Final

Set in Stone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A lot of people didn't like to visit the graveyards, death was all around, one never felt truly alone, because they weren't. Most of the residents souls were their, watching, judging the people that had came to visit.

Nobody knew that this was "heaven" living in a world where you no longer exist. Most souls try to go to the city in the beginning until they accept the reality and move on. I'd see the families come and go, they constantly visited at first and gradually weekly turned into monthly and monthly into yearly. No love was permanent.

There was one boy that didn't seem to leave, he'd come to visit everyday. It was never clear to me if he had a family member here. Nobody mentioned the fact that he mourned each soul more then the actual family, although we all sat with him when he would cry at the graves even though we knew he wasn't crying for us.

He never missed a visit even if it was raining or snowing, no matter the weather or the time of day, he would come, he'd make sure of that. I didn't know how he did it, being surrounded by death on a daily basis and not get sick like all of our suppose families. He'd even bring a flower when it was someone's death date, which was regularly.

He would sit and talk to the grave like he knew the person it belonged to, he talked about his dad and his struggle to stay strong against his fathers constant abuse. On the days he showed up with bruised he'd apologize to the graves, saying that he was ugly and he knew the last thing they wanted to see on their anniversary is a ugly boy like him. He wouldn't even flinch when he felt someone hug him, because he knew we existed, he knew that we could hear him. We could talk to him if we wanted to but nobody knew how he'd react and although nobody said it we all saw him as a little brother.

"The boy didn't come by yesterday," Hoseok stated.

"Do you think something happened to him?" Namjoon asked.

"I hope not, he's a good kid," Seokjin said.

 

The next day be showed up with more bruises then the usual, the limp visible in his step. Everybody stopped and looked as we walked, he visibly tensed like he knew we were looking at him, did he?

He did his usual run around the graves, reading ever name out loud like he always did. He stopped when he reach my grave, putting down a single white rose, has it been a year since my death? He sat down for a few minutes quietly mouthing words to my grave, it was odd he usually talked aloud when he talked to us.

He stood up walked away from the grave and continuing his walk through. Stopping at a different graves to leave the usual sunflower, telling them about how his dad got drunk again and used him as his punching bag.

His eyes lingered more then once in the direction of my grave and for a second I felt like our eyes met, he broke contact quickly and wiped a tear away, he smiled and made his way to leave.

"Do you think he can see us?" Taehyung asked me a few days later.

"He would have tried talking to us by now," I said but I wasn't so sure he would have.

His visit became less frequently gradually and the bruises on his face became more abundent. He had one day shown up with a cast on his leg and crutches under his armpits, I felt my heart clench but I couldn't explain why,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter