Editor's Letter

The Monarch Times

Dear Subscribers of The Monarch Times,

Unfortunately, this will be the last printed issue of the school's infamous newspaper. Regrettably, the newspaper does not have enough members to continue this year. Through all the articles, scandals, cases and events, we are glad we were able to share these memories with you. I would like to take this time to say a big thank you to Mr. Lee, Director of Monarch Academy, for giving us a second chance last year to prove our worth. Even though the doors are closing for us here at 'The Monarch Times,' we are turning a new page together into the future. From all of us here at the newspaper, THANK YOU!

Signed,
Kim Junmyeon
Editor-In-Chief


This is it! I hope that you all enjoyed this fic, but I mostly hope that of all people, Liyueru enjoyed it the most ^^ You have been such a great supporter of my other stories, I cannot thank you enough for your continuous encouragement! It’s readers like you that give me a reason to persist in my writing! Thank you so much for your request - without it, this fic would have never existed in the first place.

And now, as for the rest of you lovely readers... All of your comments really made me smile throughout this whole experience and I’m really glad you guys enjoyed this fic. I didn’t think it’d garner as much attention as it did (I was surprised when I passed 15 subscribers…), so I’d like to personally thank every single one of you by leaving this open for you to request a fic! Just message me with an idea, an otp, a pairing a genre, anything and I will do my best to bring you something to make you smile. You guys are great motivators and fabulous readers, thank you for being so dedicated and patient with me.

I have a few other points I’d like to make before we say our goodbyes (/sobbing/):

1) I don’t actually ship ChenLay so I have no idea if I did them justice or not, please forgive me.

2) I was going to write about XiuHo playing the pepero game, confessing their love and there was going to be a whole chapter on November, but I accidentally deleted it!!! LOL ;~; I haven’t been able to bring myself to write it again… (maybe I’ll write it some time and add it under Issue no. 6.5 or something, but it’s mostly XiuHo idk? if it is something you guys are interested in though, just let me know in the comments!)

3) I do apologize for some of the confusion! I know I used several EXO members over and over again by using their stage names/real names, but I was desperate for more characters…

4) ChanHun was never supposed to happen, it was supposed to be BaekYeol… But then, Sehun was so cute and all over Jongdae and I felt bad leaving him as the kid with no friends… That’s why he’s not on the poster if you’re curious!

5) FUN FACT: I was actually an editor for a failing school newspaper (named: The Donel Chronicle) myself at my second high school (though I was not the head of it). It did completely fail though, and it was sad… There wasn’t enough interest in it and while we had about 10 members, we couldn’t get enough people paying attention to us. We did not have wild cases like Monarch Times, but we had a lot of fun while we were together working on articles and looking into cases on bullying and reporting general interesting events that happened at the school - one included a musical and the popular literature fair (which I replaced with a science fair in this story)!

Well, this is it! Thank you so, so much for this guys! I hope to hear from some of you again in other stories in the future that, hopefully, you’ll enjoy just as much as this one ^^

xoxo,
TadaChi


Here are a few other fluffy stories (though much shorter) that I've written if you're interested ^^
relevant by main OTP character appearances
(if you're on mobile, scroll over for more >)

Chenderella The Little Merman First Frost

 

Chenderella
Jongdae just wants to be loved again.
Prince Junmyeon can do just that.

But midnight comes too fast.
Pairing: SuChen
AU: Fairy Tale

Word Count: 6,122
The Little Merman
Yixing wished to be a part of their world.
Baekhyun just needed to love him back.
But everything was silent between them.

Pairing: BaekXing
AU: Fairy Tale
Word Count: 8,703
First Frost
They fall in love every year on the day of the first frost.

Pairing: XiuChen
AU: Fantasy
Word Count: 7,175