I'd lie

I'd Lie

I don’t think that passenger seat
Has ever looked this good to me
He tells me about his night
And I count the colors in his eyes
He’ll never fall in love he swears
As he runs his fingers through his hair
I’m laughing 'cause I hope he's wrong
And I don't think it ever crossed his mind
He tells a joke, I fake a smile
But I know all his favorite songs


I had just finished getting ready for school when I heard a car horn honking from outside so I quickly grabbed my bag and ran downstairs. Once I was out the door I saw Chanyeol sitting in his car waiting for me. A smile instantly crept on my face at the sight of my best friend and I ran over. Just as I was about to open the car door Chanyeol opened it for me.
"Get in Princess." He said, sliding his sunglasses down his nose to look at me over the top of them. I laughed as I climbed in, putting my bag by my feet.
"If I'm the princess then you're the prince." I winked at him and he chuckled.
"And Kris is the scary dragon." He joked and I grinned at him. He started the car and I watched as he placed his large hands on the steering wheel.
"Why are you wearing sunglasses, it's not even sunny." I said, glancing at the cloudy sky. It was just an excuses so I could see his beautiful eyes, but I wasn't going to tell him that.
"Baekhyun, I'm trying to be cool." He said and I raised my eyebrows at him. "Am I not cool?" He asked.
"No, you're a dork." I told him before reaching over and pulling his sunglasses off his face and putting them on myself. He laughed at I done the duck face while wearing them.
"Okay, not cool. I get it." He said. I pulled the sunglasses off and shoved them in the glovebox.
"How was work last night?" I asked. Chanyeol worked as a bar tender some evenings, since he is now 18, though he's not allowed to drink anything while he's working.
"It was alright. Weekdays are always better. But there was this one girl who kept flirting with me and it didn't matter how many times I told her I wasn't interested, she just wouldn't back off. I don't get girls. I'm going to be single forever, it's way easier." He told me and I laughed, hoping to god that he would change his mind and see what was right in front of him.
"I'm going to put the radio on." I said, leaning over and turning it on. It was a song we didn't like so I turned it over and Uptown Funk started playing. I wasn't a big fan of the song, but Chanyeol was so I left it on. 
"Yes, I love this song!" Chanyeol exclaimed and I laughed as he began singing along.


And...
I could tell you his favorite color's green
He loves to argue, born on the seventeenth
His sister's beautiful, he has his father’s eyes
And if you asked me if I love him,
I’d lie

In biology we had to make flash cards and Chanyeol said he would get the paper and I could get the pens. Walking over to the pot of pens I noticed that the only colours left were orange and one green one. I hated the orange ones, but I knew that green was Chanyeol's favourite colour, so I picked up the green one and one of the orange ones before taking them over to our table and handing Chanyeol the green one. He grinned at me when he saw his pen was green.
"You're too good to me Baek." He said.
"I know." I told him, making him chuckle. I tried not to stare as he laughed, but his smile was my favourite thing about him. 
"Are you coming round tonight? My mum's making your favourite." Chanyeol said and I nodded.
"Anything for your mums cooking." I told him and he laughed.

Later when we were at his house, his mum greeted me like a second son.
"Hello Baekhyun, how was school?" She asked as the two came through the door.
"It was good, I worked hard." I said and she smiled, ruffling my hair.
"Well done." She said before turning to her son. "What about you Chanyeol?" She asked him.
"Well...I had pizza for lunch." Chanyeol told her and she slapped the back of his head.
"I meant school work. Or did you make Baekhyun do it all for you again?" She asked.
"No, of course not. Just most of it!" He winked before dragging me out of the room and up the stairs while his mum cursed him from the kitchen. On our way to his room his sister came out of the bathroom.
"Hey Baekhyun!" She greeted me cheerfully. I had always admired how beautiful she was and she was so kind too, we got along well and I was sure she liked me more than she liked her brother sometimes.
"Hey!" I said as Chanyeol opened his bedroom door.
"Chanyeol you owe me money!" She called out but Chanyeol just pulled me inside his room and shut the door behind us, ignoring his sister.
"You shouldn't ignore your sister." I told him as we both collapsed on his bed.
"As if you've never ignored your brother." He said, elbowing me. 
"Whatever." I said, shoving him so he nearly fell of the bed. He managed to stop himself from falling by grabbing onto me, one arm wrapped round my waist and the other clutching desperately onto my arm. I practically stopped breathing just because he was touching me and I knew that my feelings were getting out of hand. But he was my best friend so I had to keep myself under control.
"Yah!" I yelled, hitting him with my free arm. "Let go!" I said. But he only latched on tighter, desperate not to fall on the floor.
"I can't. I'll fall." He said.
"I don't care." I told him, still hitting him to get him to let go. Unfortunately, I hit him quite hard and he lost his balance and fell. But his grip on me was too tight so we both ended up falling onto the floor, me on top of him. I heard him grunt at the impact and looked up to see that our faces were really close.
"You idiot." I said and he chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist. My heart beat was out of control and I realised just how compromising our position was. I was straddling him; one leg on each side of his hips. I gulped, staring at his face. He stared back at me, his brown eyes scanning my face as if seeing me for the first time. There was something unreadable in his gaze and I really wanted to close the gap between us and kiss him. I was seriously considering it.
"Boys! Dinner's ready!" Chanyeol's mum suddenly called out and we both quickly jumped apart. I could feel heat rushing up my neck and face and my heart was racing.
"We should...we should um- go down." Chanyeol said, breaking the awkward silence.
"Y-yeah." I responded, not looking at him.


He looks around the room
Innocently overlooks the truth
Shouldn’t a light go on?
Doesn’t he know that I’ve had him memorized for so long?
He sees everything black and white
Never let nobody see him cry
I don’t let nobody see me wishing he was mine

Chanyeol and I went back to normal after the almost-kiss incident, like it never happened. I was partly glad because it was embarrassing and I didn't know how he felt, but also partly sad because now I might never know. There were lots of girls in our school who thought Chanyeol was attractive and would date him if they could, but Chanyeol was dismissive of them. Occasionally he'd look around at the girls in our class to see if he might be interested in them, but he always came up short.
"What about Jessica? Out of ten?" I asked him as we sat in class.
"Hmm, 6 maybe 7 on a good day." He said. 
"Dara?" I asked.
"8 or 9." He told me.
"Why don't you date her then?" I questioned him. I was scared that maybe he would say that he would date her.
"She's pretty and nice and smart, but she's really not for me." He said without looking at me. I nodded, sad that he only ever considered the girls in our class, but he never even glanced at me. A few of my other friends who new how I felt about Chanyeol said that it was really obvious. But Chanyeol still seemed to have no idea about my feelings and sometimes it made me so mad. I always paid attention to him, not matter what, I followed him around like a lost puppy. How did he not know how I felt?

I remember when I told him I was gay and he just accepted me instantly. When I asked him why he just said "You're still the same person, it doesn't matter to me who you like." And that was that. He'd never asked me if I liked anyone. Maybe he just thought that I would tell him if I did or maybe he didn't want to hear about all my gay stuff. He hadn't brought up my uality since I'd told him, but he never tried to push me towards girls or ask me if I thought he was attractive (like Jongdae had done when I told him, which earned him an elbow in the ribs). I always made sure that I didn't stare at him too long in class or gawk at his body when we got changed for gym. He was my best friend and he didn't need to know about the secret feelings I harboured for him. I also didn't want the rest of our school to find out, especially since they didn't even know I was gay. Worse gay and in love with my best friend.


He stands there, then walks away
My god if I could only say,
"I’m holding every breath for you..."

We had gone to one of Jongdae's famous parties. I'd worn my skinniest skinny jeans that made my look great and though Chanyeol wasn't wearing anything spectacular he still looked incredible in my eyes. I had only had a couple of drinks so I was a bit tipsy, but not drunk. Chanyeol hadn't drank anything, since he was my designated driver. I was blabbering to him about something meaningless, mostly just to watch him chuckle at me, when a pretty girl came over and started flirting with Chanyeol. I waited for him to let her down, but the moment never came. Then he actually started flirting back and my heart shattered. I got up, mumbling something to do with peeing, though I was sure he wasn't paying attention to me anymore. Then I walked out of the house to get some air.
"Hey cutie, what's your name?" A guy I recognised from the football team asked as he approached me.
"Leave me alone." I said. But he continued his advances, grabbing my wrist in one hand and placing the other on my . "Get off!" I yelled, trying to push him off. But he was stronger and I was kind of drunk so my attempts were futile. 
"Come one pretty thing, why don't you come home with me and we can have a good time." He said as his hand squealed at my .
"No!" I shouted, still pushing at him. "Chanyeol!" I called out. I had a feeling my best friend couldn't hear me from inside the house, but I continued calling his name anyway. Even as the guy pushed me to the ground and started ping my jeans. "Chanyeol!" I called out in more of a sob as the guy began pulling my jeans down. I was helpless as the guy was sat on top of me and I was so scared, practically frozen in fear.
"Hey! Get off him!" I heard a familiar voice shout from behind the guy. The the footballer was pulled off me and shoved to the ground. "What do you think you're doing?" Chanyeol yelled as he kicked the guy in the ribs. I just sat on the ground sobbing as Chanyeol beat the guy up.
"Ch-Chanyeol." I mumbled between sobs. He stopped what he was doing and turned to me, his face softening immediately. He crouched by my side and helped me pull my jeans back on.
"Shh, it's okay. You're safe now." He said, pulling me into his arms and rubbing my back soothingly as I cried into his chest.
"Chanyeol, I- I was so scared." I said, clinging on to him as if my life depended on it.
"I know. I'm sorry I left you." He told me, wiping away the tears on my face.

Chanyeol drove me home then insisted on walking me to my door. Once we were standing outside my door I stopped and turned to look at him.
"Thank you." I said awkwardly shuffling my feet.
"It's okay. I'm just glad you're alright." He told me. He opened his mouth again as if to say something, but then he seemed to change his mind and close his mouth again.
"I'll see you on Monday then." I said. Then I turned round and unlocked the front door, sighing in defeat. Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around my waist from behind and I froze.
"I'm really really glad you're okay Baek." Chanyeol whispered into my hair. The butterflies in my tummy were going wild and all I could do was stand there in his embrace. He pulled away after a moment and cleared his throat. "See you on Monday." He said, repeating my earlier words, before walking away. I stood there for a moment, listening to the sound of his footsteps get further away. My head was in a muddle. I had been thinking that Chanyeol didn't have feelings for me for years, but Chanyeol doesn't hug people. Ever. Not even his mum. So why did he hug me?


He’d never tell you but he can play guitar
I think he can see through everything but my heart
First thought when I wake up
Is "My god, he’s beautiful."
So I put on my make-up
And pray for a miracle

I sat alone with Chanyeol in the music room after school hours. The teacher always let him use the room whenever it was empty because he liked Chanyeol. Then again, who didn't like Chanyeol? He was sat on a desk, strumming at his guitar. I was sat in a chair next to him, so I was about the same height as his shoulder. He began playing a familiar tune and I started humming along.
"Baek, sing for me." He said suddenly.
"W-what? No. I can't sing." I said but he shook his head.
"You listen to me play guitar and sing all the time, so you owe me. Now sing." He ordered and I finally gave in. I sang softly while Chanyeol played guitar and I felt like I was in a romance movie. After we finished the song Chanyeol was staring at me.
"What?" I asked, trying not to blush under his gaze.
"Your voice is beautiful." He said. That time I did blush.
"No it's not." I told him.
"Yes it is. Why don't you sing more often?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to the side.
"Why don't you play guitar more?" I countered. He chuckled, putting the guitar down on the table next to him.
"It's just a hobby. I don't really want anyone to listen to me play." He told me.
"You let me listen." I said and he stared at me again with an unreadable expression.
"You're not anyone." He admitted.

The next day I was getting ready when I saw the eyeliner I brought ages ago for a Halloween party and I wondered if I should put some on. It wasn't something I had ever been into, but all the idols looked really good with it on. I had enough time to take it off if I didn't like it so I picked it up and put some on. It took me a while to put it on without smudging it everywhere, but when it was done properly I thought I looked pretty good. So I left it on and finished getting ready for school.
When I got into Chanyeol's car he stared at me for a full minute with his mouth hanging open.
"What?" I asked nervously.
"Y-you're wearing eyeliner." He said.
"Yeah, I fancied a change. Is it bad?" I asked feeling self conscious.
"No. On the contrary, you look really hot." He said and I blushed as red as a tomato. It was the first time Chanyeol had ever actually complimented me on my looks at it made me feel all warm and gooey inside.


Yes, I could tell you his favorite color's green
He loves to argue, oh, and it kills me
His sister's beautiful, he has his father’s eyes
And if you asked me if I love him
If you asked me if I love him
I’d lie

I was talking to Jongdae in the men's room during 2nd period. It was the only class I didn't have with Chanyeol that day and so he was the topic we were discussing.
"He called you hot?" Jongdae asked in disbelief.
"Yes, and I didn't make him say it either." I told him.
"Are you going to confess?" He asked and I shook my head. "Why not?"
"I don't think he feels the same. Plus he's my best friend, I can't ruin that." I explained.
"What if he figures it out and asks you if you like him?" Jongdae asked as he fixed his hair in the mirror.
"I'd lie." I said. Jongdae laughed before pulling me out of the toilets and back to class.

Later that day I saw Chanyeol waiting for me by his car. He'd been awfully quiet all day and even left in the middle of our last lesson without coming back.
"Hey Yeol, is everything okay?" I asked. But he just opened my door for me, so I got in. He closed the door once I was in then went round to his side of the car. He got in, closing the door behind him, and just sat there staring at nothing.
"Chanyeol? Are you okay?" I questioned him, worried.
"You wouldn't ruin our friendship in order to follow your heart?" He finally asked and I stared at him shocked. That was along the lines of what I'd told Jongdae earlier on.
"W-what?" I asked, my eyes wide.
"What about me? Do I not get to know how you feel?" He sounded slightly mad and he was looking at me with a hurt expression.
"Y-you heard us?" I whispered, not needing him to confirm it now.
"Do you like me?" He asked. I stared at him for a moment, was I going to be honest? But he'd heard what I said to Jongdae.
"No." I whispered.
"Okay. Ask me." He said.
"What?" I asked confused. He turned more in his seat to look at me properly and I shifted under his gaze.
"As me if I like you." He told me. I swallowed nervously, knowing that this would either make or break me.
"Do-do you like me?" I asked him.
"No." He whispered in the same tone I'd used before. Then he cupped his hand on my cheek and leaned in. "I guess we're both liars." He said before capturing my lips with his.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sorry if this . I tried. I really love writing songfics and somehow they always turn out to be baekyeol. I'm in the middle of writing a kaisoo one. I'd take ship or song requests if you want, either way I'll probably still write more. I hope you liked it, don't forget to comment, upvote and subscribe. You can check out my other fanfics too if you want.

xoxo