Strings

young master (& his bodyguard)

Summary: "Your hair is getting long."

 

 

“Your hair is getting long.”

Kyungsoo tilts his head just the slightest bit, feeling Jongin’s finger touching the side of his forehead and pulling loosely on his fringe.

“You don’t like it?” he asks innocently, eyes trying hard to keep their focus on the notebook in front of him. They’re dancing with math formulas and his attention is slowly slipping away from it and diverting towards the male sitting beside him.

“That’s not what I meant, young master.” Jongin responds, his voice having the tiniest tone of exasperation.

The corner of Kyungsoo’s mouth tugs up and he finally puts his pen down, giving up on studying for the evening in favor of indulging himself with Jongin’s presence.

“Would you like it if I cut it shorter?” he asks, eyes looking up as much as he can. He lifts his hand, fingers brushing the fringe where Jongin’s had been earlier.

There’s no response and Kyungsoo lowers his gaze down to Jongin who merely stares at him.

“What?”

There’s a flicker of something on Jongin’s eyes before he blinks twice, as if realizing Kyungsoo has said something.

“I like it no matter what.”

Kyungsoo bites his lip at that, looking down and pretending to glance at his homework again.

“Okay.”






“Why do I need to come with you again?” Sehun whines from beside him. He looks unnaturally cute and ridiculous at the same time.

“Because I have no one else to go with me.” Kyungsoo’s reply is clipped, eyes narrowed towards the shop visible in front of them.

Sehun stops short, the scrunched up expression dropping as he looks behind them. He silently counts the men trailing after Kyungsoo, all wearing casual clothes and in random distances but he’s seen them all to not know these are all Kyungsoo’s guards.

“Right.” he says, voice dripping with sarcasm. He’s not even affected by Kyungsoo’s glare anymore with how often he’s been on the receiving end of it. “Why am I here instead of Jongin again?”

“I sent him off on an errand.” Kyungsoo replies, his voice going softer remembering the betrayed look on Jongin’s face earlier.

“And you didn’t even think about my suffering when Jongin finds out you’re in the mall with me and not him.”

“Don’t be stupid, Oh Sehun.” he scoffs, pushing the glass doors open and freezing when different sets of eyes looks at him. He’s never had to do this kind of thing outside, preferring the family’s resident haircutter.

“Are you alright?” Sehun’s voice shakes him awake and he nods stiffly, walking over to one of the males and telling him what he wants.

Sehun stifles a laugh with his hand, accidentally catching sight of one of Kyungsoo’s guard outside. It makes him stop immediately.






Jongin paces back and forth in Kyungsoo’s room - their room. He’s been home for almost an hour and being here without Kyungsoo never fails to make him feel off.

Kyungsoo hasn’t been answering his phone and he should have panicked already if not for Jinki sending him a message that Kyungsoo’s alright and they should be home soon.

He jolts when he hears footsteps outside, the door creaking open before Kyungsoo walks in.

Jongin has a lot to say, mostly about how reckless Kyungsoo is for wanting to go out without him and a few of how worried he was but that’s to be bitten down, never to come out.

But all of it vanishes when Kyungsoo looks up, eyes staring widely at him.

Jongin rakes his eyes at the way Kyungsoo’s fringe isn’t covering his eyes anymore or the way his ears are seen clearly.

It feels like meeting him all over again.

“You had your hair cut.” Jongin says in monotone, still standing frozen in the middle of the room.

Kyungsoo’s brows furrow, walking towards his bed and dropping his bag on it. “Yeah. Sehun came with me.”

Kyungsoo jolts when he feels Jongin beside him. He sees him lift his hand and he looks away, only to feel lithe fingers grazing the back of his head.

“You look nice, young master.” he hears Jongin say softly and he finds himself turning to face Jongin. “It suits you.”

“Does it really?” he asks, looking up at Jongin who only nods, moving his fingers towards the side and caressing his fringe.

“Next time let me come with you.” Jongin says, pulling his hand back but never moving away. “It’s my duty to be beside you. Always.”

Kyungsoo feels his heart throb with different emotions. There’s a slight stab of pain at the farthest corner of his chest but he ignores it; stuffs it down so deep he could never reach for it again.

“Okay.”