Cleaning Time @ 5 pm

Cleaning Time @ 5 pm

Class was really boring. Everyone just wants to end it. Shindong was really hungry already. Stupid teacher for having such a stupid class and having a stupid rule that states no eating during classes. Shindong was hoping to hear the dismissal bell but then, he remembered that he was a part of the cleaning group for the week, which meant that he can’t go home yet because they have to clean the classroom, hallway and comfort room.

Shindong and Heechul were paired as cleaning partners. They were assigned to clean the board and comfort room. Their board was split into half: the white and the black. Heechul cleaned the white board, which is rather easy to do because all he has to do was erase the writings on the white board. Shindong, on the other hand, had to erase the black board resulting some chalk dust on his hair, uniform and sometimes in his eyes. Had hap to tap the erasers together to let the chalk dust fall out This also resulted to more chalk dust all over him because the wind blows it towards his direction.

In the comfort room, Shindong had to clean the bowl, mop the floor and spray some fragrance. He made sure that everything was white and clean. He looked at Heechul to see how his partner was doing. Heechul was simply busy………..praising and admiring himself on the mirror. Shindong decided to let it go for today.

By Wednesday, Shindong wasn’t looking forward for class to end despite his hunger. Why? Because ending class would mean cleaning time. During the last two days, he learned that Heechul would only do the easy jobs or nothing at all. He might as well have no partner if Heechul was going to be his partner.

“Hey, Heechul!!! Why don’t you get your moving and start cleaning. You can’t call looking at yourself on the mirror as cleaning!!!” Eeteuk had noticed the unfairness of Shindong and Heechul’s partnership. As a responsible leader, the decided to scold Heechul. “If you don’t do some real cleaning, I will tell the teacher to assign you as a cleaner for the rest of the month!”

Despite being scolded by their leader, Heechul still didn’t do any ‘real cleaning’. He even kept on grumbling and complaining with everything and anything else about Eeteuk. Teacher’s pet was the title given to Eeteuk from Heechul. When cleaning time was over, Eeteuk approached Shindong. “Was Heechul any help today?”

“Yes.” Shindong’s answer caused Eeteuk and Heechul to be shock but Heechul didn’t show any facial expression or sign that he was shocked.

“Really?” Eeteuk obviously didn’t believe. He wasn’t able to inspect Shindong and Heechul during cleaning time today. “Well, since it was being said by Shindong, I’ll believe for now. But I’m going to check if what you’re saying is true tomorrow.”

“Why did you say that?” Heechul asked when Eeteuk left. “Don’t expect me to change my role tomorrow because I won’t allow chalk dust to fall on my hair or my hands to touch the toilet bowl. That’s just…gross!!!”

“It’s either you do it for once tomorrow or do it for the entire month. Do you know who the other cleaning group leaders are?!?! Kangin, Mithra and Crown J. They’re all very strict in cleaning and they will do all means to force you to clean. They’ll probably be very happy to see you dirty your nails. Do you want that?!?!” It wasn’t that Shindong was angry. He just sounded like one. Heechul stayed silent. He simply glared and left with a flick of his hair.

It’s finally Thursday. The dismissal bell rang exactly at 5pm. Shindong sighed and tried to think positively. Two days left. Today and tomorrow then he would no longer be Heechul’s partner nor will he be a part of the cleaning group. He shall be free!!! He was about to clean the black board but he was surprised to see that Heechul had started cleaning it. “I thought you don’t want chalk dust on your hair.”

“I don’t but I thought I would prefer getting chalk dust on my hair just for once today than getting it on my hair for the rest of the month.” Heechul turned his head to the side to look at Shindong. “You had a point, ya know.”

By the time Eeteuk checked to see how Shindong and Heechul were doing, he was happy to see that the two were working together and helping each other out. Heechul still kept on complaining about dirt getting into his nails and one fingernail even got broken while Shindong kept on teasing Heechul about how girly he was. Despite all that, the atmosphere was completely friendly and comfortable between the two of them.

The last day of being a cleaner for this month finally came. It was Friday and for the first time, Shindong can’t wait for the clock to strike 5pm and start cleaning time. Just when he and Heechul were finally starting to get along, they had to stop being partners. Today, it took them longer to finish cleaning because they wanted to spend more time together even if they won’t admit it or say it out loud.

“I guess I’ll see you on Monday.”

“Yeah.” But even if Monday would come, they won’t be cleaning partners anymore because it was Kangin’s group turn to be the cleaning next week.

Shindong watched as Heechul started to walk away. The way they parted didn’t feel right. “Hey, Heechul!!!” Heechul turned around and expected Shindong to say something. Honestly, Shindong didn’t know what to say but he found himself saying. “Next month when it’s our group’s turn to be cleaners…let’s be cleaning partners again.”

A smile slowly showed itself on Heechul’s face. No, it wasn’t the usual rotten smirk but instead, it was a small, genuine and almost shy smile. “I’d love to.”

THE END

A/N:  Class was really boring. Thus the reason why I wrote the first sentence of my fic XD I wrote this during my 1st subject and ended it with my last subject. I wrote it by paper!!! This was written way back February 2009. ^^;;

Photobucket

I was only using the camera of my phone so the picture isn't that clear XD;; It's a good thing it's blurry because you'll all criticize my handwriting. Hahahaha!!! XD

My friend Jamielyn (i mentioned her once in "Lost Adult-rated Sketchbook" XD) Well, she was my seatmate, who was equally bored so she drew those two chibis. The chibi with short hair is Seo Inyoung from Jewelry. I don't know who the princess is XD Just some random character I guess. lolz

 

This is part of the Different Hours of the Day Series cowritten with haeki.

Please click on the ^above^ link to read haeki's fic and to see the complete table with the list of oneshots that is a part of the series.