1st Take

Double Take

“Give it to me!!! Now!” a little boy was trying to steal a robot toy from another kid who was chubby and squishy, but well the little rascal didn’t care about his cuteness at all and kept on trying hard to steal the toy from his grip. He was so helpless that he couldn’t do anything other than calling somebody for help.

 

“yah Kang Seungyoon! What are you doing to him? Get off!”

He was literally shocked to see a little girl came to help him and she also made the little rascal ran away instantly. Who is this girl? That was all he thought.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” He seemed lost in thoughts and didn’t even realize that the girl was talking to him.

He just stared at her in awestruck. “yah! I’m talking to you! Are you okay?!” she asked him one more time, this time with a high pitched voice.

“ah.. nghh.. uhm, yea., yea, I’m o.. ohok ohok kay” he managed to answer with his shaky voice, but ended up coughing as his voice faded and it made the girl laughed at him.

 

“Seulgi~~ Seulgi~~ ah! There she is!”

She turned around and he followed her gaze to see a young man who seemed around his father’s age walked towards their direction.

“young lady, I was looking for you. What are you doing here? Who is he?”

The man directly asked his hero, the little girl who just helped him.

“sorry Dad, I was boring and just wanted to play outside with Seungyoon oppa but then.. ugh nevermind! Oh he is.. uhm, who’s your name?”

The little boy was such a lost kid. He didn’t answer her question and turned around to see his mother who was approaching them.

 

“Why you took so long here baby?” her mother asked him before she turned to look at the father and daughter who were stood there with him, smiling.

“Kang Dongwon-ssi?” her brows furrowed.

“Hyerin is that you?”

“aigoo~” they said at the same time as they hugged each other, the two kids were confused at their parents sudden interaction.

“have you met Seungheon?”

“uh I just met him inside and you weren’t seen around so yea.. anyway, glad to see you’re doing well”

“I was having my quality time with the mommy gang you know, your wife is also there! We’re just talking about family and stuffs. Glad to see that you’re looking fine than ever”

“woman these days. Oh here, meet my princess” Dongwon put his hand around Seulgi’s and she smiled sweetly to the little boy’s mother.

 

“hi beautiful, what’s your name?”

“hi auntie. you can call me Seulgi”

“Kang Seulgi? aigoo~ your eyes are so beautiful just like your mother’s” Hyerin smiled widely as she gently Seulgi’s hair.

The little boy felt uneasy and decided to hide behind his mother, but his mom noticed it and heaved out a sigh.

“and kindly please meet my shy and chubby boy”

“oh hi friend! I’m your parents’ bestfriend, call me anything you want okay? But don’t call me uncle, it seems too old. Mind to tell me your name?”

“uhm.. Mino” he answered with ‘only-ants-could-hear’ voice.

Dongwon chuckled to his bestfriends’ son cuteness, “Mino, Song Mino right? Let’s be friend”

Mino just nodded and smiled awkwardly at Dongwon.

 

Seulgi couldn’t help but staring at Mino the whole time they were together at their parents’ college reunion that day. She was curious about him. She badly wanted to know more about this Song Mino kid.

So that’s how it all started.

 

~~

 

Song Mino and Kang Seulgi were becoming close ever since that day. They will play together in weekend and Seungyoon already apologized to Mino for what he had done. So Mino became friends with the Kang siblings. Their parents who were bestfriends in college back then finally met again, they once separated after their married life for God knows how long.

 

Since they had been friends for years, they understand each other well. They always support each other and of course they love each other because they hate the same stuffs; ghost, sweet foods, fancy things, and many more. Well, that didn’t mean they never have a fight, Mino and Seulgi fought often. Lucky for Seulgi, Mino couldn’t be mad at her for too long. He always gave in, and decided to apologize even it wasn’t his fault.

 

Until one day, Mino had to continue his study abroad. Seulgi felt happy for him, but deep inside she felt sad and worried. However, she would continue her life in Seoul without Mino for 3 years ahead. Seulgi never thought about that, living her life without her one and only bestfriend.

 

~~

 

“wake up princess!”

She pulled up the blanket to cover her face as she groaned.

“c’mon Ddeulgi! It’s your first day in high school”

After the sleepy princess heard her Mama’s words she immediately opened her eyes, “Oh Gosh! ! I’m going to be late on my first day, dammit!”

“stop cursing! Go take a shower, dress up and come downstairs. I’ll prepare your breakfast”

Seulgi dressed up prettily for her first day entering college. She tied up her long black hair into a ponytail, wearing her new uniform and a pair of white sneakers. She looked simply beautiful.

Seulgi went off to school after she finished her breakfast.

 

She walked in the hallway with her heart pumping loudly, “you should be here Mino, so that I will not be this nervous”. Seulgi kept on walking with her head down and clumsy steps, she didn’t even realize there was someone in front of her, causing her to bump into that person.

“I’m sorry, really” she bowed as her heart started racing. Nervousness.

 

The person earlier was about to yell at her, but stopped and stared at her instead, her face showing that she felt guilty and also slightly scared. She looked loss yet still managed to be this beautiful.

“I’m sorry?”                                                 

“ah it’s ok, I’m fine don’t worry. What’s your name? You must be a new student right? So you’re my hoobae! Where do you live?”

“huh?”

The guy cleared his throat, “sorry, it’s ok. Don’t worry, um.. your name?”

“oh Seulgi, Kang Seulgi. And yea I’m one of new students here, your hoobae as well then. And you are?”

“Kim Myungsoo, you can call me Myungsoo. Ok, don’t worry Seulgi. And that’s right, I’m your sunbae here. Nice to meet you but I have to go, class will start in a minute. Bye!”

 

And that was how the lovers first met. Myungsoo had been looking for Seulgi in 4 months. He always tried to be close with her, although at first Seulgi was cold and slightly careless towards him, but she opened up to him eventually because of all the things he had done for her. Myungsoo texted her almost all the time just to remind her for breakfast, lunch and dinner, to remind her to study, to remind her to take care of herself, or just to say good morning, good night and other cheesy words.

 

She also shared her stories about Myungsoo to Mino through kakaotalk, he told her that it’d be nice if he could see Seulgi dating a nice guy. Mino gave her some good advices, so Seulgi became more convinced to open her heart for Myungsoo.  After 6 months of trying to win over her heart, Myungsoo could finally got Seulgi as his girlfriend. They were dating for over 2 years now, Seulgi loved him more and more as time went by. Even until they’ve graduated.

 

~~

 

Seulgi woke up from her sleep because of her phone rang. She took a look at it, and found that it was a reminder for her. Today, Mino was going back to Seoul. She checked her kakaotalk and there was a message from him telling her that he would be there in 10. She rushed to the bathroom, taking a quick shower, then dressed up quickly.

 

She drove to the airport, but stopped by to buy his favorite snack. Once she reached the airport, she stepped out of her car with a wide smile, and waiting for him still with a wide smile.

She smiled even wider when she spotted him in the gate. She waved at him excitedly, “Mino! Song Mino!!”

Mino heard someone calling his name, so he searched for the person. Once he spotted Seulgi waving at him, he immediately face palmed himself and shook his head. Seulgi ran towards him, and punched his arm playfully while giving him his favorite snack.

“what’s that?”

“your favorite!”

“you still remember?”

“of course!”

“thank you. Don’t you miss me?” he pouted.

She giggled, “of course I do. I miss you sooo much”

“then give me a hug” he spread his arms widely, and she immediately went into his arms, hugging him tight.

 

Before they went home, they drove to a café since he hadn’t eaten anything yet this morning. Seulgi thought of taking him to her favorite café where she used to come often with Myungsoo.

They stepped into the café and took a seat near the window. Seulgi called for the waitress then. They talked about a lot of things. She asked him how was his life in London, and also talked about their past. They laughed, and she would constantly smack him if he said something silly. When the foods arrived, they stopped talking and just enjoyed their meals.

 

In the middle of eating the meals, he decided to break the ice by asking her about Myungsoo, “where’s Myungsoo? Why didn’t you come with him?”

She widened her eyes and chocked on her own foods because of the sudden questions. He gave her a water, and patted her back, “yah! You okay?”

Once she felt better, “I’m okay, I was just surprised with your sudden questions. He’s home, still sleeping. I can’t just wake him up just to pick you up”

He acted weirdly, “oh..”

Mino continued eating, while Seulgi didn’t. She stared at him, and somehow he looked pissed off in her eyes. Seulgi wondered what she did wrong. Did she say something wrong? 

 

When they finished eating, they decided to go home. He was quiet during their journey back to his house. She wanted to ask why, but decided not to. She just focused on driving.

Once they reached home, Mino’s parents were there as well as his sister, to welcome him. When he opened the door, his parents were standing behind his sister, holding a cake with a wide grin plastered on their faces.

“welcome home, Mino Song!!”

 

Mino chuckled at their silliness. He missed his little family. They warmly welcomed him, but somehow Mino felt it was too cringe worthy yet he couldn’t show it to them since they must be put a lot of effort into this. He smiled and gave a big hug to each of them instead.

Seulgi was just standing there as she watched Mino and his family with a smile on her face. Mino’s mother cooked his favorite foods for their dinner. They ate together, the dining room filled with a really good atmosphere at that night.

 

Seulgi looked at the clock and frowned. Actually, she wanted to spend more time with this little family but she had to go since her Mother was home alone. Seulgi thanked Mino and his family for the dinner then excused herself to go back to home.

 

~~

 

Mino was arrived in Seoul right before his first day in College will begin. He entered Korea National University of Art. Mino chose to study in the same university along with Seulgi since both of them love to draw and they had a lot interest in art. They took the same course which was Visual Arts.

 

It’s already Monday. The first day to start a new life in college has already begun. Seulgi was too excited, she couldn’t stop smiling and blushing. On the other hand, Mino was completely done with his bestfriend. He felt embarrassed because some people around them were looking at Seulgi and chuckled. They were going together to campus, Seulgi forced Mino to take a walk with her. The sun was rising, the clouds were alive, the birds were singing, that was such a good day to start their new life as college students.

 

“Stop it Ddeulgi! They’re looking at you!” Mino blurted out.

Seulgi glared at him and pretended she didn’t hear anything. Mino shook his head as his face immediately darkened. Seulgi was out of control; dancing to and fro while humming some random songs with a grin on her face.

But unfortunately, a luxury car past through them and accidentally splashed dirty water from puddles so that Seulgi’s t-shirt became muddy. Mino and Seulgi’s facial expressions were fully shocked.

“yah!! Bastard! Stop! My clothes! Ahhh Mama! Mino stop that car! Arghh ! What to do OH MY IN’ GOD!!” Seulgi kept whining and cursing. She stopped it for a while to snap at Mino who was laughing his off. “is this funny huh?! Damn you!”

Mino couldn’t hold it, it was funny for him. Of course it was, he just asked Seulgi to stop embarrassing herself but she pretended she didn’t hear him. Now look at her, poor thing.

 

~~

 

“damn!”

She looked up at the driver and asked him what was that for, why did he cursed, but he said nothing and she didn’t believe him, she asked him again with a serious tone in her voice.

“uhm, I didn’t see there was puddles and it accidentally splashed to a girl”

“huh? What? Go back, you have to apologize”

“but..”

“no buts, go back or I’ll ask Dad to take you with him whenever he’s fishing”

Since the old guy didn’t seem like the idea of fishing with his boss, he decided to go back right away.

 

Mino and Seulgi were busy with the argument, they didn’t realize a car had stop in front of them.

The driver out of the car, he approached them but they still didn’t notice his presence so he cleared his throat. Seulgi and Mino immediately turned simultaneously towards the driver, “what?!”

They continued to fight but then Mino realized that this old guy was the driver who caused trouble for Seulgi.

 

“Ddeulgi stop! It’s him!”

“huh?” Seulgi laid her eyes on the old guy and wondered who he was.

“look!! That car! It’s him who makes your t-shirt turned ugly like this”

Seulgi suddenly had that hatred expression on her face, her eyes were piercing till the old guy felt his soul slowly be eaten by her. When Seulgi was about to punch the driver, a girl suddenly stopped her.  She bowed and also apologized for what happened earlier.

 

Mino and Seulgi were speechless. A doll-like girl who has that ethereal beauty, sweet deep voice and nice appearance was apologizing and bowed in front of them. Is this for real? They questioned.

“eh?”

“I’m so sorry. I told him to drive faster because I was in a hurry, I truly am sorry. Please forgive us” the girl bowed again, and it made Seulgi felt uncomfortable since people who were passing by always took a glance at them.

“ah.. hmm.. I see, it’s okay. I’m fine so don’t worry, stop bowing can you?” Seulgi awkwardly laugh

Mino raised his brows. He looked at his bestfriend with an unbelieveable expression. “She doesn’t usually as nice as this, they’re strangers though” he thought.

 

The doll-like girl offered them to come with her, she said she would never forgive herself is they refuse. Seulgi couldn’t stand her kindness, since Mino still didn’t know what to do he just followed Seulgi.

They’re all inside the car. Mino was sitting on the passenger seat beside the driver while Seulgi sat beside that girl on the back seats.

“I actually bring some clothes, just in case. Would you mind to wear them?”

“huh? Really? Is it okay?”
“of course! Look, your t-shirt is muddy. Where are you going anyway?”

“campus, today is our first day to enter college so yea..”

“which campus are you guys in?”

“oh it’s KNUA”

“KNUA? Korea National University of Art?”

“yup!”

“what a coincidence. I’m also a new student there”

Mino and Seulgi gasped and looked at each other with wide eyes. They laughed together afterwards. Seulgi got a new t-shirt from that girl and planning to change later when they’ve arrived.

 

“sorry, but we haven’t known each other names yet.. I’m Seulgi, Kang Seulgi and that guy is Song Mino, just call him Ahjussi or whatever it doesn’t matter tho”

“yah!! Don’t hear her for pete’s sake. You can call me Mino” he glared at Seulgi who was laughing and smiled at the doll-like girl, but she looked like she lost in thought.

Seulgi waved her hand in front of her face and the girl seemed surprised, “ah sorry”

“what’s your name?”

“Bae Joohyun, you can call me with anything you want”

“wah! What a beautiful name! rite Mino?” Mino agreed and nodded in return, “it sounds like baechu tho” he chuckled and it caused him to receive a slight punch from Seulgi. *baechu means cabbage in korean

“don’t mind him, it really is a beautiful name”
“it’s okay Seulgi. Honestly, all my close friends called me Baechu back then”

“ah ha ha re-really? It sounds cute, it suits you!”

“thank you, I like your name too” Joohyun smiled sweetly at Seulgi and it strangely made Seulgi fluttered.

 

~~

 

When they’d arrived at KNUA, the three rushed into the hall to attend The Welcoming Ceremony for new students. Since Joohyun didn't take the same course with Seulgi and Mino, they had to part. Seulgi was a bit cheerless at first but she knew they could meet again at break time later. Seulgi and Mino spent their campus tour together happily with all Visual Arts' students. They were humble and easy going so it wasn’t hard to get some friends in their first day meanwhile Joohyun felt awkward and uneasy in Drama class because all eyes were on her and she didn’t have an idea why did they stare at her like that.

 

Joohyun finished with her drama class earlier than Seulgi and Mino who were drawing the scenery on the sidelines of their campus tour with all new Visual Arts' students. She decided to wait for them in cafeteria, she took a seat on the corner after she ordered her favorite carrot cake and milkshake vanilla.

Joohyun promised to Seulgi and Mino that she will wait for them there if her class ended earlier than theirs.

 

Seulgi and Mino just finished their class, they hurriedly dismissed from class to meet Joohyun in cafeteria. But they stopped for a while when they were about to enter the place where Joohyun was waiting, they saw many people were peeking into the café through windows.

“what the hell are they doing?”

“it probably because there’re idols in this campus and maybe they’re inside the café?” Mino answered with an expressionless face.

“ah really? Hurry! Let’s take a look! Maybe some of EXO or iKON members are students here” Seulgi grab Mino’s wrist and pull it with an unbelievable strength of her arm.

 

“the heck. What EXO and iKON? They’re not here, they're probably holding a concert right now and working their off to gain money for their company”

“just shut up and see! And for your information, IKON hasn’t debuted yet” Mino rolled his eyes as they joined the crowd and try to get a view from there, but Mino was right.

No EXO or iKON, these guys in the crowd were looking and chatting about a girl who’s sitting alone inside as she was waiting for someone.

 

“yah! What is this? They’re looking at our baechu! Such erts”

Mino chuckled at his bestfriend because she looked pathetic yet funny with that disappointed expression.

“yah Song Mino! Do something!”

“what? Telling them to stop looking at her? Who are we? We have no right to do that, girl”

“damn you’re right, c’mon let’s take baechu somewhere far away from these disgusting guys, they’re not worthy to see her beauty”

“seems like you’re her bodyguard. Oh wait! You're more like her protective boyfriend, I’m not sure either. Are you straight?”

Seulgi didn’t answer his stupid question. She just hit his head with the campus guide book she’d been holding. She walked towards Joohyun’s table with Mino followed behind, they apologized as soon as Joohyun noticed them. Joohyun said she didn’t mind to wait for them there but Seulgi didn’t seem relieved about it. The fact that there were students outside looking at her was kinda creepy.

 

TBC.

 

 

FRIENDLY REMINDER!

Please give me feedback and leave some comments here about what do you think from the first chapter.

I won't bite. I want to improve my writing skills, I'm still learning but I'll try my best to finish this story prettily. Please, Please.. Don't just read and leave T__T

Ps: Excuse my grammar errors~ English isn't my first language he he

xoxo-; DG