Connections

Comfort

Sanghyuk wakes up with a gasp, and he can feel sweat dripping down his forehead, the tips of his fringe damp and stuck to the wet skin. His frame is shaking, and he finds it hard to remember what exactly got him in this state. He glances over to the empty bed beside him. He's slightly relieved that Wonshik's absent tonight, or he'd find it hard to explain why he'd been screaming in the night.

"H-Hyung..?"

The voice is so soft that Sanghyuk barely hears it. His vision is still slightly blurry, but he makes out the form of Jaehwan, standing at the foot of his bed. When did he get in here? He's playing with the ends of his sleeves, which are slightly frayed because of his chewing habit, and Sanghyuk finds it adorable. His sweater's hanging down to his thighs, and the wide neck is exposing the creamy skin of his collar bones, and if Sanghyuk wasn't still dazed from the nightmare, he'd be dazed from the way the man's skin lights up under the moonlight, seeping in through the blinds.

He finally shifts up, the sheets slipping down his legs. He's surprised they're not on the floor already with all the tossing and turning he usually does. Sanghyuk's legs are shaking, and he sits on the edge of the bed, his face resting in his hands, as his elbows dig into his knees. He hears Jaehwan shift closer, and there's fingers carding through his hair, and it's incredibly soothing. Jaehwan's touch is feather-light, and it makes Sanghyuk's eyes flutter closed, his arms reaching forward for Jaehwan's hips, pulling him forward. 

Jaehwan releases a soft giggle, and it's music to Sanghyuk's ears. He lands in the maknae's lap, his hands still tangled in the blonde locks. Sanghyuk's arms snake around the elder's waist, and his mouth find's the skin between Jaehwan's neck and shoulders. The other leans down and presses soft kisses into his hair.

This is normal for the two, sharing small kisses and holding each other is almost part of their daily routine. Wonshik usually gags at the sight, with Hakyeon threatening to hit him if he doesn't cut the revolting noise. Jaehwan pays no attention, and simply continues to press soft kisses all over Sanghyuk's face. However, the two have never shared a lip on lip kiss, but that's something Sanghyuk wants to change in due time. He wants to feel how soft the elder's lips on his, and his mind always wonders what he tastes like: caramel or cinnamon. His mind gets lost in the moment, and as he stares at the plump lips, before he can usually make a move, Jaehwan shifts off his lap and goes into the kitchen for more snacks, leaving Sanghyuk's mind wandering again.

"Are you alright now?" 

Jaehwan's voice brings him back to earth, as he pulls his head back, his chin rising ever so slightly, so he can get a proper look at the elder. His hands are still tangled in the blonde locks, but then Sanghyuk can feel them shifting down to his cheeks, Jaehwan's thumbs resting on his cheekbones. 

"What we're you dreaming about?" Sanghyuk's fingers slip around the elder's thin wrists, and he can feel the soft pulse through the creamy skin.  He averts his eyes downward, Sanghyuk's not sure how to explain it. 

"Sanghyuk." Jaehwan's voice is slightly sharper, and the maknae's shoulders dip ever so slightly. He sighs and realizes that the elder isn't going to give up anytime soon. So he might as well get it off his shoulders. 

"I dreamt that you left me. That i came home one day and you were just packing your bags. Y-You didn't even tell me why, you ju-ust looked at me and then walked out of the door. You never answered any of my calls and i f-felt like it was all my fault." Sanghyuk's voice cracked, as he blinked quickly. The dream was coming back to him, and seeing it replay right in front of his eyes was even worse than saying it out-loud. 

"Hakyeon tr-tried to get you to come back and talk to me but you wouldn't listen t-to him, and it broke me. I-I didn't know why you just left me and trying to figure it out just hurt more, I tried s-so hard Jaehwan but n-nothing worked and-"

Sanghyuk's cut off when a pair of lips touch his. 

It's only for a few seconds, but it takes the maknae's breath away. His lips try to follow when Jaehwan pulls away, but he's stopped when the pad of the elder's thumb swipes across his cheeks, wiping at something.

Sanghyuk doesn't realize he's been crying until a tear drops onto his bare legs, but when he looks up, he can see Jaehwan's eyes are watery, and the maknae's fingers are still wrapped around the elder's wrists. He sees Jaehwan bite his lip, as he doesn't make eye contact.

"I would n-never, ever, ever do that to you Hyukie." Jaehwan swallows hard, his lip trembling. He's never seen Jaehwan cry before, but he really, really doesn't want to. So he leans up and presses soft kisses to his eyelids, under his eyes, and down his cheeks. The maknae's lips travel down to the corners of Jaehwan's mouth, and he stops himself going any further. That is until Jaehwan turns his head and pushes their mouths together himself. 

Caramel.

Sanghyuk's lips melt together with the elder's, and he can almost feel the heat radiating off the other's face. The maknae releases his wrists, and allows his arms to slip around the other's waist, pulling him as close as possible. Jaehwan's lips are incredibly soft, and taste like caramel candies, and it's just like Sanghyuk's imagined, but better. Their lips stay glued together for what feels like hours, but it's only for a few minutes, before Jaehwan pulls back, his forehead resting on the maknae's.

His smile lights up, and Sanghyuk's never fell so hard.