Vocal Lessons/Tips

△G-Music Entertainment ▽ AUDITIONS FOR OUR NEXT GIRL GROUP OPEN! ♬ ♪ SHAKE THAT BRASS COLLAB OPEN!
G-Music Entertainment
vocal lessons/tips
tumblr_ntper9AOsA1uuld93o1_1280.jpg
 
tip #1
Did you have a chance to watch this video yet? I hope so, because it has everything to do with becoming the best singer possible. 
 

There’s 2 things I wanted you to realize from this video.

First is that most people probably assume the best singers in the world don’t do any practice once they reach their goals, but that is not true at all! This quick video was a truly great snippet of how an amazing singer (arguably one of the best in the world - even if she says it’s boring after all these years), still practices daily. 

...which is exactly why I asked you to watch.

But here’s what I really want you to take from this video:

Secondly, that one of the best singer’s in the world is still wise enough to know that even she needs a vocal coach to guide her and help her to continually improve…and so do you! But the good news is I’m here to help you and guide you. 

Source: Aaron Anasti

tip #2
Sing at least 10 minutes a day.You'll see improvements in your voice after two weeks if you sing at least 10 minutes a day! 

 

tip #3: Unusual Tips For Hitting Higher Notes
Let’s talk about how to sing higher notes without strain.

I’m going to give you one of the greatest tips that I know about singing higher notes. Now, don’t hear me wrong, though, extending your range takes time and discipline. 
However, this will move you down that road a little more quickly.
The best way to extend your range is incrementally through vocal scales. You don’t want to push your voice too hard. This will just add strain and set you further back, and, over time, belting can cause permanent damage to your voice, so let’s avoid that too.

So, let’s start with a scale, and then I’ll give you that tip, actually two great tips that work together. 
Take a simple five-tone scale like 1-3-5-3-1 or 1-2-3-2-1. 
Start this in the middle of your range and incrementally increase the first note. 

But, instead of singing the scale with a vowel sound, do it with a lip or tongue trill (a lip trill is like mimicking the sound of a motorboat, and a tongue trill is like repeatedly rolling your R’s, with your tongue batting against the roof of your mouth). 
And under the trill there should be a low, dopey “uh” sound. This will keep your larynx down (I’m giving away all my secrets!).

BONUS TIP:

Okay, here is the biggie, though. Once you get to your higher range, where you feel the tension and are having a difficult time hitting the note, try bending down at the waist (so your chest is facing the floor) when you are at the high note. 
You will be able to hit higher notes and with less tension, since the trill takes the tension off of the vocal cords.
This is a little known secret that great vocalists know to help them continually extend their range higher without causing tension or strain.

That's it for today. Remember to do vocal exercises for at least 10 minutes a day.

Source: Aaron Anasti

tip #4

Did you know that 100% of all your favorite singers all use this one word when it comes to their vocal training? 
It’s what can help you avoid stage fright, improve your tone, pitch, vocal agility and hit higher notes without stress or tension.
It's what will help you reach all your singing goals and dreams.
That one word is CONSISTENCY - and amazing things happen when you integrate it into your singing.

Every famous singer spends time each day, even if it’s a few minutes, going through their vocal warm-ups and strengthening exercises, which is why they are ready when they are performing in front of thousands of adoring fans. 

So don't forget to warm-up your voice 10 minutes a day! It really helps.

Remember to always drink room-temperature water and hydrate before you sing too. You want your vocal muscles relaxed and ready.
These simple tip will have a drastic impact on your singing and vocal training. 
Consistency is key, even if it’s just a few minutes a day!

Source: Aaron Anasti