Episode One

Fervently

“Cause you’re my Destiny. (Ooh Ooh Ooh) Nal dugo doraseojima…” The blue smartphone vibrated on the table.

    

    The man in his twenties walked to the table and reached for the smartphone. He looked stylish wearing the white long-sleeved V-neck shirt. The handsome young man then smiled as he looked at the caller’s name on the screen and he answered the call.

 

“Hello.” He greeted cheerfully to the caller.

 

“Oppa”

 

“Hi there sweetheart. What is it?” He asked.

 

“Can you meet me at the park right now? I want to have a word with you.”

 

“Sure sweetheart. I’ll be there in a jiffy. I miss…” Before he could say it, she ended the call.

 

“Huh. She must be really busy.”He thought.

 

           He went to his room and searched for something in his drawer. He found it and he took it out and it was a small red box. He pulled box lid up and there was a ring inside it. He stared at the shiny piece.

 

“Today is the day that I'll fulfill my promise to her.” He smiled to himself and then he closed the box.

 

           He pulled out a gray-ish sweater from his bedroom drawer and he donned it over his long-sleeved shirt. He grabbed his helmet from the table and the motorcycle key from the bed. He went out of the apartment and locked the door. After a swift ride down the elevator, he walked to his blue sport motorcycle. He wore his helmet, started the motorcycle and sped off from the apartment. Leaving behind only the sound of the engine and a trail of colourless fume.

 

           Twenty minutes later, the blue motorcycle and the rider arrived at the park. The rider stopped the bike and parked his vehicle at the parking lot. He left the helmet and the motorcycle there. As he walked through the park entrance, he was greeted by dried fallen leaves that were blown by the cold zephyr. He pulled out the red box from his gray sweater pocket and gazed at it again. It took him six months of doing odd-jobs all day and night tirelessly to afford the ring. He grasped the box and hid it back in his sweater pocket.

 

           He took out a blue smartphone and dialed his lover’s number. He then planted the gadget to his right ear and waited patiently for her to pick up the call.

 

###

 

           A luxurious black BMW braked near the entrance of the famous shopping mall. A young chauffeur exited from the driver’s door. He then opened the back passenger door. A beautiful and elegant crimson haired woman exited with two bodyguards at her side. They were wearing stylish black suits.

 

“Miss Hwang, you should really be at the mansion right now. He was very angry with you on the phone.” Said one of her bodyguards.

 

“Let him be.” She voiced.

 

“But Miss…”

 

“Hey! Your job is only to protect my safety and to follow what I’ve ordered! Not to lecture me like my father does! Do you understand?!” She scolded him and he was taken aback by it.

 

“I understand. My apologies, Miss Hwang.” He bowed in apology to her.

 

           She huffed as she walked passed him to the entrance. His colleague tapped his shoulder.

 

“I’ve told you to not to talk about it to her.”Said Sunggyu, the second bodyguard.

 

        Hyuk, the scolded bodyguard sighed. They quickly followed the Hwang Company heiress into the shopping mall.

 

           Tiffany felt very excited as there were many famous designer brand shops that caught her eyes. She visited each of every shop her eyes saw, followed behind by her obedient bodyguards. At the end of her shopping spree, the bodyguards’ arms were occupied with paper bags from every shop that she went. Surely she didn’t bought everything with her own cash.

 

“Miss Hwang is really an addicted shopaholic. She bought something very expensive from every shop that she went!”Hyuk whispered at Sunggyu.

 

“She really is a shopaholic. Do you remember Miss Hwang’s last week shopping? She bought items as much as this at that mall and you know what?”

 

“What?”Hyuk whispered.

 

“She didn’t even bother to take out the items from their bags.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“What I meant is, she bought everything that her heart desired, wasting Mr. Hwang’s money and she didn’t use any of the items that she bought in the end.”

 

“What a money waster.”Whispered Hyuk and he shook his head.

 

           Out of the blue, Tiffany cleared loudly. The whispering bodyguards were startled because of it. Did she heard their whispers? Both Hyuk and Sunggyu gulped hard at the thought. They may looked calm on the outside but they were shaking inside. Hyuk elbowed Sunggyu's waist.

 

"Yes, Mrs. Hwang...?"Sunggyu inquired as he kept his calm face on.

 

“I want to meet my friends at the café.”She said without even facing them.

 

“Ah… ah sure Miss.” Answered Sunggyu.

 

           They left the Gucci shop. The two of them were exhaling their breath and were relieved that she didn’t heard any of the whispers pointing to her. The thought of what would happen if she had heard were giving Hyuk the chills in his spine.

 

           Later on, Tiffany and her bodyguards arrived at the café. Tiffany took out her smartphone from her pink designer handbag and dialed someone.

 

“Hey, where are you guys?”

 

“We can see you perfectly from our seat. We'll wave at you.” Said the caller.

 

           Tiffany looked around and she had found her friends at a corner of the café. They were waving at her like one of them said in the line. She ended the call and walked gleefully to them.

 

“Fany~~!” Taeyeon called Tiffany with her kid-like voice. She was wearing a purple T-shirt, the colour that she like the most.

 

“I thought you said you were grounded by your father?” Hyoyeon asked as she checked her phone.

 

“What? Him? Puh-lease. I’m not a little kid that he can control whenever he wants.” Tiffany replied with a smug smile.

 

“That’s my girl.” Sooyoung answered. She wore a long-sleeved orange jumper with a white jacket that completed her attire.

 

“We’ve got you your favourite, Caramel Mochaccino.” Hyoyeon handed the drink to Tiffany with its straw sticking out from the cup cover. She then pulled a chair for Tiffany to sit on.

 

“Thanks, Hyo.”She sat on the chair.

 

“So, Tiff. Where are your handsome bodyguards?”Sooyoung asked the redhead.

 

“What, them?” Tiffany asked back and Sooyoung nodded.

 

“I’ve sent them to the car to store my stuffs.”

 

“Aww... I seriously wanted to meet that guy. Erm, what’s his name again, Taeng?” Sooyoung asked the petite member of the group.

 

“Uhh... Hyuk?” Taeyeon uttered the name.

 

“Ah right! Hyuk Oppa! You really shouldn’t send him first…” Sooyoung sighed.

 

“Ohh... crushing on him aren't you, Sooyoung?” Taeyeon blurted out.

 

“Eyy, Taeng! Don’t say it too loud. Aish...I’m seriously embarrassed now.” Sooyoung blushed and covered her face with her hands and everyone at the table laughed gleefully.

 

           Tiffany sipped her Caramel Mochaccino; a fusion of caramel, mocha and cappuccino, with the straw and looked around. She suddenly felt very uncomfortable, as if someone was watching her from somewhere she couldn't see. She looked around again just to make sure.

 

“I see my Reflection~ (Hey~Oh Oh Oh) Atsui Connection (Hey~Oh Oh Oh) Kanpeki Na Affection (Hey~ Oh Oh Oh) I see my Reflection~”Tiffany’s smartphone rang.

 

“I hope it’s not daddy.”Tiffany hoped.

 

           Speak of the devil, the name ‘Daddy’ appeared on the screen. She gulped down .

 

***

 

“Hey, L oppa.” A sweet and ladylike youthful voice answered the call.

“Sweetheart, where are you?” L asked her.

 

“Find me at the place where we shared our first kiss.” She answered.

 

           Again, before he could say anything to her, his love ended the call.

 

“Eyy, seriously. What’s wrong with her today? She never acted like this before.”He huffed and he was mildly annoyed because of it.

 

           He took a step and walked on the paved road to the said location. L didn’t realize that the park was odd fully unoccupied with people unlike yesterday. Everything around him looked gloomy for some unknown reason. Several steps later, he arrived at the special place. It was near the peaceful lakeside. He saw a person wearing a white dress and black coat with grayish furred hood, sitting on the bench.

 

“Yoona! Yoona!” L shouted at the person on the bench.

 

           The latter turned her back to him and she smiled sweetly. He went to her.

 

“Am I late?”He asked.

 

           Yoona grinned and shook her head as a ‘no’ to his question. L calmly sat beside her. He eyed Yoona and the two lovers exchanged  glances. He stared at the beauty in front of him; His darling, his sweetheart, his love. He smiled at her. Yoona replied back with a lovely and charming smile to L.

 

“So Yoona, sweetheart, why did you want to meet me?” He asked.

 

           Upon hearing the question from him, her smile faded and she looked unhappy. Yoona stared silently at the ground.

 

“Sweetheart, what’s wrong?” L asked again. He was puzzled and worried by her unusual behaviour.

 

           Yoona looked at him. She opened slightly as if she wanted to answer his question, but something deterred her to voice it out. She felt in a fix to do it.

 

“Come on, say it.” L ordered. His tone was serious.

 

           Yoona’s eyes were beginning to fill up with tears.

 

“It’s all over… we… need to break up”

 

           A drop of tear fell to the ground.

 

###

 

“Daddy… please…”

 

“No! I want you A.S.A.P back to the mansion right now, young lady!” He growled.

 

“But daddy, Sunggyu and Hyuk oppa is with me.”

 

“Stephanie Miyoung Hwang! I said no! Don’t you understand?! Get back to the mansion right now!” Mr. Hwang angrily ended the call.

 

“Daddy!” Tiffany shouted.

 

           Tiffany pressed the physical Off button and shoved the pink smartphone into her bag. She was really angry with her father.

 

“Miss, should we go now?” Hyuk asked. Tiffany glared at him and it made him terrified by it.

 

“I want to meet my friends first, okay?!”

 

           Tiffany hurriedly went back to her friends at the café and her faithful bodyguards followed suit. Arriving at the café, she instructed them to wait outside.

 

“Wait here. I'll make it quick.”She ordered and the two personal bodyguards nodded.

 

            Tiffany entered the café after the automatic sliding door opened for her. Her friends had patiently waited for her to return.

 

“Fany~! What’s taking you so long?” The cute and dorky Taeyeon asked.

 

“My father, that’s why.”

 

“What did he say to you?” Hyoyeon asked and sipped her cold cappuccino.

 

“He wanted me to get back to the mansion. He said it was important or something.”

 

“Aww... We wanted to hang out with you for a little longer.”Taeyeon whined.

 

“I’m sorry Taeyeon. Maybe later? I promise.”Tiffany answered. She grabbed her cup from the table.

 

“Alright then, have a safe trip home!” Sunny ‘Bunny’ replied.

 

“Bye~!”The others bid Tiffany goodbye. The latter eye-smiled at them and waved back.

 

           Tiffany quickly exited the café. Sunggyu and Hyuk was aware that she had walked out; followed her from behind.

 

“Sunggyu, have you contacted Hongki to pick us up?”

 

“Yes Miss. He’s already waiting for us at the entrance.” He replied.

 

“Good.” Tiffany nodded.

 

           In the rush, she accidentally bumped with a dorky-looking guy. Tiffany glanced at him. Ugh. He absolutely had zero percent of fashion sense through his clothing. Even his hair looked visually terrible from Tiffany’s point of view. Tiffany quickly walked away from him. The guy looked sour as he heard no apology from her.

 

“Hey! Watch where you’re going next time, !” He shouted.

 

           Tiffany stopped upon hearing that word, . In all of the words, that awful one was the one of the words that she hated the most to heard by her ears. She was furious and annoyed. Sunggyu and Hyuk that heard it we’re also pissed off. They made a silent eye contact with her as if they were asking permission for something from her. She shook her head.

 

“I can handle this by myself, boys.” She stated.

 

           Tiffany turned her attention to the offensive and bad-mannered guy.

 

“I’m sorry, what did you just say to me?” Tiffany asked while controlling the fiery fury that was fuming inside her.

 

“You're deaf or what? I said, watch where you’re going next time you bumped with someone ! Can’t you see me walking in front of you?! Stupid !” He intentionally raised his voice and it made everybody that was around looked at them.

 

           Tiffany wore her smirking mask on her beautiful and forced calm face. She was disgusted with his offensive and rude behaviour. She opened the cup cover and splashed all of its content to him. He was shocked and dumbfounded including the people that witnessed it. He wiped the caramel mochaccino that was on his face and looked at Tiffany. He was at loss for words.

 

“You should cool yourself down a little. By the way, there’s some ice to help you with it. Oh yes, before I forgot, I want to ask you something. From which era did you bought that kind of clothing? I can’t find anything like it here, it must be a unique concept coming from the Bronze Age. But seriously, it’s not one of the trends existed in this modern era. Just make it nonexistent from the face of the Earth later, okay?” She mocked him in front of everybody.

 

           People around them laughed, snickered, jeered, mocked and scolding that rude son of a . He was so ashamed and embarrassed that quickly he ran away from the place.

 

“That’s why you don’t mess with Tiff.”Tiffany threw the empty cup into the rubbish bin. She smirked proudly.

 

“Let’s go you two.” She ordered her snickering bodyguards.

 

“That was awesome, Miss Hwang.” Said Hyuk and was still laughing about the hilarious incident.

 

“Yeah. You’re seriously awesome, Miss Hwang.” Sunggyu complimented.

 

“Hah, he deserves it anyway. And you two…”

 

“Yes, Miss Hwang?” They asked together.

 

“...Stop calling me Miss Hwang. I’d prefer you two to call me as Tiffany.”

 

“Understood, Miss Tiffany.” They said. Tiffany nodded and three of them walked to the entrance where the BMW was waiting for them.

 

But then, an anonymous male voice shouted “Tiffany!!!”

 

           They abruptly stopped walking and looked at the direction where the shout came from.

 

“Did you guys hear that?” She asked. The two of them nodded.

 

“I think we should just go back to the mansion, Miss Tiffany. Your father is already waiting for you.” Sunggyu suggested.

 

           Tiffany nodded. She took a step forward and walked to the exit with the bodyguards protecting her from behind.

 

           Not very far from them, the anonymous shouter watched Tiffany from the second floor as she entered the black BMW.

 

“I’ll meet you at the mansion later then.” He smirked.

 

***

 

(I highly recommend that you play it and maybe repeat it. Try to understand it's lyrics.)

 

[Because my heart is a broken heart. I can’t let you go like this, what now?]

 

           Yoona’s beautiful and lovely face looked sorrow. L was in total shock when his lover wanted to break up with him.

 

[Even If I look shaky and dangerous. I can only hold you in, what now?]

 

“But…why? Why Yoona? Did I do something wrong to you that made you think of this decision?” L asked her. He was very discontented about this situation.

 

           Yoona shook her head denying the question, with the heartrending eyes looking to the ground  as if she was searching for solace in between the cracks of the pavement.

 

[I love you (I’m sure you do too) I won’t do it (You will do it)]

 

“Then, is it because I don’t have the money to pamper you with?” He said.

 

“It’s not about that, L oppa…” She said slowly and shook her head.

 

(I will do it, I’m gonna look at you)

 

“Or, you have someone else in your heart? Is that it?!” L asked, enraged with his own factless jealousy.

 

“No!” Yoona shook her head even harder this time. Tears flowed out with her cries. She's not that kind of girl.

 

(Please stay here, I’m asking you a favor, I’ll treat you better, I can’t let you go yet)

 

           L took out the small red box from his jumper pocket. Yoona eyed at it.

 

(I must live; I must survive, because I will stop someday)

 

“Look at this sweetheart. It’s the thing that I’ve promised to you long ago… From the time we had our kiss here. It’s now in front of your eyes.” L opened the red box that was in his hand and showed the content of the box, the proposing ring.

 

(This place is a paradise only if you’re here.)

 

           Yoona looked at the ring and she cried even more. She hid her grieving expression inside of her hands.

 

(A paradise that has locked you in against your will)

 

“This is my promise and the proof that I love you sweetheart. No one is in my heart except you, Im Yoon Ah. It beats only for you.”

 

(A sad paradise that you won’t go if you’re awake)

 

“No… we can’t be together L… we can't continue this relationship any further…” Yoona sobbed, still covering her face with her hand.

 

(A paradise that we can be together forever)

 

L froze lifelessly at the bench. He felt like his heart had stopped beating like it was violently stabbed with a sharp katana blade. It hurts so much to him and Yoona doesn't have a single clue how much the pain affected him.

 

(I can only watch you while holding my breath; I can only do so because it might break)

 

           Yoona removed the hand that caged her face and looked at the dumbfounded L. She felt very sorry for him. L was emotionless, still can’t believe what he had heard from his one and only lover, Yoona. Little did L knew, Yoona was pulled by strings and she was forced beyond her will to do this heartbreaking act by a person whose identity was unknown.

 

(You looked at me (You probably will) you didn’t look (You will))

 

“Oppa…”She called L and it brought him back from his disconnection. He stared at her without uttering a word with his disappointed look on his handsome face.

 

“So… after all these years we’ve been together… after all that we shared and everything that we had done together... this is how it ends?”

 

           Yoona looked back at him and didn’t utter a word about it. I made him more frustrated than before. He can't simply understand everything, anything that he was facing right now and Yoona was only giving him silent stares with teary eyes.

 

(You look at me and it hurts)

 

           L closed his eyes and breathed deeply to try and calm himself. But frustration clouded his thoughts in every second he still breathing. He reached for Yoona’s hand but the latter averted it. He felt bitter because of it.

 

(Please stay here, I’m asking you a favor, I’ll treat you better, I can’t let you go yet)

 

“Have you already forgotten about our promises? We've sworn that we will be together forever! Why Yoona?! Why?!! Why does it need to be like this to the both of us?!”

 

(I must live; I must survive, because I will stop some day)

(This place is a paradise only if you’re here)

 

           The gloomy beauty didn’t reply anything to the question in the whole ordeal since the start. She sat there silent. But, she understood his pain and agony.

 

(A paradise that has locked you in against your will)

 

    The mourning eyes of the gray-furred black beauty eyed at the heartbroken L which sat in front of her. They exchanged sad glances to each other.

 

(A sad paradise that you won’t go if you’re awake)

 

           L saw Yoona’s cheeks were puffy with all the tears. L wiped the tears that seeped on her  cheeks with his thumb. She held his arm firmly and looked straight at his solemn sad eyes.

 

“I will never forget you. I will never forget everything that we've gone through and everything that we've shared, together. All the laugh and tears, I will remember them. ” She stated.

 

(A paradise that we can be together forever)

 

           Yoona locked her arms around L and cuddled him lovingly. She tilted her beautiful alluring face for L to kiss her lips. The latter moved his lips closer towards her and then pressed his lips on hers.

 

(Every night, I filled with you. Now I have to fill it with alcohol, time. The arm that wrapped, the panting night)

 

           Yoona closed her eyes, feeling the pleasure of the kiss. L savoured the feeling of Yoona’s soft and plump lips. He tasted strawberry on her luscious lips, her favourite lip gloss taste. Yoona moaned a little when he gently bit her lips.

 

(The best paradise, without you it’s a hopeless world)

(I’m gonna hold you in a little longer. I’m gonna look at you a little more. Until my heart cools off a little more)

 

           L broke the kiss unwillingly. Yoona opened her eyes and they looked into each other’s eyes. He still had the cold and solemn mask on his face. Frustration was obvious on his face.

 

“Please… I beg you… don’t leave me Yoona.” He pleaded for one last time.

 

“I’ve told you… we can't be together anymore… We just can't...”Yoona uttered.

 

           It was a hopeless act to stop her from leaving him. She was determined to make it happen. But then, she saw from the tough hearted L that she knew for years, cried in tears in front of her for the first time. Even in challenging times he never had shed a tear as she was his source of strength.

 

(I must live even without you, but right now, I need you)

 

“Oppa…” Yoona slowly called. She was feeling guilty because of her words.

 

           It was too heartrending for her to see her favourite man cried in front of her like this.

 

“No!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH Yoona!! Why do you want to leave me?! Don’t you love me?!”

 

“Oppa…” It made her feel bad and sorry for him when he said that.

 

“Please… Yoona…please…don’t leave me…” He cried his hearts out that his tears drenched his cheeks.

 

“Oppa…please…just let me go…”

 

“No…!”

 

           Yoona gave him the last goodbye kiss. It was bittersweet.

 

(This paradise is a paradise only if you’re here)

 

“Goodbye.” She broke the kiss and ran away from him.

 

“Yoona! Yoona!” He shouted the latter’s name and chased after her with all the strength he had.

 

“Yoona…!! Don’t leave me!” He cried and shouted.

 

(A paradise that has locked you in against your will)

 

“Please!! I beg you Yoona!” He tried hard to catch up with the girl.

 

“Go!! Just leave me!!!” Yoona shouted back to him and she cried at the same time.

 

(A sad paradise that you won’t go if you’re awake)

 

    L accidentally tripped and he fell harshly to the ground. He growled in pain. His teary eyes looked helplessly at the slowly disappearing Yoona.

 

“Yoona!!” He cried her name.

 

           But the latter didn’t look back. Yoona vanished from his sight. L cried in agony. A part of him had lost from his life, his will of living and his strength of love. His source of power was also his kryptonite.

 

           He cried, cried and cried miserably with a broken heart.

 

(A paradise that we can be together forever)

 

To Be Continued