01: the switching

Switched Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“ It was her wedding day today. But it wasn't her that got married. 

It was me.”

 

Luhan stood at the altar with a shaking body. Mrs. Park's assistant had just came in, telling everyone that the bride's arrival would be delayed because of a few 'technical difficulties'.

 

That worried Luhan. 


He and Chorong had done nothing but fight for the past 2 weeks, Chorong had been obviously hinting at him about how she didn't want the wedding anymore. But Luhan refused. Luhan knew how Chorong would make up things like that whenever she got mad, so he knew there was nothing to worry about. 


But now that he had heard what Mrs.Park's assistant had told everyone, he started having seconds thought. Maybe Chorong had been serious about not wanting to marry him anymore.


When he heard the piano starting to play, he turned his head to the opening doors. There stood his beautiful bride, dressed in the white gown she had been dreaming of for the past 4 years. 


He sighed in relief, so she was making things up again. Seeing his bride being escorted by her father down the aisle, brought a smile to his face. But with every step she took, the closer Luhan saw her face, he felt that there was something different about Chorong, it almost felt somewhat odd to him.


'It's probably her makeup, that's it, it's her makeup. Don't people's face look different with make up on?' Luhan thought as he tried to calm himself seeing Chorong and her father getting closer to him.


In a blink of an eye, Mr Park had already handed over his daughter to Luhan, when he looked at Chorong, his face couldn't stop going red. She was so beautiful. But then he noticed the difference in her height and the fact that Juhyeon was missing. She was supposed to be Chorong's bride's maid but she was nowhere to be seen. 


Turning his attention back to the priest, their wedding ceremony had officially started. 


During that time, Luhan couldn't help but be distracted by Chorong's change of height. Normally when she wore heels, her eyes would be levelled with his nose, but right now her eyes were levelled with his lips. Only one conclusion came to his head.


'Maybe she's using lower heels...'


Completely distracted about his brides height, the groom didn't realise that it was already time for their 'I do vows'.


"Do you, Lu Han, take Miss Park to be your wedded wife, to cherish in love and in friendship, in strength and in weakness, in success and in disappointment, to love her faithfully, today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you shall live?"


Without hesitation he answered a clear "I do", although the fact that they called her Miss Park and not by her full name, Park Chorong, disturbed him. Now that it was Chorong's turn, he slowly slid his hand and intertwined it with her hers.


"Do you, Miss Park, take Lu Han to be your wedded husband, to cherish in love and in friendship, in strength and in weakness, in success and in disappointment, to love him faithfully, today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you shall live?"


Feeling Chorong's small hands tremble inside of his, Luhan let out a small, gentle squeeze. 


"I-I...I do.." She mumble, stuttering in between the two words. Luhan's hold on her hand tightened, frightening the girl.


" I pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride." The priest instructs Luhan.


Letting go of Chorong's hand, Luhan turned his body 90 degrees to face his new wife. Lifting up the veil from her face, slowly he leaned in. He could feel that his 'Chorong' was slightly taken a back at his actions. Leaning in closer to her, the girl all of a sudden felt a source of warmth resting on her lips. The warmth then all of a sudden spreaded across her face as Luhan didn't break the kiss.

 

 

*1 hour before the wedding ceremony*


Gently holding onto her sister's arm, Chorong whispered into Juhyeon's ear; "I don't want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter