Good Enough, Bad Enough: Worth Enough

[☀] Good Enough, Bad Enough: Worth Enough Fic #4
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

      

WORTH ENOUGH X It's a bluff, Spare me the toughness.

 

The next day, I wake up; I wake up freaking out. One issue had occurred. It was enough for me to call it quits and I nearly refunded that company all of their money. Just how was I supposed to enjoy my free days with him blasting music in the morning? It was seven thirty eight when I looked at my clock. That was cutting an hour out of my sleep habits and I could not afford to reconstruct my sleep. It was the last day of the weekend.

He was dealing with the wrong person.

Severely growling, I mustered up enough strength to push out of my groggy, sleep inflicted state and walk out my room. The music was even louder from here and I was shocked to find a ing hip shaking, spatula flipping of a hand man in the kitchen.

‘Hey TAXI TAXI, take me away,’ It gets louder.

‘Because this place is too hard to be in,’ It gets worser.

‘So I can at least breathe for a few days’ It's ridiculously attractive.

Somehow intrigued, I just stood there; arms crossed while Oh Sehun horribly off tune sang to a Big Bang song. I wanted to secretly throw an apple from the fruit basket at him but he unfortunately happened to turn around just in time for that flawless jaw of his to drop.

Sehun blinks, now calmly sliding a batch of pancakes on a plate. He’s not doing anything about the noise. Matter of fact, he can probably care less that I’m up looking this pissed. It’s then that I narrow my eyes, figuring I’d just find the culprit myself. It’s as if some of the speakers in the room are vibrating the whole apartment. “This is certainly not going to work out.” I mutter while stalking toward the laptop located at his station. I immediately undid any plug connected for a brief second. Sehun continued singing. The whole time I’d been here he proceeded to act as if nothing was wrong.

“You possibly can’t believe you’re going to do this every morning,” I glare across the room.

Sehun now fixated on paying attention, tilts his head as he adjusts the alignment of pancakes. “I made pancakes. I’m willing to share since I did borrow some flour. I would give you some eggs but majority of the people I know get bad gas, you’re one of those people right? You will not have any of my bacon,” He shares bluntly and rather easily concerned over the egg matter.

I can’t talk for a moment. I’m more or so annoyed than ever.

“I do believe I’ll be cooking every morning. I’m a good cook and I don’t like eating out as much. You’re free to bring food back however; we shouldn’t be seeing each other much except for morning and evening.” The blonde adds seemingly aware of my annoyance now. “The music is disrupting my sleep. I don’t wake up this early unless it’s the weekday. So, evenings is when I’ll have to see your .” I hiss the last part as he turns to heat up some herbal tea with a piped whistle. I scoffed just enough for him to smile of which I couldn’t even see clear enough.

All I wanted to do was sleep, but the longer I stood there, the more I wanted to take him up on the pancakes and eggs. I usually just ate cereal and I hardly cooked since I had no one to cook for. It was actually refreshing even though I hated admitting it. It looked as if we could get along. Only, that was necessarily the problem.

His complacent attitude was hard to work with; better yet, his attitude didn’t need you to work with him and that’s what annoyed the crap out of me.

“Sit,” Sehun eventually succeeded in taking me to the dining table. I didn’t however sit down. “You need the plate of bacon.” I reminded him as well as his tea. Briefly Sehun smiles, “You don’t have to concern yourself over my bacon. Just sit. Is there anything you usually eat?” He then placed me in a chair and I willingly sat but a scowl lingered on my face.

I hadn’t noticed enough to react but he was rather closely making his way to my side and when I turned my head I got jolted by the shift of the chair beneath. Sehun called himself babying me by pushing my chair up enough and the proximity of his face was by far – breathtaking.

“I’d refrain from having your eye boogers on mines and just answer the question.” A moment goes by as I tense in response to his dig. “Get my raisin bread and toast it, my milk in the fridge and I like having fruit. Any that’s in there will do,” I roll my eyes; giving in to his death orbiting yet hospitable kindness. I couldn’t understand yet fathom how he was able to be so kind and insult me in the same minute.

“Sounds good, I saw some watermelon.” He pulls back to get everything.

I wonder then. What type of person Sehun is really? I’ve always seen this flawless person that does what he wants, doesn’t take no for answer and completely leave me thinking if I’m really just imagining things. The other night hasn’t been brought up and I wanted to get to the bottom of it even though I had a feeling whatever I was thinking was eighty percent positive.

I hadn’t been able to talk to Luhan about my plans either since his entire focus seemed to shift to his admirer – Minseok.

He had arrived at just the right time and at some point I was able to smile at how deeply swooned Luhan was by him after some time of just giving in.

“Do you mind if we talk about something?” I end up bringing the subject up in a matter of twenty minutes.

Sehun’s been on his phone, eating quietly yet a few chuckles are heard as if what he’s reading is worth the reaction. When he looks up at me, I see he’s curious whereas his eyes are focused and his chewing mouth shows no approval of wanting to talk.

“I’ll just talk; you can nod if I’m right.” I settle with an ultimatum.

It took me a moment to gather all the right assumptions. I glanced over at my cup of milk while biting my lip, “The other night when I was talking with those people. You came up to so they could leave me alone, right?”

Sehun shows as if he’s going to laugh but he doesn’t – only shaking his head.

I’d thought that was the case. “You did it to mess around with me, right?” I raised my brow, hinting some worry.

Sehun again shakes his head and now I feel as if I’ve lost to him.

“I’ll answer.” He pries his eyes away from the phone he’s been occupied with since.

Placing it down, he drops his fork and I can see a gleam of justification in his eyes as he stares. “I came up to you over two reasons. One; I’d actually had no place to put the can since there was no garbage around… I came to you but you happened to be talking to those people and I guess my name was brought up so I told the truth about us living together. Two; I lied about wanting to get you something to drink because I didn’t want to come off rude even though I never had the means to tick you off –I figured that was the best approach.”

We sit there staring at each other and it’s only when stands to his feet that I blink out of my trance. I really couldn’t figure him out this time.

“I’ll clean up then I’m leaving.” He makes an effort to hint his goodbye.

I watch him but end up taking the dishes as well. “I’ll clean them I guess.” I really want to ask where is it that he’s going but my mouth is sealed shut. I don’t want to know anything about him. Why am I so nervous and nosey? It shouldn’t be much of a surprise. A tall, handsome stranger suddenly moves in and I’m looking too far into it. I didn’t need to care about anything unless it was about my apartment or business.

“By the way, my only complaint is ,”

Hearing just that, the rag I was using to clean a plate fell along with the plate in my hands; directly on the sink – ultimately causing us to jump slightly. My eyes widened the longer I processed what he’d just said to me.

“?” I exclaim.

 “,” He simply replied.

 “Why the hell are you complaining about that? It’s your body! Like what the hell, for Christ sake, Sehun. I have nothing to say about that.”

It’s quiet. This time, Sehun walks up next to my hyperventilating body. He stands beside me, watching how uncoordinated I am and ridiculous I look at this precise moment. He would have gladly snapshot this if he wasn’t in a grander mood.

His eyes lightly flickered to the suds in the sink before they were brought back up – the look in his eyes now persuading.

I hesitated while glancing over at him, “I was way off, wasn’t I?”

His lips quirk the moment he nods in a simple means to say ; you have no idea what I meant. He goes on to reveal, “I received your email concerning your conditions.”

Sehun gives me an undying stare, “I’ll be able to bring in just women sometimes, right?”

For crying out loud! I’d rather not answer that question but the position I’m in seems as if I reacted that way because I thought he wanted from me.

was a big thing to me. I’d never had it that is. It was also an eye-opener as I came to understand; however deeply innocent I was. I mean, I was still unnecessarily shaking.

“You’re a growing boy. I’m sure you need to balance your testosterone.” I bid him goodbye when all I get from his an amused wink, “Dooley noted, Rina.”

Just by the flick of his tongue enunciating the R, I was gasping. That pause before he said my name… I think to myself. He’s totally ing with me. I’m left in the kitchen embarrassed as all hell and I’m not even sure if I was trapped into that situation or simply overreacting.

 

 

“Is Sunglasses Hitler here?” Luhan specifically peaks through the hall before jumping down the short flight of stairs. I shook my head in response to his question before correcting the situation. “He’s not a Hitler. I just don’t get him.” I plop on a leather designed chair. It was a lot less comfortable than my own sofa but I had to live through it.

Luhan doesn’t sit down but makes his way towards the other side. “Does he sleep on this side?” He stops directly at the broad divider. It’s literally about to be open by this fool and I’m unable to stop him because of how slow I am.

“Don’t go in there!” I chide. Only, I end up walking in with him. It’s my house! I won’t justify anything though.

“We made an agreement that no one enters each other’s rooms without permission or unless emergencies…” I scowl at Luhan giddily strolling into the bedroom. He stopped briefly however to chuckle and hint a suggestive brow, “I think verifying he isn’t a Sunglasses Hitler is emergency enough.” With that, he digs his hole while I stand at the divider with a frown. “You should stop saying that.” I muttered poorly.

“Rina! Rina! He’s a total neat freak. It smells like bleach. Is this guy Edward Cullen? Look at all these books. His taste is just by far tastic by the way.” Luhan continues to boast what’s on the other side. I end up worrying for his my sake. If he’s a neat freak, those types of people usually knew exactly where and what was to be placed. “If you don’t get out of there Luhan, I’m not going to be responsible if you go missing. You better not be touching anything!”

Just as I’m ready to intrude, the bastard comes skipping out of the room with a smile lit on his face. “He’s clean. A little too clean, but as far as I can tell, he won’t kill my Jelly Snail.” I’m given a pat on the head as he slips from out of my choke holding grip. “I swear,” I began to kick after his swaying behind until my phone rang.

“Now what are your plans today?” Luhan decides to ask me something just as I answer the phone. I give him my shut up look and he rolls his eyes with a soft exasperated sigh.

“Hello?” I said calmly although inside I was freaking the hell out.

“Ah, you answered. Good.” Sehun starts off saying. I try my best to think he has no clue that my cousin just ransacked his room.

“Yeah, thought it was someone a little more important.” I admit dreading the vindictive smirk Luhan is giving right now. “It’s not big; however for the party tonight, I’m DJing for an all-girls event. They tend to get really fierce and I wanted to know if I could get another pair of guards for my protection. Something on your contract said you don’t want it to appear as if your place is an every night ni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter