His Acting Secret

His Acting Secret - Hoya

A strong and steady beat thumped through the speakers in your car, moving your lips to the lyrics your eyes stared up at the red light whilst your thumbs tapped against the steering wheel, switching pedals as the light turned from red to green, you pushed down on the gas and drive to the location where you knew Hoya was filming Mask today. Pulling into an empty spot in the packed parking lot, you carefully maneuvered your car and parked it as you turned your key back and heard the engine settle down until it was silent. Unbuckling yourself from your seat belt, you let the belt retract into the side wall of your car; your hand gently ran through your hair feeling your heart beat a little faster.

“He said it was okay, so why wouldn’t it be?” You questioned yourself reaching for the handle on the door.

Pulling out the handle, the door unlatched as you turned in your seat and placed one foot out of the car before allowing your other foot to follow. Standing up out of the car your hand closed the door while your eyes slowly scanned the crowds of people that surrounded tall boards and lights. Locking your car behind you, you slowly began to walk towards the crowd of people slowly, trying hard not to pull attention to yourself, you made it around the crowds of people and to an abandoned corner of backstage. Moving around a little your eyes found their way between the lights and the cameras until they fell upon your boyfriend.

The current scene was set up so beautifully, Hoya and his on-screen sister Jisook sitting under a breathtaking gazeebo sharing a simple yet beautiful lunch together between the two siblings. Observing Hoya pull the lunch box from behind his back, he presented it to Jisook as her eyes lit up, Hoya carefully laid out the layers of food before handing her utensils and letting her take them from him before she took the first bite and hummed with happiness once the foot hit her taste buds. Relaying a few lines of the script between the two of them, you watched as Hoya acted out the scene beautifully, making it look so easy and natural.

Slipping your hands into your pockets of your jeans smiling to yourself at the butterflies you were getting in your stomach from watching Hoya do something else that he had a passion to do well in, to succeed. Once or twice you watched his eyes wonder over in your direction as he just smiled then returned his attention back to the scene.

“Cut,”  The director called as everyone broke and Hoya stood up from his spot, helping clean up the food a little and handing the lunchbox to one of the set directors and bowing to them. Everyone bowed and congratulated Hoya on the successful scene while he moved behind the cameras and lights giving everyone a chance to change scenes for the next shot they were planned to film.

“Jagi?” Hoya cooed in disbelief as you kept your eyes on him, lifting your hands out of your pockets you lifted one of your hands and waved at him keeping your gesture small and reserved. Those pink lips of his happily curled into a bright smile revealing his pearly white teeth underneath before he trotted over to you with his arms opened for a hug.

Wrapping his arms tightly around you, you hugged him tightly back as the smile couldn’t hide from your lips either.

“You’re here, you’re here!” Hoya happily held you tightly against him as he bounced a little on his toes out of excitement that you were actually here with him.

“Of course, I couldn’t help but catch those subtle hints of yours in the commentary of yours during the commercial breaks of each drama episode we watch” You giggle pulling back a little so you could look into those beautiful brown eyes of his.

Those brown puppy dog eyes looked back at you as his lips pulled a little more, widening his smile even more, in just a split moment, his smile slightly faded while his eyes shifted to a person walking behind you. Smiling brighter, you felt his grip tighten around your waist knowing how protective he can be of you.

Watching a few people walk by, you let your arms slip from around his shoulders as the two of you linked hands and started to walk a little backstage, Hoya giving you the grand tour and showing off a little by telling you what everything and everyone does.

“Hoya-ssi~” A sweet voice cooed from behind the two of you

“Ah SooAh Noona” Hoya bowed and smiled at her as she approached the two of you

“Who is this Hoya?” SooAh questioned turning her head and giving you a warm smile as Hoya’s hand slowly tightening around your hand.

“Noona, this is my girlfriend, ______-ah” Hoya introduced you to her as she beamed

“Ah is this the famous _____-ah?” SooAh gushed as you blushed and looked down, stepping back a little knowing you were far from being famous.

“F-Famous?” You stammer being taken back by her word choice

“Hoya talks about you so much, it is an honor to finally meet you” She explains, hearing her words your cheeks reddened as Hoya shifted beside you.

“Thank you so much” You bow to her, “I have really enjoyed watching your work.”

“Thank you so much” She bows before she heard her name being called in the distance, “I must go but it was really nice meeting you _____.”

Bowing to her, Hoya waved as the two of you walked around the set a little more, he introduced you to some more friends of his both actors and workers. Wondering around the set happily, he showed you pretty much everything he could before he spotted some other actors to introduce you too. Trotting over with you to their chairs, he bowed to them once he caught their attention.

“Ah Howon, good to see you” Jung DongHwan called from his seat while reviewing his lines for his upcoming scene.

“Good to see you too Hyung” Hoya bowed to him then turned and bowed at Yang MiKyung, who was also sitting there next to DongHwan, “I want to introduce you to my girlfriend, ______”

“She is more beautiful in person” DongHwan smiled as he took your hand and lifted it up to his lips, kissing the back of your hand.

“Thank you sir” You bowed to him incredibly flattered

“You should bring her around more often, the two of you are a super cute couple” MiKyung complimented with a twinkle in her eye as well as a charming smile to match.

With so many compliments given, the edge of Hoya’s ears started to turn red as the two of you moseyed around a little before settling down under the gazeebo that they were shooting at when you came in on. Sitting down on the bench, you leaned back on your arms and watched the light filter through the leaves on to the concrete below.

“I am really glad you came today sweetheart” Hoya gently rested his forearms on his knees turning his head towards you.

“I am glad I did too, it was a lot of fun and I loved meeting everyone and hearing them talk about you” You smiled and poked his cheek cutely causing him to laugh and drop his head lightly.

“That was embarrassing” He mumbled moving his hand in front of his mouth to hide his embarrassed smile.

“It was very nice of them though” You sing moving your shoulders a little as a gentle breeze combed by you. “I didn’t know you talked about me that much…” You trailed off quietly.

“How could I not talk about you, you are my secret for acting” Hoya sat up nice and tall turning his body towards you. “When people ask me what is my inspiration I say it is you, when they want me to look at someone like I love them I think of you, I do all of my acting with you in mind. The good emotions to the bad, I always have you in my mind and in my heart.”

Your eyes stayed on his for a moment or two before you slowly leaned over and pressed your lips against his softly. Emotions flowed from your lips to his as the pair of your lips slowly danced with his, lifting his hand up, he ran his fingers under your ear as the palm of his hand gently rested against your cheek as he gently tilted his head to yours. One of your hands reached up and brought him closer letting his other hand wrap around your waist before the two of you pulled apart slowly. Resting his forehead against yours he smiled and bit his lip gently then gazed in your eyes.

“Howon you have a scene coming up” The manager called from afar, Hoya looking over at the manager as he nodded

“I’ll be right there” Hoya smiled as he stood up and offered you his hand, taking his offer, you slipped your hand into his before standing up.

“Do you want to head home or stay for the rest of the day?” Hoya questioned swinging your linked hands in his slowly while he wondered over to his makeup station.

“I would love to stay if it isn’t any trouble” You slipped your free hand into your pocket, keeping your eyes down on the ground watching the toes of your shoes.

“Then it is settled” Hoya pressed his lips against your temple as he got ready for his next scene, “Maybe I should ask the manager to give you a small role in the drama”

“Yah! You are such a tease” You pushed his shoulder playfully while his heavenly laughter filled the air around the two of you before you went to go find a spot to watch his next scene while he got ready.

Standing back behind the scenes you watched the next scene that he acted in as you happily watched him brightly being so proud of him and his skills. Feeling proud that he is doing what he loves and that it is showing to all of those who are around him as well as his fans. You couldn’t have been prouder of your boyfriend and can’t wait to see what is in store for him in the future.