Flower Shop

Flower Shop

"Remember, wear nice clothes tomorrow! No T-shirt!" Said a pretty little girl with mid hair length hair, one lid eyes that turned into a moon shape whenever she smiles, small but pointy nose, plus pink blush skinny cheek and thin lips.

That's the owner of a flower shop where I work at. A small decent shop near apgujeong district, right across a famous coffee shop that always seems busy.

"Kim Eunseol! You have to look the prettiest, you will stand beside me the whole time tomorrow." Sujeong said. Yes, Sujeong is my boss name and my friend at the same time. We have the same age, but we have different luck tho. She has everything. Pretty, kind hearted, smart, has a lot of friends, own her dream shop. We become friends since this shop opened and I was her first employee. We just clicked right away.

"야~ 은설아!!" Her voice get higher because I didn't answer her, I'm too busy thinking what to wear.

"It's impossible to look pretty beside you." I said as I grab my bag. Then I went home with all the others, including Sujeong.

•••

Since 5AM the shop already full with people. There's a lot of TV crew that preparing for the set.

Sujeong managed to get her 5 months flower shop become a shooting place for a variety show which hosted by VIXX N. Some kind of show where the host and the guest get to try variety kind of job, include becoming a florist. Today guest was no other than VIXX other member, Ken. Actually I was hoping the guest will be like SHINee Key or INFINITE Sunggyu. But I like VIXX anyway, I listen to their songs too.

You have no idea how Sujeong intruded my room and woke me up at 3AM, asking me to take shower, get ready, and she did my makeup. I really love how she transform me into. A dewy fresh makeup, with a peach blush cheek. But I argued with her about the red lipstick she wants me to wear. Until this second, I haven't agreed on that. My lips is still plain. Oh, I choose to wear a baby pink chifon dress with long sleeves with a peter pan collar that has white list paired with a white floral docmarts.

Sujeong and all of the workers are ready after the PD gave us a short brief. The set is ready as well. Not long after that, a black van stopped in front of the shop. It was N and Ken. Both of them have been dolled up and all ready too. They were so tall and good looking, yeah of course they are idol.

After entering the shop, N walk directly to Sujeong with this kind of look that I can't explain. Like he missed her. "Long time no see!" greeted N. Sujeong replied him with a hug, "You miss me, right?" She laughed and turned her head to me who was standing behind her. "He was my ex, I haven't told you I guess." Oh, so that's why N looking at her like that.

Why am I not surprise? Well, As I have mentioned. Sujeong is very pretty and she has a lot of friends. So like if she wants, maybe she can even date G-Dragon, that's how I always .

While having this conversation, Ken who was standing right beside N only nodded and chuckled along what Sujeong said. I didn't realize he caught my attention. I was staring at him blankly, but he suddenly looked at me and gave his ear to ear smile. I smiled back and looked away to Sujeong.

"Anyway, this is Eunseol." Sujeong introduced me to both N and Ken.

Then the shooting started and it goes on and on until 1 PM. Me and Sujeong effortlessly having fun during the shoot. After everything cleared up, all of us went straight back at home.

•••

Feeling guilty to the workers aftet a tiring day yesterday, Sujeong informed them to take a day off today. So left both of us at the shop.

I was ranting at her how tired I am just like the others while arranging a full pile of rare sunflower that just came earlier. Sujeong hugged me, "I'll buy you pizza." That's the easiest way to shut me up and it always work. "And we will close early at 2PM!" She clinged to my shoulder.

We were busy talking as we were preparing 3 pick-up orders, when a familiar face entered the shop. "Hi girls!" Said the guy. I was still busy arranging a bucket of red pink roses, an order from a son that wanted to give it for his mother birthday. I can see with the side of my eye, Sujeong already talked to him. Then I glanced at who is Sujeong talking to. It was Ken, he was giving Sujeong a present. She opened the box, there she found PEZ Minions edition. Collecting PEZ it's like her live.

'Another Sujeong admirer' that was the first thing that came into my mind. At the mean time, a customer came in to pick up one of the order she made. She ordered a flower balloon wreath with a golden autumn theme where we used gold balloon, the beautiful ultimate autumn flower,; Showy Stonecrop and couple strand of ribbons. I handed over the wreath to the customer, she looks satisfied.

Sujeong joined me to finish the last order for this morning, a surprise flower box. I can guess this flower box will going to be given to a girl for their anniversary. Not only flower inside the box, but also Ferrero Rocher chocolates all over the box in between the Pink Celosias and Red Gerbera Daisies plus 4 polaroids with this couple picture on it. Not forget, an anniversary card that the guy requested too.

That is one of hundreds reason why I enjoy so much becoming a florist. Flower not always meant to be given to the love ones, but flower always have a lot meanings, beyond your imagination.

I realized Ken was still here, he sat on the peach couch at the corner of the shop where usually customers would sit while waiting for their flower request. He really suits the image of an idol. How come someone on a casual black short, oversized white t-shirt, orange-blue snapback, and a black white Air Jordan shoes, can look this attractive.

Under my consciousness, I smirk at my own thoughts while looking back at the flower box that has been closed and tied up with a broken ribbon that matched with the white colored box.

"What are you smiling at?" Sujeong voice surprised me. I didn't know she was paying attention to me. "Lee Jaehwan?" She whispered. I look confused. "Ken's real name is Lee Jaehwan. And the PEZ is not from
him, it's from N. Maybe you want to know." She teased me.

"Shut up. I'm not smiling because of him." I denied.

The phone rings, Sujeong picked it up. It was one of the two customers that hasn't pick up their flowers. It was the flower box order, the guy asked us to deliver the box to a restaurant where he will having a lunch with his girlfriend. Usually there is a worker that helps us with the delivery, but for today I guess we need to deliver it ourself.

"Let me deliver it, I'll buy pizza as well after that. You wait for the rose bouquet to be picked up okay?" ordered Sujeong. "Ken, do you want to come? Or if you want to stay it's okay, I won't take too long." She looked at me, "Eunseol is here anyway." I looked back at Sujeong and shift my look to Ken. "Yeah please do stay if you want to." I said.

"I'll stay, I still want to see flowers." He laughed himself. Well, I think there's nothing funny. So I raised my eyebrows and nodded.

Off Sujeong goes. Then I offered Ken some drinks, he agreed to an orange chocolate ice coffee. I went at the back of the shop where there is Sujeong office; which practically I considered mine as well, employee room, and a decent kitchen like pantry.

It took me 5 minutes to come back at Ken, bringing 2 drinks and a slice of blueberry cheesecake I found in the fridge.

When I returned, Ken was looking around the shop. He was standing in front of the wall that consist of pictures. There is a lot of pictures of me and Sujeong plus other workers and our flower arrangement works. He turned at me when realizing I'm back.

"Found any interesting?" I asked him while putting the drinks and cake on the white table in front of the couch. He walked towards the table and I handed him the cheesecake.

"Among this flower?" He asked me back. I nodded. "You." He answered. And that's the cheesiest thing I ever heard in my life.