Chapter 1

Cute Devil

 

Cute Devil
Chapter 1: Contact


In the fore-vision of a poor, intellectual man stood Park Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol, the Golden Boy, worshipped by the entirety of the school for his natural beauty.

Kris, himself, had often been told that he was pretty and that sort of thing before he met this guy, but…Park was on a completely different level.

“Um…Yifan…I have something to ask…” The request went unnoticed as Kris could only just stare at Park’s face, unaware of anything else around him.

‘Small face, big and round eyes, long lashes…

‘I think this is the first time I’m seeing him up so close. He really is beautiful. No, rather, he’s on a completely incomprehensible level. 

'However-

'I have an extreme complex towards words like CUTE and PRETTY.

'That’s why, when compared to someone who’s always surrounded by the countless amount of male students…

“It’s Chanyeol!”

“He’s so cute!”

“I just want to be close to him!”

I’m clearly the manlier one.'


To Kris, the point was that Park Chanyeol wasn’t being recognised as a man and because of that, he had seemed to reach a point of which he was the sole human being that was simply not in love with Park Chanyeol. 
Thinking of it, Kris realised that it was empty in the classroom which was a rare occurrence. Even when the Golden Boy wasn’t surrounded by his (what felt like) his millions of fans, he’s always with the other part of what had been nicknamed as the Golden Duo, Byun Beakhyun.

Kris’ focus went back to the beauty in front of him. He may not love Park Chanyeol but…

What a slim body, pale and clear skin, bright hazel-brown eyes, chestnut coloured untameable hair, lips the colour of the ripest strawberry and what was even more astonishing was the mildly faint sweet aroma that surrounded him. Kris could even almost a physical aura of flowers around him that seems to blur out everything else around him.


“Um…y-you know,”


‘It’s incredible that such a person actually exists.’

“I’ve always wanted to become your friend…” 

‘His voice really suits him…It’s soft and petit….”
“That’s what I’ve been thinking…that’s why,
Pl-please be my friend!”

‘Huh?’

“Friend?” Kris repeated, more than just a little bit shocked.
 

‘Do people normally ask these things? He’s such an embarrassing guy, I guess Park Chanyeol isn’t so perfect after all.’

“Friends that have conversations together…” 

‘Are you okay?’

“Going to classes together…eating lunch together,”

‘Are you a girl?’

“Go shopping together, watching movies on our days off…”

‘I’m the type to like watching movies alone though…’

“And have …”

‘WHAT?’

“Wait, just now-” Kris started but was immediately interrupted.

“Okay?” 

‘Was that just my imagination?’ Kris thought, confused. 

“We can, can’t we?” Chanyeol ended with an angelic look on his face, small tears forming at the corners of his growing eyes, a perfect pleading puppy eyed look.
Kris looked at him nervously.

“It’s not that we can’t,” He started quietly. He was slightly frightened by the way Chanyeol’s eyes seemed to grow at each word uttered out of his mouth.‘Can they get any bigger than that?!’

“It’s just that-Why does it have to be me? And regardless, you have many friends right?” He finished.

“They are…” Chanyeol sighed heavily, the sound loud in the almost empty classroom. “Those guys, they don’t really treat me like a friend and they don’t treat me equally, like I’m not one of them…”

Kris kept his sarcastic remarks to himself.

“Sometimes I feel really pressured…” 

‘The struggles of a pretty young boy…I can say with all my heart that I’m glad that I am not one. It’s quite unfortunate to never be treated equally but regardless…’
“What about him? Byun Beakhyun? Isn’t he your childhood friend or something?” Kris asked curiously.

‘Are they not friend’s anymore?’

“Beakhyun is…I was always easily targeted by people since I was young and so I never really had any friends. So my mother asked Beakhyun to be my friend.” Chanyeol had begun to fidget nervously, his eyes moving around in a paranoid manner. “That’s the only reason that he’s with me. But not only that but lately…he’s been telling me to do some really scary and strange things that I don’t really want to do.”

Kris was steadily growing reluctant to hear where this was going.

“That’s awful…” He chuckled, unwilling to be in the classroom any longer.

“That’s why I feel that it if were you, Yifan, I feel like you’d really look at me as a person!” Kris was suddenly attacked by an assault of big teary eyes that simply scared him.

“I really want to know more about you!”

‘Those eyes are terrifying.’ 

“I want to touch you all over.”

“Wha-” He was interrupted once again. Perhaps he really wasn’t imagining these suspicious sounding phrases.

“What I meant was that I want to be much closer to you. Please?” Chanyeol pleaded, moving closer to Kris even as Kris had started to edge away from the terrifying eyes that seemed to follow his every move.

“Pretty please?!”

‘Are those flowers?’

“Yifan, please?”

‘I do sort of want to sympathize with him but-“
Kris bowed slightly in apology.
‘He’ll be nothing but trouble.'

“I’m sorry.” He apologised softly.

“Huh?” Chanyeol seemed shocked at the refusal. “Is that a no?”

“Yes.”

“No matter what?”

“Yes.”

“Really? No matter what, it’s a no?”

“Yes.”

“Even though I’m asking you like this?”

“No matter what you say, the impossible is impossible.”

‘Ah, please don’t cry. I don’t know what I would do if you started to cry.’ Kris thought at Chanyeol’s crestfallen expression. 

“…”

“Well actually, I-I’ve never really liked having friends hang around me in the first place. We don’t have to be such serious ‘friends’.”

“…” Chanyeol was absolutely silent. 

Kris shuffled around nervously. “I think that it would be enough to just be classmates.”

“…I see…” Chanyeol replied.

‘He accepted it? Oh that’s great, now can I please leave?’

“I guess there’s no choice.”

‘But wait…the atmosphere is a bit…’

A hand suddenly flashed at the side of his head, a thud heard on the wall where the palm and the flat surface connected. 

“In that case…I’ll you.

Kris blinked, surprised at the face that had suddenly changed right in front of his eyes. Surely this wasn’t the same angelic face that was previously asking him to be his friend merely a second ago?

Chanyeol’s face had sharpened with the speed of light. His eyes were no longer big and round, they were sharp and slanted, the same warm honey colour of them suddenly a cold deep brown, his previously nervous smile now suddenly a dangerous sneer, his aura had changed into something so much darker that Kris felt kind of suffocated. 

“Really, even though I relented and asked you to start with being friends, telling you that I was willing to do everything in steps…”
 

‘So strong, I can’t move my body...’ Thought Kris, frightened. The hand that had previously been on the wall had suddenly moved onto his shoulder and Kris could not escape from the iron claws that rested on him. 

“Oh well, whatever. That’s fine. I prefer indulging in the final act anyways.”

“Park Chanyeol! You know it’s not right to force people!” A voice suddenly called from the door, Byun Beakhyun with a hand on his hip and a condescending look on his face. 

‘I’m saved! I think…’

“ off, Beakhyun! Or I’ll tell Tao about that boy that confessed to you today!” Chanyeol spat back, his glare focused on Beakhyun's suddenly retreating figure. 
Chanyeol looked back at Kris with a small giggle. His body frozen, Kris’ eyes rapidly moved around the room for any escape route he could possibly find. 

“There’s no need to be scared. Everything will be alright. The first time hurts for everyone!” Chanyeol said sweetly, his eye-smile on full beam. 
Kris was sure he was about to piss himself in fear.

“You’ll get used to it in no-time.”
At that moment, Kris shrieked out in a high note that he would never admit to having reached. It was even higher than IU’s. 

~~~~~

Hello and Welcome to this new ChanKris fanfiction! 
This was inspired by my (absolute!) favourite manga, Kawaii Akuma which translates into Cute Devil. I’ve read it about a million times and suddenly a thought just reoccurred to me; might as well make it a fanfiction! At the time, I was reading Krisyeol so that’s how this came to be. If you’ve read the manga then you’ll know that Naruse goes from cute to pretty damn macho so I hope that you guys can imagine that. Also, Kris is shorter than Chanyeol in this fic. 
I actually thought of making it KrisBeak or BeakYeol but then I remembered how much I love KrisYeol, and how funny it would be to imagine something like this, so…
(I really ship BeakTao though…)
I do kind of want to write a BeakYeol or KrisBeak probably based on Hidouku Shinaide (Treat Me Gently, Please) but I don’t know. What do you think?
This first chapter is basically just the chapter one of the manga written up, there isn’t a lot of difference…but I hope it’s interesting non-the less!
I don’t really know how long I’ll make this but I guess we’ll see. 
next chapter! (Maybe)
This was a long author’s note.
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!