~~~

Lee Howon, My Lovely Librarian^^

 

Howon-ah~ I’m sick so I won’t be in school today~ Mi an T^T – DiaDia~^^

“Munjawassyong~ Munjawassyong~” I heard my phone vibrating and saw the screen light up. I struggled to get my phone from the bedside table.

Argh. I hate being sick. I blew my bangs and pouted. I was down with a fever and my whole body was aching. Not only was I missing school, I was also missing my dear Ho-baby, my best friend’s birthday, and so much more.

AISH, IT BEING SICK. I FEEL SO WEAK T^T

I flipped my phone open to see Howon’s photo.

 

Kekeke, my Ho-baby is so cute^^

It’s okay baby~ I’ll visit you after school <3 I’ll bring your homework and a slice of cake from Suzanna’s little birthday celebration~ My baby can still eat cake, right? Aigoo, I’m so worried for your health T^T Please rest DiaDia^^ Howon will come and take care of you^^ <3 – Howon <3

I felt my cheeks burning. Although I was lying down, I could feel my knees going weak. Ah~ My Ho-baby is so sweet~ I’m the luckiest girl in the world~^^

Okay~ Thanks so much Howon~^^ Jongmal gomawo~ I love you Howon~ <3 Neh, I’ll rest^^ - DiaDia~^^

I hit the “send” and put my phone back on my bedside table. I used all the strength that I could gather and tried to turn over. My whole body hurt.

I looked at the clock, anticipating Howon’s arrival. MWOH? It was barely 10am. School ends at 3.30pm every Thursday for Howon and me because we’re school librarians.

I started to feel guilty realizing that my Ho-baby would be arranging books all by himself today… Aish, jinjja, you’re such a pathetic girlfriend, Dia! I knocked my forehead thrice. The guilt that I felt could not be described with words.

But then again, being a librarian was possibly the best decision I’ve made… That was how I met Lee Howon. The person dearest to me right now. It may sound cliché, but believe it or not, we first met when we both reached out for a book that dropped on the floor, and you guessed it, our hands met…~

I closed my eyes and replayed the whole scenario in my mind for practically the thousandth time.

 

-----------------------------------

 

“Oh… Mi an he, jongmal mi an…” Howon was blushing and bowed continuously.

“Ah…Gwaenchanhayo…It was…my fault… Mi an he…” I bowed continuously too, flustered.

It was pretty awkward, and the fact that we were the only two people in the library at that point of time didn’t help at all… So we just resumed arranging the books according to their serial numbers.

“Uh…I’m done with my side, do you mind if I help you..?” Howon suddenly asked shyly.

“Oh, jinjja? Oh kamsahamnida…Jongmal kamsahamnida…” I smiled shyly at him.

“So…what’s your name..?” He asked, trying to start a conversation.

“Oh…Claudia Kim… and you..?” I bit my lower lip.

“Lee Howon…By the way, can I call you Dia..? I have a feeling I’ll be seeing a lot of you so… I don’t wanna be awkward…in fact, let’s…be friends…Dia…~” He held out his hand and blushed.

“Okay…Howon…” I awkwardly shook his hand.

And before we knew it, we were already talking to each other informally. I must say that the we managed to get rid of the awkwardness pretty quickly. After seeing each other weekly, we became best friends.

My feelings for him grew, and his feelings for me grew, too. But I guessed none of us dared to acknowledge it. That was…until prom night…

Since I didn’t have a date, I stayed at home, watching movies. Yes, I used to be forever alone…/OTL/

Suddenly, the doorbell rang and to my surprise, it was Howon. He was holding a rose and his whole face was red. He was wearing a purple varsity jacket, jeans and red sneakers.

“N-naekkeo…haja..?” He stuttered.

“Eh…m-mwoh?” I couldn’t believe my ears. I liked him, he liked me back. But it was too good to be true…or was it?

“I know that I’m really stupid for having kept this for a really long time, and this might ruin our friendship, but I sorta…like you…”

There was an awkward silence between the both of us.

“Mi an, Dia…” Howon bit his lower lip.

“Uh…It’s okay…I…like you too…”

“Jinjja? You’re not kidding, right, Dia? Oh gumawo~ I love you Dia!” Howon hugged me tightly.

Instead of going for prom, he stayed over and we watched movies. I guess I could say it was my first date ever…But it was awesome, nonetheless. After we watched two movies, Howon got hungry so I decided to treat him to some dukkbokki from a nearby stall. We walked hand in hand, and the feeling was a first for me, but it was really nice…

 

-----------------------------------

 

Ah~~~ I should seriously stop reminiscing so much, kekeke. Anyways, I bet you’re jealous right? I know my best friend Suzanna was~

I checked the clock again. 10.15am? Really now, really? Argh it’s so boring being sick~

I pulled my blanket over myself and dozed off.

“Dia~ Wake up, baby~ Your prince Howon is here~” Howon said while gently my forehead.

“Hmm..? Oh…Howon…” I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

“How’s my DiaDia? Are you okay? Do you need a hug from Howon?” Howon extended his hands.

I hugged him tight and snuggled into his chest. His hugs never failed to make me feel better^^

“Thanks for coming over, Howon. I really appreciate it^^” I pecked his cheek.

“Are you hungry, baby? Do you want to eat? I’m more than willing to feed you, DiaDia~ Hold on, I’ll get the cake from just now. Unless you want something else? Do you want something else? I can get you anything you want~ as long as it’s in Korea, that is, kekeke~” He chuckled to himself.

“Cake’s fine…^^” I smiled at him.

“Ok~ Hold on, DiaDia~” He took out a container from his bag.

I waited patiently while he opened the container and placed the lid on my bedside table.

“Baby, say ah~” Howon fed me lovingly. I couldn’t have asked for a better boyfriend.

The cake tasted good… It tasted even better because I was being fed by Howon~^^

“You know what, baby?” He suddenly said.

“Mwoh?”

“I think you’re kinda cute when you’re sick~ I get to feed you, just like you’re a little kid~^^” He smiled to himself.

“Aish~ Pabo! I look horrible when I’m sick!” I elbowed his stomach.

“Who says so? I think my DiaDia is always beautiful, wherever, whenever, or whatever she does~^^” Howon lightly pecked my cheek.