That's When I Love You

That's When I Love You

“Juhyun-ah, where are you heading to again? I thought we’re heading out for dinner together?” Luhan asked, eyes sparkling and filled with curiousity at the same time, as he stared at the girl with long black hair in front of her – staring back at him with eyes that sparkle too. “Oppa, I’m heading out to meet Hyoyeon unnie again,” she said with a smile, “I’ll see you later okay? Don’t forget our date!” She said and then hurried out the door.

As soon as she was in the lift, she let out a sigh. “Phew, that was close,” she brushed her hair off her face and then hurried her way through to somewhere else – someone whom Juhyun knows her boyfriend would not be pleased to hear. She shudders a little at the thought of this two guys meeting. “Okay, okay. No more after today, this guilt is killing me,” she whined internally and then finally stepped into the studio (for one last time, as she planned).

At a far corner, Luhan was staring as of Juhyun stepped into the studio. It was not that he had trust issues and had decided to spy on her – it was purely a coincidental meet as he was heading to the bookshop just across the studio to grab a copy of her favourite book (the first edition, hard cover copy). They were going to celebrate their fifth anniversary together as a couple and he thought this little gift would have been appropriate since they read it together on their first date.

Luhan glared at the studio, he knew whose studio that was… and he was not really happy with the fact that she went in there when she said she was going to Hyoyeon’s. Being him, he decided that he should give his girlfriend the benefit of the doubt and went along with his plans for the day. “I’ll just ask her what that was about tonight… I guess.” He walked out of the bookshop and shrugged to himself.

The time he needed to pass in order for dinner to come was a long and painful one. Apparently Juhyun would be meeting him at the venue directly. To pass the time, instead of his usual gaming self, he decided that he would tidy up the whole house so that she would have nothing to pick on after the dinner. When the time finally came for dinner, he dressed himself up and made his way there alone – with a bouquet of red roses and the book in his hands.

At the venue, he realized that Juhyun was nowhere in sight. He felt slightly annoyed, which was really out of his character to do so; then it struck him that it might be because of the fact that she went into the studio this morning. He grumbled a little to himself, and then finally spotted his girlfriend coming in through the door – she looked flawless and so freaking gorgeous that everyone, literally everyone, was staring at her as she made hurried little steps towards him. And he smiled. He did not know why, but seeing her like this made his heart full of love… and it kind of made him forget everything that was bad.

Through dinner, they chatted and reminisced about their past 5 years together, then laughed at the silly things that they quarreled about as a young teenager. Luhan thought he should finally bring up the question about her whereabouts in the morning, but Juhyun stood up and excused herself to the washroom instead. He frowned a little at the missed opportunity, and stabbed at the piece of cabbage on his plate like a child.

On stage, the light shone down and a familiar figure was in the centre of it. Juhyun smiled nervously at the audience, and then looked straight ahead at Luhan. She gave her beautiful smile that he loves and she strummed on the guitar that was strapped to her. Her movements were a little clumsy and it was obvious that she was still a beginner. However, the game changed as soon as she sang – her voice soft like silk, deep but gentle to the ears. Luhan could not remember when was the last time he heard her sang ever so clearly.

Throughout the song, she took every chance she could to look straight at him in his eyes, as though saying “listen, this is for you”. Every single time Luhan catches her eyes, his heart expands with his love for her even more – because, seriously, this amazing angel on stage belongs to him and is singing a song just for him!

She finished the final note and spoke into the mic, “That was ‘That’s When I Love You’ by Aslyn, dedicated to my beloved boyfriend on our fifth anniversary.” She stood up and took a bow before hurrying off the stage, and swiftly back into Luhan’s arms. “Hehehehe,” she grinned her sheepish laughter as soon as she landed in his arms.

“You totally caught me off guard,” Luhan said as he planted a kiss on the crown on Juhyun’s head, still amazed at what she just put up for him. “I don’t think anything can ever beat that, really.” He said as he pulled them apart, and presented her the bouquet and book. “Now I feel that my gifts are so lame,” he said as she flipped through the book, with the bouquet in her arms.

“No, this is amazing too! I can’t believe you actually remembered my favourite book especially when you have no interest in books at all!” Her eyes sparkled ever so brightly as she flipped through the book, with a smile plastered to her face oh so widely. She did a quick turn and then hugged Luhan tightly. “I’m so blessed, thank you. I love it so much.” She said while looking up to him from his chest.

When they finally sat down again, she explained to him the whole process of her picking up the guitar, and how she would have to sneak out to go to the studio for practices in order for this to be a surprise. Luhan smirked at his foolish self and Juhyun caught on to it. “Wait, did you think I was trying to.. do something else?” she suggested, eyebrow lifted. Luhan shrugged, trying to fool her but got teased instead. “Looks like the oppa isn’t all grown up yet, huh? Hehehe.” His ears flushed red at her comment, which only caused her to giggle more.

“You know what, today’s our anniversary. So I shall forgive you, and you shall forgive my silly self too!” With that said, they continued to spend the night together ever so lovingly.

-----

A/N: Hi all! Hope you've enjoyed this. Do leave a comment/feedback or subscribe. :) Thank you!