Taecyeon x Ji hyo x Seulong

Imagine ...

- Two -

“Do tell me, Taecyeon-ssi, is it love or career?”

“Both”

“You can’t have both”

He thought he made the right choice by giving up on love, he thought he will have the chance to fix the broken bond with her in the future.

That was his mistake.

He assumed things won’t change.

But it did. 

He’s selfish, thinking she will always be there, with big smile and open arms, and pushed her out of his life because he deemed her as ‘distraction’ in exchange to living up his dream. Truthfully, she did welcome him with an open arms and a physical blow that he deserved much worst, but the usual warm eyes and kind smile is disappeared the moment she let go the hug. It’s a tight line on her lips and cold eyes instead. And her tone didn’t deliver the sweetness and playfulness, but emitted sadness, hurt and anger at once. He almost thought she isn’t the same person anymore. But later he found out, she still is the same, but not to him. 

Taecyeon should know her better than anyone else, even her brothers. He should never, ever let her down and made a promise he couldn’t keep. Because once he did, it will be close to impossible to win her back; all the more because she trusted he will never abandon her and will made an effort to keep in touch.

I did the exact opposite.

Then, a guy he never met before come in and she dropped the bomb that she’s engaged. He felt betrayed, sad, hurt, and angry; the mere thought of ‘engaged’ crushed his heart to billion pieces.

Maybe the cold shudder and her engagement are his punishment. Maybe she will never forgive him and deep down he know he deserve it.

What hurts the most is because this’s his-own doing.

He sighed, taking a sip of his scotch and lit the cigarette in between his fingers. He inhales deeply, allowing the toxin fill his lungs and let it do its magic to calm his nerves. A thought enter his brain, he takes her for granted.

I always am.

Inhaling deeply once again, he rests his head on the arm rest, regret always come last. Thinking back eight years ago, on the airport when she let him go, he said in between the hug, “I’ll keep in touch, okay?”

Just for two years.

She didn’t give out answer and he felt something wet on his shirt.

He tightens the hug without saying anything and kissed the top of her head. When she’s done pouring her heart out in silent sobs, he wiped her tears away and held her arms and bends his knees so they’re on the same height; speak with full determination, “I promise. You believe me, right?”

She nods, looking down to avoid eye contact.

He lifted her chin and cupped her face with one hand gently as if she’ll break from a mere touch, “I will never let you down”

I let her down.

She looks up to him, teary eyed and slowly nods before ushering him to enter the waiting room with a quiet “go” and a faint jerk of her head since his flight is going to depart soon. He kissed her forehead and gives her a small smile and make his way to the waiting room. Through the corner of his eyes, he saw Minho replaced his previous spot next to her, with an arm around her shoulder and pulled her into his embrace, comforting her while gently leads her toward the carpark.

What if I never go?

Thousands of ‘what if’ filled his brain. He should be happy; his career is running out smoothly and always maintains his clean cut, boy next door image, he had an army of devoted fans, his family now supported him fully, but the fact that he had to lose her to be where he is now, is this all worth it? Is this fame worth it?

He doesn’t know anything anymore.

But one thing for sure, he probably loss his best friend, the owner of his heart the moment he enters the plane to Seoul.


It’s been a month since he comes back to this small town he grown up in, he planned to stay another month since he’s now on his long deserved break from the hectic life as celebrity. At first, he planned to win her back, to confess his feeling to her but he decides against it in the last minute. Seeing how happy she is with Seulong is really heart-breaking. And he couldn’t help but to wonder, will he be able to provide the same happiness for her.

The answer is obviously no.

So he changes the direction to mend their broken ties.

The things between him and Jihyo is hard and difficult, she ignored him and dismissed his advances. But in the end of the day, she recognized the effort he made in every visit to her house, every meal he prepared for her, every surprises visit and a tub of red velvet ice cream when she’s down. That one night when he visited her, she sighed and said, “You’re one tough cookie do you know that?”

That moment he knew she’s ready to accept him back in her life as her best friend. He smiles softly, and put an arm around her shoulder, silently requested her to rest her head in his shoulder just like she usually does. Then, they just sit there, at the end of her family’s pier, enjoying the night and the breeze of the wind in silence.

What he didn’t know is Seulong had his foot down in between the argument between the two. He didn’t want to stand in between his fiancé and her best friend, the situation in between them is for them to solve. But, the more he ignored, the more disturbed he feels. He saw how unfair, selfish and inconsiderate of her seeing things in her perspective only.

One might confused why bother to fix the relationship between them, but he cares about her, he didn’t want to see her suffer when he had a chance to help them back in a good term once again. Seulong had nothing against the famous singer even though he knew Taecyeon had a thing for his fiancé, maybe it’s even greater that just a thing, maybe it’s love. He’ll never know, but there’s something in Taecyeon’ eyes when he see her smile, just like how he must be look like when he saw Ji hyo smile and laugh freely. But he trusted her, he didn’t want to be cocky but he’s sure that there’s only him in her heart and see Taecyeon as her brother from different mother. So, he tried his best to make her see things differently, to see things from Taecyeon eyes. 

She was mad and said he isn’t fair to take sides and should just mind his-own business.

He didn’t take her anger to heart, he predicted she’ll get mad and angry, so he stands up, give her a goodnight kiss and leave her alone. It’s always the best thing to do, so she could cool down and assessed his words.

The next morning, she knocked on his door and muttered, “You’re right, I was wrong. I’m sorry”

He hugs her briefly before lifted her into his arms, bridal style and make the beeline for his room. The black circle around her eyes, her sluggish posture and the smell of alcohol around her confirmed his suspicion on her sleepless night. She trusts him fully and he will never take advantage on her fragile state.


His two months break is up and it’s the time to resume his hectic life in the city. The scenario isn’t much different compared to their first farewell eight years ago, with addition with her fiancé of course. Even though it breaks his heart, he admits Seulong is better than him; he could make her happy and be there for her when she needs him.

He hugs her tightly, intends to enjoy this moment and imprinted it in his memory for eternity because maybe the next time they meet, she’ll be Mrs. Im. 

“You’ll come to my wedding next year, right?”

He resisted the urge to sigh and whispered with all sincerity he could muster, “I won’t missed it for the world”

Taecyeon break the hug, faced Im Seulong and speak with stern face, “Take care of her”

“I will” Seulong nods and offer a hand for him to shake, in which he did this time round. With that, he saluted them both and enters the waiting room to board the plane.

One year later

“Do you Song Ji hyo accept Im Seulong as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health until death do you part?”

“I do”

“Young man, you may kiss your bride”

His heart bled seeing the sight, he said he happy for them but that’s a lie. He will never able to. He watched as newlywed made a walk along the aisle hand in hand with big smile.

‘That should be me, holding your hand’ he thought gloomily, if he didn’t so selfish and went as far as abandoning her.  

“You looks so beautiful in white” he reads Seulong lips when he whispered the sentence. She giggled and shook her head at his cheesy words. Yeah, she looks beautiful in white, if only she wear that for him, he’ll be the happiest man on earth. He sighed; he really should let her go, she belongs to someone else now.

He forced a smile when she set her eyes on him.

Taecyeon sent a silent pray for their happiness while walk to the couple and congratulate them. He then excused himself because he needs to catch a flight in two hours. Ji hyo looked disappointed but she understands and watches him go with a smile on, fingers intertwined with her husband.

On his way to the airport, he fished out a black wallet from his back pocket and takes a picture of a teenage version of him and her, with her on his back, a victory sign in place complete with wide grin. He caressed the picture of her softly and a tear drop made a soft sound when it reaches the photograph.

Good old days. 

- FIN -

AN:

I feel a little sad because of lack of response in these stories I made :(  So I come up with a game to encourage you guys so there're more interactions between us. There’re five song lyrics I used in Taecyeon x Jihyo x Seulong part one and two. The first to correctly guessed at least four song tittle along with the singer is entitled to request a storyline with Jihyo and the male lead of their choice. I’ll contact you once there’s a winner, good luck! :D

Hints: None of the songs are Korean & one song is performed by a dj.