Two

At First Touch
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin didn’t need to be in class for another 45 minutes, but he felt leaving his friend to be alone with his soulmate was a great decision. He needed some extra practice anyway; he wasn’t nearly good enough yet. Maybe he was a bit of a perfectionist, but he felt like he was letting everyone down if he wasn’t perfect. If he fell down, it was a failure. Missed a step, failure. Even had to keep up the right image to be perfect. He had to have toned muscles, no fat. This was the hard part for him; his body just seemed to gain weight too quickly for him to keep up sometimes.

Jimin sighed, settling down against one of the mirrors in the studio. Would a relationship be like this too? Would he be constantly worrying if he was good enough? Probably. It’s like his life revolves around being perfect.

Taehyung was the only person he really felt he could let down his facade with. He could be himself, chubby cheeks and all. He never cared, they were best friends no matter what. He found himself smiling at the thought of his friend, despite his anxieties.

Truth was, Jimin didn’t really know what he wanted to do after graduation. Taehyung wanted to act in dramas, he knew he could. Some of his other classmates were on their way to becoming idols. He just knew he loved dance, but he didn’t know what to do with that. He felt lost, despite knowing his passion. He felt incredibly frustrated by this.

Don’t worry was all his friends told him. He’ll figure it out. Jimin wasn’t sure he would though, with just under two years left before he was thrown out into the real world. He was already anxious at the thought.

Jimin grumbled and fluffed his hair in frustration. It had been eating away at his sleep for a long time, nights spent tossing and turning, sometimes even sneaking out to practice on the street outside their home. Nothing ever felt good enough. He always knew he could do better, needed to do better. 

And it happened again. He felt a strange feeling overcome him, a confusion, a hint of surprise. He didn’t know how to place it, but it was a foreign feeling and he didn’t feel like it was his. He felt like he was going crazy.

Maybe he was. Could it be? Could they really be someone else’s feelings, not his own? Jimin shook his head. Must be tired. No way that could happen. That only happened between soulmates, and Jimin definitely hadn’t met his yet. It wasn’t possible.

Jimi

Please log in to read the full chapter