Prologue

I Don't Believe In FairyTales

I gasped, feeling goosebumps scatter on my body - I was scared. I didn't want to admit it, but I wanted to cry out for someone who could protect me. Someone like Suho Hyung or his mother. I opened my mouth to call for Suho, but no noise came from my throat. I began to sweat, feeling the blood pound in my ears.

 

I jerked violently when I felt cold fingers on my bare skin - wait. Bare skin? I gasped. I was shirtless. My chest was covered with wounds but no pain came from them. Just blood, cold, wet blood trickling from my wounds.

 

I silently cried out a soundless scream when the cold fingers clenched at my shoulders tighter. Then a soft, cold voice whispered into his ear, "Would it scare you if you knew that I murdered someone?"

 

I choked, terrified. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I couldn't make a sound. I heard a scream of pain behind me and I recognized who it was immediately. "Chanyeol Hyung!"

 

Then, everything went black. The last sound in my ears was a sob. My sob.

 

**********

 

I walked down the stairs, hoping to be able to hang out with maybe Suho or Chanyeol - I wanted to talk to someone who could help me. I was feeling kind of down today. I remembered that I had a strange dream - a dream that gave me shivers. I hadn't had dreams like that since I was past the age of fourteen. I sighed when I heard the squeal of a little kid. It was the neighbour's five year old boy, Heejun.

 

I inwardly groaned when I heard Suho speaking quietly to Heejun. Oh, great. I suppose I wouldn't be able to talk to Suho Hyung today. I reluctantly walked down the stairs. To my relief, I saw Xiumin on the couch, doing something on his phone. Maybe I could talk with him - he was the oldest after all. I tried to silently sneak my way to Xiumin, but was unfortunately noticed by both Joonmyun Hyung and little Heejun.

 

"Kai! Look!" the neighbour's baby giggled. "Suho is telling me a fairytale story! It's called the Three Little Pigs! It's scary, because the wolf-"

 

"Shhh," Suho hushed. "You don't want to spoil it for Kai."

 

I just snorted. "I don't believe in fairytales." Oh, if only I knew. I would soon regret the words I spoke. The look I got from Suho told me to shut up - he didn't want me to spoil the little kids' dreams of actually meeting the Big Bad Wolf, the Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, and everything else that seemed wonderful to children. I would soon realize why it seemed so wonderful to them.

 

"Kai! C'mere!"

 

I headed over to where Sehun and Chanyeol and Baekhyun were. "Look," Baekhyun whispered. He showed me a book with a golden-leather case. "Doesn't it look interesting?" He opened it, and a light shone out brightly. I gasped.

 

Then, we were gone.

 

**********

 

Author's Note: Thanks for reading, I'll update Chapter One soon. I hope you liked the Prologue, it's the introduction of this fic. Please tell me what you thought! Love you all ~ ^_<