Sweet like Suga

The Cheerleader and The Bangtan Boys

Dahyun went to school full of worries. Oh what if he told! Then Cindy would kick me off the team and I’ll get expelled!

She was so deep in her thoughts she didn’t even notice there was someone waiting for her on the steps of the school. “Dahyun” he called.

“Suga?” Dahyun blinked a few times to make sure he was real. ”What are you doing here?”

Suga smiled “I came to see you”

Then Dahyun remembered all of the history she had with him and she realized how much she didn’t want to see him. “Okay well you saw me, now go home”

“C’mon, you can’t still be mad at me”

“Oh I am. Now leave me alone” Dahyun walked inside leaving Suga out in front of the school.

-

In the hallway Jin was walking to class when he spotted Jimin and Jungkook. They did their best to avoid his gaze with no luck. “Hey guys can I talk to you for a second?”

Jimin and Jungkook stopped and faced him.

Jin put his hands together “I just wanted to say that I’m sorry”

Of course they didn’t believe him and he could see how tense their muscles were, as if bracing themselves for a hit.

“Guys, relax. Your girlfriend already took care of it. We made a deal and now I can’t lay a hand on either of you”

Jungkook looked up at him. “A deal?”

“You’ll have to ask her about that. I truly am sorry guys.” Jin left them to ponder their own thoughts.

Jimin smiled “We’re free!” he was overjoyed.

Jungkook tried to be happy too but he just couldn’t help wondering what kind of deal Dahyun made.

-

Jungkook arrived to see Dahyun sitting in her chair talking to V, as usual. He walked over to her and set the baby on the table. “Oprah missed you over the weekend”

“I’ll just watch her until we have to turn her in. Sorry to dump her on you for a whole weekend.” Dahyun told him.

“Hey I’m sorry about…”

“Looks like class is about to start” she cut him off not letting him apologize. “You should get back to your seat”

He agreed and made his way over there.

-

Suga wasn’t about to give up his search for Dahyun. He was waiting this time in the parking lot.

Linzy came out and saw him lurking about “I haven’t seen you before”

“Hey do you know a girl named Dahyun?” He asked skipping straight to the point.

“Yeah I know her. Who are you?”

“I’m her boyfriend”

“Boyfriend!?”

“Well X-boyfriend” he corrected himself. “Any way can you tell me where she is?”

“I don’t know, she probably doesn’t want to see you.”

“I would assume not, especially since I’m the reason she got expelled from her last school”

“No way! She was expelled!” Linzy shouted.

“Maybe I should’ve kept that detail quiet” Suga regretted his statement.

Linzy loved gossip. “Okay you wait here, I’ll go get her”

-

Linzy found Dahyun in the locker room getting ready for cheerleading practice. “Dahyun!”

She turned around “What?”

“There’s a cute boy looking for you in the parking lot”

Dahyun looked at her strangely “What did he look like?”

“Wide face, sleepy eyes, dressed like a rapper”

Oh god it’s Suga, what does he want now?

-

Dahyun made her way to the parking lot and saw Suga leaning against one of the cars. When he saw her he push off the car and started looking attentive.

“Here I got you this” He handed her a necklace with heart charm on it.

She took one look at it and handed it back to him “I know you stole this”

“I did not, I’m an honest man now.”

“Show me the receipt.”

“Huh?”

“Suga, I don’t have time for this, I have to go to practice”

“Practice? Practice for what?”

Jungkook came around the corner, he forgot his mouth guard in his car and he was going to get it. “Dahyun” he had been trying to talk to her all day.

“Jungkook” Dahyun looked at him and then back at Suga.

“Aren’t you going to introduce us?” Suga asked.

Jugkook stood there awkwardly.

“Fine I’ll do it myself. Hello Jungkook my name is Suga I’m Dahyun’s boyfriend”

“X-boyfriend” she corrected him.

“Right, x, and you are?” Suga asked.

“Friend” he responded.

“Okay, well I guess I better get going. We’ll finish our chat some other day” Suga waved left Jungkook and Dahyun alone.

“He seemed nice” Jungkook added.

Dahyun nodded and started walking back to practice.

“Dahyun wait, I’ve been trying to talk to you all day”

“I know, I’ve been avoiding you all day”

“Wait a second” He stood in front of her and blocked her path “Just let me say something”

“Fine, say something”

“I’m sorry”

“Is that all?” She asked impatiently.

“No, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you what was going on. And I’m sorry I was so rude to you at lunch, I shouldn’t have done that. You didn’t deserve it.”

Dahyun was starting to lighten up. “It was uncalled for”

“I know, completely. I just blamed you even though it wasn’t your fault, and I’m sorry. Do you forgive me?”

His puppy dog eyes were causing her to crack her angry facade. “I forgive you”

He instantly got so happy that he picked her up and spun her around.

“Stop that! Put me down we have to go to practice!” She was smiling and laughing on the outside but resisting on the inside.

“Okay” he put her down “But we should go out, just you and me”

“Like a date?”

“Exactly like a date”