Final

Someone Like You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]SOMEONE LIKE YOU 像你这样的人[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

"Hey Taehyung, since you choose dare, emm... we dare you to..." Hoseok tapped his chin thoughtfully while eyeing the rest of the boys, waiting for them to suggest any good ideas.

Namjoon saw a girl named Song Jaeri who is well known in their cohort as the smart and nerdy girl with zero experience in love in a distance, heading towards the main gate. "Aha! We dare you to make use of all your charms to make that nerd - Song Jaeri like you and agree to be your girlfriend." 

The other boys smirked evily upon hearing what Namjoon said.

"What the hell?! Namjoon, are you kidding me??? How am I supposed to make a nerd like her fall for me when all she could see is her books?!" Taehyung scoffed in disbelief.

"That's your problem then, bro." Yoongi shrugged and gave him a 'It's none of my business' look.

"Well, good luck Taehyung ah! We believe in you and your charms." Even Jimin and Jungkook are adding oil to the flame.

Knowing his friends, they will make him clean their dorm for the next six months if he didn't succeed in making Jaeri fall for him. The thing Taehyung hate the most is cleaning their dorm so he got no choice but to make sure he will win Jaeri's heart no matter what.

 

Taehyung started observing Jaeri in school for a week. He realised that she would always bring a lunch box with kimichi pancakes as her lunch and hide in the school garden either reading a storybook or doing revision while eating lunch.

This explains why her result is always within the top three in our cohort.  

Taehyung looked at her in awe. His result might not be in the top three but he still managed to be within the top twenty in their cohort.

I guess no one wanted to be her friend because of her good results. That's pretty sad.  

Taehyung actually felt himself pitying Jaeri.

He decided to follow Jaeri after school one day. Jaeri didn't even notice she was followed by Taehyung and an unknown person. Taehyung is also completely unaware of the unknown person following Jaeri.

Jaeri got to walk through a long, quiet alleyway before reaching her apartment block. She was wearing headphones, blasting with music on full volume so she is oblivious to a set of footsteps getting closer to her.

It will be rude if I followed her home isn't it? Because we don't even know each other. I think I should just go for now.

Taehyung hesitated for a moment before making up his mind to just leave.

"WHO ARE YOU?! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME??!"

Taehyung stopped in his tracks when he heard a female's cry coming from the alleyway.

Could it be?...... I think I better take a look. 

He dashed into the alleyway right away, searching for the source of the female cry.

"What do you think a man will want from a girl in this dark alleyway?" The man was getting nearer and Jaeri kept on retreating till she hit her back against the cold, hard concrete wall.

All of a sudden, the man pushed her onto the ground in a harsh manner and she hit the side of her forehead. Jaeri felt some liquid oozing out from the forehead and her vision was slowly becoming blurry. She kept on blinking her eyes, trying to stay awake.

Before the man could do anything to her, Taehyung pulled the man by his shirt and started punching his stomach. Jaeri couldn't really make out who is the boy that saved her.

"DON'T EVER LET ME SEE YOU HARASSING THIS GIRL AGAIN!!!" Taehyung quickly made his way to Jaeri after the man have escaped.

"Miss, are you alright??" He tugged her on the arm gently.

Jaeri fall limp into Taehyung's arm before she could answer him.

She was greeted by strong scent of medicine when she finally regained conscious. 

"Hey,  you're finally awake." Taehyung took a chair and sat beside her bed.

"Were you the boy who saved me just now?" Jaeri finally able to see her saviour's face up close.

"Yes. By the way, does your forehead still hurts?" Taehyung eyed her forehead in concern.

"Not really. Thanks for saving me, Kim Taehyung ssi." Jaeri not only found out his name after looking at the nametag ironed on his uniform but also realised they are schoolmates. 

"It's not fair for you to only know my name. I need to know yours too." He flashed his cute rectangular smile to her.

"My name is Song Jaeri." Jaeri unknowingly returned a wide smile to him.

"I like this name - Jaeri. Anyway, just drop the formalities and call me Taehyung will do. Since we are from the same school and are in the same grade. And most importantly, you're my friend now!" Taehyung exclaimed excitedly. 

 

Taehyung and Jaeri became close to each other from that day onwards. Every day, they would go to the community library to do their assignments together and to the nearby night market for dinner. The two of them will usually hang out for a short while after dinner before Taehyung walked Jaeri home. 

One day, Taehyung suddenly confessed to Jaeri when they were walking home together. 

"I like you a lot, Jaeri. Can I date you?" Taehyung held one of Jaeri's hand and looked at her in the eyes seriously. 

"I like you a lot too Taehyung. Jaeri replied shyly.

Taehyung just smiled in response because he have no idea how to react to this. Afterall it's still his first time confessing to a girl even though it's not a serious one.

It had been around three weeks since Taehyung dated Jaeri. Jaeri took their relationship very seriously and devoted all her heart to Taehyung while the latter was merely acting and just see her as a friend. 

"Taehyung look at this bracelet, isn't it beautiful??" Jaeri pulled Taehyung with her to a roadside stall selling bracelets. 

"Yeah it's beautiful. Jaeri, I'm tired. Let's just go back now okay? Taehyung walked off first without reali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter