Our day of love

Our day of love

At Park residence

Mrs. Park: shin.. Get ready early tomorrow.. We are going to get your wedding dress

Shinhye: okay mom.. Is it okay if I bring my friend UEE with me?

Mrs. Park: no problem shin.. Make sure you look pretty.. Yonghwa will be coming too.

Shinhye: Mom.. Why should I look pretty?? I will be myself.. Let him like me for who am I..

Mrs.Park know that her daughter doesn't like makeup.. So she didn't force her.

At Jung residence

Yonghwa: Mom..Why should I come for getting her wedding dress?

Mrs.Jung: yaah.. She is going to be your wife.. You should take care of her hereafter.

Yonghwa can't say no to his mom.. So he decided to accompany them for shopping.

Flashback

Yongshin first meeting

It was not romantic like fairy tales.. She didn't appear as an angel in his eyes.. He didn't give her the feeling of a soulmate.. 

But their parents succeeded in match making and fixed the marriage in few weeks.

End of flashback

At the boutique, shinhye was trying the 15th dress.. But mrs. Park was not satisfied with anything.

She was already exhausted and UEE is also not there to help her. Then Mrs. Park gave her another dress to try.

Shinhye: mom.. I have tried almost all the dress in this showroom.. Please select a dress soon. ( she came out of the trial room whinning like a little child )

She was looking at the dress and didn't notice the person standing in front of her. 

When she didn't get any reply from her mom, she raised her head to see her. But there was yonghwa looking at her with smiling eyes.

Yonghwa:Anneoyong shinhye ssi..

Shinhye was shocked by the sudden meeting. She dropped the dress in her hand and greeted him clumsily. He couldn't stop smiling seeing her cute gestures..

Shinhye's pov

Did he smile at me just now.. Why am I so happy about that.. Yaah.. Shinhye.. You are happy because this is the first time you see him smiling.. Don't over react.

Yonghwa's pov

Why am I smiling at her like this.. I came here due to mom's compulsion.. then why I am showing interest.. 

UEE: Yaah.. Both of you.. Enough of staring each other. We are still here..

Yonghwa and shinhye came to the world and gave everyone an embracing smile.

Mrs. Park and Mrs. Jung were happy for their children.

Shinhye: UEE ah.. Why are you so late? I have been waiting for you for long time.. Help me to pick a dress.

UEE: but shin ah.. It seems you are waiting for someone else ( UEE eyed yonghwa)

Mrs. Jung: Shinhye.. You look gorgeous in everything you wear.. Select this one. 

Mrs. Park: yes shin.. Buy this dress itself.

Shinhye looked at yonghwa but he seems to be busy with his mobile. She expected him to say something about the dress.

UEE found what is in Shinhye's mind.. She encouraged her friend to get that dress and they were back to home after lunch.

UEE: shin ah.. Why are you looking dull? You were awesome in that dress ( she showed thumbs up ) in both the hands.

Shinhye: thanks UEE ah.. But I don't think yonghwa liked that dress.. ( she was very sad )

UEE: its not like that shin ah.. Maybe he doesn't know about such things.

It seems Shinhye was satisfied with that answer. She smiled at UEE and hugged her.

UEE: shin ah.. I think you both must open up.. Try to be friends.. Don't be strangers anymore..

Shinhye remembers their shopping and lunch.. Though yonghwa didn't speak to her, he was not cold.. She found it comfortable to be around him.

 Shinhye ' s pov

UEE may be right.. He might have not had any girl friends before.. That's why not aware of a girl's expectations. I believe my parents had chosen me a right life.. I will wait for him to change.

Days passed by.. Yonghwa and Shinhye didn't contact each other but their parents were very busy in the wedding preparations.

Shinhye woke up from her little nap when she heard a beep sound from her mobile. It can't be UEE since she is busy this afternoon.. Then who it could be??

Shinhye reached for her mobile that was on the side table and surprised to see it was from yonghwa.

Hi shinhye

Is it okay to have a dinner date tonight?

Text me if you are okay.. I will be at your home in 30 mins to pick you up.

shinhye couldn't decide what to reply him.. She wants to know him more.. But she has a hesitation that her parents may get angry.

At that time Mrs. Park knocked her room door. 

Mrs. Park: shin.. Yonghwa asked for permission to take you to a dinner date. Me and your father said yes. 

Shinhye: mom.. You don't have any problem in that? I mean.. ( her mom cut off Shinhye )

Mrs. Park: your future husband is taking you for a date.. What problem do we have.. Get to know more about each other sweetie.. Take care..

After her mom left the room, Shinhye texted yonghwa and got ready for her first date.

" yonghwa is too good and well mannered.. " Shinhye thought to herself.

Yonghwa came exactly in 30 mins.. shinhye came out of her room in a comfortable jeans and tshirt without any make up.

Yonghwa was mesmerized by her natural beauty. He stopped talking to Mr. Park and looked at Shinhye who is approaching him with a beautiful smile.

Yonghwa's pov

This smile.. How i longed to see this smile.. How am I forgetting all my problems when I see this smile.. I am seeing her for the 3rd time.. But how did I fall for her already..

God.. Please take away my problem.. I want to live happily with this angel.

Shinhye: Anneoyong yonghwa ssi.. ( her sweet voice brought yonghwa to reality )

Yonghwa: Anneoyong Shinhye ssi.. You look beautiful.

Shinhye smiled again.. But this time her face turned pink perfectly exposing her blush.

Mr. Park: shin.. Yong.. Have a good time.. 

Yonghwa bowed at her parents and then they headed to the car.

Yonghwa, being a gentleman, opened the door for her. There was silence in the car except the mild music playing in the audio system.

Shinhye started shaking her head according to the beat of the music and yonghwa didn't fail to notice it.

He increased the volume and sang along the song.

Shinhye: you too like this song yonghwa ssi? ( she got excited when he sang her favorite song )

Yonghwa: yeah.. I love this album and music is my best friend Shinhye ssi.. ( he smiled at her.. She could see there is no pretending in his smile )

They reached a park.. The evening breeze was perfect and yonghwa took her to an old tree in the corner of the park.

He made her to wait there for sometime and went to his car. He came back with a basket in his hand.

He took a blanket and spreaded iton the grass and motioned Shinhye to come near.

Shinhye: yonghwa ssi.. What is this??

Yonghwa: picnic ( he smiled at her )

Shinhye: what?

Yonghwa: I always wished to go to picnic with my girlfriend.

Shinhye looked at him with her widened eyes.

"I am sorry Shinhye ssi.. If you don't like we can go home", yonghwa's face turned reactionless.

Shinhye: no.. I like it.. ( she smiled brightly and sat next to him ) thank you so much yonghwa same.

Yonghwa: Shinhye ssi.. Close your eyes.

Shinhye: why??!!

" just close your eyes and wait for few seconds" , yonghwa ordered like a teacher and Shinhye obeyed it.

Shinhye could smell some fresh food. She grinned like a small kid when something delicious landed in .

It was her favorite kimchi.. Then she opened her eyes to see a complete Korean dinner.

"Yonghwa ssi.. Did you prepare this all", she exclaimed in surprise.

" no.. My mom prepared everything for you. I don't know to cook", yonghwa sounded sad when he told the last sentence.

"do you want to learn?", she moved closer to him and whispered.

Yonghwa nodded his head like a little child.

Shinhye's pov

Is this the yonghwa I met few days before?? He is very different today.. It feels like we have been best friends for many years. 

" okay yonghwa ssi.. I will teach you whatever I know ", Shinhye raised her hand for a high five. Yonghwa grinned happily and joined her.

After the wonderful dinner, Shinhye thought they are going back to home when yonghwa started the car. But she was wrong..

He drived in opposite direction. She looked at him in confusion.. He didn't look her back. 

Shinhye looked outside.. It was dark and the sky was full of stars. She was mesmerised by the lovely scene in front of her and failed to notice yonghwa's grin.

The car stopped in front of a river beautifully decorated with lights.

Shinhye: yonghwa ssi..What are we doing here?

Yonghwa: you said you ate so much right? We are here for a walk.

yonghwa smiled at her and got down of the car and rushed to open the door for Shinhye.

She was surprised and got down with her natural smile. They walked side by side along the river and enjoyed the lovely sight in front of them.

There was a comfortable silence between them until someone tapped yonghwa's shoulder. Yonghwa turned around and looked at the person in confusion.

" yaah.. Yong.. You can't even identify your friend when you are with your girlfriend?", yonghwa's friend whinned like a child.

" oh.. Minhyuk..Sorry.. It has been long time since we  met ", yonghwa smiled sheepishly.

" hey hyung.. It's okay.. You both make a great couple " ,minhyuk beamed holding yonghwa's hand.

" Hyung.. Noona.. Let us take a picture together.. " minhyuk asked excitedly.

Yonghwa and Shinhye took a picture with minhyuk and said bye to him.

They were about to continue their walk when minhyuk stopped them again.

" yaah.. Why are you stopping us again? We took a picture right? ", yonghwa asked minhyuk who smiled mischievously.

" Hyung.. It will be romantic to take a selfie with your girlfriend in this lovely background right? ", minhyuk looked with joy.

Yonghwa looked at Shinhye with hesitation. She nodded her head in acceptance. They both stood together and yonghwa held his mobile high enough to capture them into the frame.

" Hyung.. You can't click like that ", minhyuk sounded disappointed.

Before yonghwa and Shinhye could realise, he made their heads to collide and clicked instantly.

" This is the perfect couple picture Hyung " minhyuk gave him his mobile and left with smile.

Shinhye and yonghwa were uneasy due to the sudden skinship.

" Do you like ice cream shinhye ssi? Can I get you one ", Yonghwa tried to sound normal to change the awkwardness.

Shinhye tried hard to hide her blush and said, " yes if you accept to stop calling me formally. Just call me shin "

Yonghwa laughed at her reply and said, " sure shin.. If you call me yong "

" copy cat.. okay yong.. Get me ice cream now.. " , shinhye pouted cutely.

Their date ended with their favorite ice creams and lots of talks. Shinhye was happy when she reached her home and that made Mr and Mrs Park happy.

Shinhye was lying in her bed, unable to sleep because of the thoughts of the date.

Shinhye's pov

Today was fantastic.. With yonghwa, I can be more comfortable. He is so sweet and lovable.. Wait.. What did I say.. Lovable??!! Am I falling for him already?

Just when she was thinking about the love, she received a text message from yonghwa.

It was a cute sticker saying I LOVE YOU!!!

Shinhye jumped up from her bed to sit straight and read the message again.

" Did he propose me just now?? " , she thought to herself. If yes, what should she reply?? And who in this world will propose like this?? After a spending a good time together, he is proposing by a simple text.. 

But shinhyel liked this more than a dramatic proposal. This gives her time to think what she feels for him..

Though she is not clear about her feelings, she don't want to hurt him.. 

Yonghwa on the other side was very nervous after sending her his confession.

Yonghwa's pov

Oh my God.. Why did I send that now?? I think I have taken this too fast. She accepted me as a friend only today.. Now she might have thought bad about me and I am never going to get a reply.

At that time, his mobile vibrated, flashing shinhye's name. Yonghwa hesitated to read it fearing she might have not accepted his love.

For his surprise, she too sent him the same sticker that he had sent. 

Yonghwa couldn't believe his eyes.. Did she really accept his love?? He felt like having a new life.. ' I will solve my problem soon and live happily with shinhye forever' , he thought to himself.

Then yonghwa showed shinhye how much a man can love a woman.. She never expected that she will get someone to love her this much.

They became more and more close and lovey dovey.. They were not only lovers but also best friends.

Shinhye felt that she is the luckiest girl in the world to marry such a kind and understanding man. She fell in love with him slowly but deeply. She waited for a perfect day to confess her feelings for him.. She is no longer marrying him for her parents.

Everything was normal until yonghwa turned cold suddenly.

He stopped speaking to her.. No response to her texts and calls. She felt very sad. 

She thought he might be busy with his work. So she waited for him to respond back..

But she couldn't bare his silence.. She was worried what could have happened to him.. She missed him so much. She felt guilty for not confessing her true feelings to him.  

Shinhye's pov

Yonghwa.. What happened to you.. Why are you so silent.. Have you thought that I am not interested in you? I really love you yong.. Love you so much. 

UEE visited Shinhye for a weekend. She feels that her friend is very dull.

UEE: shin ah.. Is there any problem between you and yonghwa? Why do you look dull always?

Shinhye: no UEE.. I am alright.. (She lied.. But UEE being her best friend since childhood can find if Shinhye lies..)

UEE: its okay if you don't want to tell me but I don't want you to suffer alone.. I am always here to listen to you.

Tears rolled from shinhye's eyes on hearing this.. She hugged UEE and cried out her heart. 

UEE caressed her back and consoled her. Then the friends sat down to discuss the problem.

Shinhye: UEE ah.. Yong had been silent for past few days. When i asked about him to mrs. Jung, she said he is fine. I even visited his home but he is not interested to meet me. I am worried that he doesn't love me.

UEE: why do you think like that shin ah.. You know how much he loves you right?

Shinhye: yes. But...

UEE: but??

Shinhye: I haven't told him how much I love him.. Maybe he might have thought that I don't love him the same as him.

UEE: shin ah.. Don't worry.. Yonghwa know your love. He may have some other problem. 

UEE tried to console her friend but all was in vain.

After few days, UEE called shinhye and told her to rush to the city hospital. Shinhye got panic and reached the hospital as soon as possible.

Shinhye : UEE ya.. What happened? Are you alright?

"I am alright shin ah.. But there is an important reason to call you here.. Come with me.." , UEE grabbed shinhye's hand and rushed to the cardiology department of the hospital.

Shinhye was shocked to see the person coming out of it.. It was yonghwa.

Yonghwa too froze in his place when shinhye and UEE appeared in front of him.

 UEE : yonghwa ssi.. Whatever may be the problem between the both of you, please talk and solve it. Don't make it complicated by avoiding her. Shin ah.. I am leaving now.. Take care.

After UEE had left, shinhye and yonghwa couldn't break the silence.. The tears in her eyes melted his heart and he decided to tell her the truth.

Yonghwa : sorry shin ah.. I have hidden something from you.. I started feeling guilty about that. That's why I turned cold to you. I thought you will hate me and live your life happily.

Shinhye couldn't speak anything. What could be the truth that yonghwa didn't tell her? And why he wants her to hate him? Many questions raised in her heart.

Yonghwa : shin ah.. I have heart problem. That's why I avaoided marriage.. But I couldn't stop my heart from loving you.. I love you so much that I am afraid of losing you. But I can't hid it anymore.. Decision is in your hands. I will accept even if you want to call off the marriage.

 Tears rolled down from shinhye's eyes.. She left him alone without speaking a word. 

Yonghwa too broke into tears. He didn't dare to stop her from leaving.. At the same time, he could not let her go.

One year later

Tension surrounded the hospital room. Yonghwa's eyes were red due to the restless nights he was going through for past few weeks.

He seemed to be very tired and scared. His parents tried to calm down him. But the only person who can bring peace in his mind is not near him now.

Suddenly someone called his name.. It was the labour ward nurse.

Nurse : Mr. Jung, your wife shinhye is the next patient. Please come in.. Your baby will be in your hands in few minutes.

Flashback

Yonghwa broke into tears when shinhye left him without any words on knowing about his health.

He thought shinhye will never be back to him. But he was wrong.. She came back to him after crying out her heart in rest room.

Shinhye : pabo.. Why can't you tell this before itself? Why did you suffer alone all these days?

Yonghwa : I am afraid that you will leave me if I tell you the truth. I know I am a selfish to think like this.. But I can't lose you at any cost.

Yonghwa poured out everything that was pricking his heart all these days.. He is now ready to stay away from her to make her life happy.

To his surprise, shinhye hugged him tightly and started crying.

Shinhye : I love you yong.. Love you so much. I won't get any other better situation to confess my feelings for you. Please stay with me.. The power of our love will cure you. Let's get married as soon as possible.

End of flashback

Yonghwa placed the new born baby next to shinhye and kissed her forehead.

" thanks shin ah.. You made my life complete.. I am very confident now. Your unlimited endless true love and our traditional medicine gave me new strength and cured my problem. I will be healthy for many years to take care of my wife.. My angel", yonghwa hugged his wife lovingly.

"saranghayo jagiya", shinhye smiled at him and hugged back tightly.

"Nommu sarangahayo jagiya", yonghwa looked at her lovingly.

                                           The End