of almost-soaked-through hair behind your ear.
“I didn’t realize the spray was this strong.” It wasn’t enough of a reason for you to move away though.
Raehwan just laughed softly and turned back to watch the water.
“So beautiful” you couldn’t help remarking again, Larry murmuring his agreement.
“I wish I’d brought my camera.”

Larry reached into his back pocket and pulled out his phone.
“It’s not great for scenery, we’ll have to bring your nice camera for that but we can take a couple shots with this? Maybe some soaked selcas?”
“We should do it quick, or your poor phone is going to get soaked.” You sidled up next to Raehwan, nice and close for the camera and smiled, waiting for him to take the picture. You hurriedly took a few more, some cute, some funny.
“You look even cuter with wet hair” you teased, reaching out to muss his hair, now just as soaked as yours, smiling at the phone just in time for the next ‘click’.

Larry put down his phone, which you pulled from his fingers, searching for any dry spot on your clothes to rescue his poor phone.

“I’m ‘cute’, huh? What kind of ‘cute’? The kind of cute where I should be demanding our next music video have something to do with water? Or the kind of cute where I should be avoiding being seen wet by anyone I don’t want deciding they just want to adopt me..  You know, for my Only Ones.” Raehwan pouted, but not the playful way he usually pouts, he actually looked rather put off by your comment.
“It’s kind of both?” You admitted honestly. “You do look the adoptable kind of cute when you’re smiling and your bangs are in your eyes like this” you smiled and combed them back out of his eyes as you spoke.
“But you are really handsome too.”
Your own heart was beating uncomfortable fast at this line of conversation and trying to not notice way his now slightly more muscular body looked with his t-shirt plastered to them, how strong and dependable those shoulders looked. Then there’s that little bead of water dripping from his jaw that you were strangely compelled to off.
“y even”, you whispered. “You know, to your Only Ones…”

Raehwan caught your hand.
“What about to you.” You looked up at him, his eyes unusually intense and without any sign of teasing. You’d never really thought of telling Raehwan how you felt, you never really thought he could return your feelings, so why make your friendship awkward? But everything seemed so right, under this waterfall, your hand securely but gently in his, with those eyes that seemed to be reflecting everything you wanted to say, your heart swelled with the hope that maybe he did.

Raehwan’s other hand came up, cupping your cheek gently.
“I really like you, Y/n, and I would really like to kiss you right now.” He waited, giving you time to reject him but when no rejection came, he leaned in, pressing his lips to yours in a sweet, chaste kiss.
“Mn mn.” You murmured in disagreement when he ended the kiss. “Not done yet.”
It was you this time, kissing him deeper, letting your free hand wander up to find a place to rest on Raehwan’s chest.

“Can I take this to mean you like me back?” Larry questioned, the teasing glint back in his eye.
“No. I kiss anybody who will stand under a waterfall with me.”
“You better not!” Larry pouted, though he clearly knew you were teasing him.

Raehwan put his arm around your shoulder and guided you away from the falls, you’d been gone a while and really needed to head back to camp before the sun started to go down. You wound your own arm around his waist, returning the embrace and wanting to hold onto him as long as you could before the trail would make it too difficult.

“I do though.” You looked over to find his eyes. “Like you. I have for a long time now.”
You were a little surprised at the cute blush that spread over his cheeks but had little chance to remark on that when Raehwan stopped walking to press another quick kiss to your lips.
“How much time have I wasted then, not having you as my girlfriend? You- you do want to be my girlfriend now, right?” Raehwan bit his lip and you felt the arm around your shoulder loosen a bit, as if he was unsure now that you even wanted it there.
“More than anything.” You own cheeks warmed with your embarrassing honesty.  It was rare to see Raehwan so unsure of himself, he was generally so confident, his shyness was endearing but this was one thing you definitely wanted Larry to be confident in. You grabbed the hand that was on your shoulder and kissed it sweetly, turning back to smile at him.

“We should really get going, the others are probably wondering if we got lost.”
“You’re right.” He conceded, tightening his embrace once more and continuing towards the trail home. “But you have to promise not to do anything cute this time, or we'll never make it back". You looked at him.
"I wanted to kiss you a million times over on the hike up and now that I can...” He trailed off and he smiled over at you. There was that cute little Raehwan twinkle in his eyes but there was something else there too. It made you blush, realizing that his words were teasing but they weren't untrue. He had no intention of holding himself back from kissing you, now that he knew you wanted it too. 

 

[A/N: I hope that's somewhat cute and okay. Tbh, I started it near the beginning of the summer, didn't touch it for months and word-vomited everything else out last night?
Also I am so excited for their comeback! It sounds so y. And I love that selca Larry posted. Gorgeous boy!]